Author Topic: CoX 2  (Read 986 times)

Mageman

• Lieutenant
CoX 2
« on: June 29, 2014, 11:02:29 PM »
I have seen several posts about starting CoX2 and I want to caution you about this.
  • NC Soft owns the rights to the name City of ...  so getting them to release the name so a second version could be created is highly unlikely unless someone buys it from them. This is why people are trying to create "A Spiritual Successor".
  • There is a problem with creating a spin-off game. Most of the people who will play the new game are the ones that played the old one. So what happens most of the time, is that your player base doesn't increase. This is fine for stand-alone games (like Diablo where you buy it once, and can play forever). With MMOs, this is a different story - you break your player base into two parts - those who prefer the "classic" and those who like the "new and improved". So you end up doubling your costs while creating a minor increase in your player base.
  • So if you want to create a CoX2 - make it a direct replacement, not a "spin-off". Preferably, with a way to move your characters into the new system.
That is my 2₵ worth on the subject of CoX2.
My Reality:
#1 I love my wife!
#2 I miss CoX!
#3 Refer to rule #1!
#4 I seem to have an itch!

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: CoX 2
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:26:02 AM »
Have you not been following the "New Efforts" thread under Task Force Hail Mary?

If you haven't you should. You really should. Many of your points have been roundly discussed.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: CoX 2
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 12:42:24 AM »
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal