Author Topic: The Indestructibles - Matthew Phillion  (Read 2212 times)

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
The Indestructibles - Matthew Phillion
« on: June 26, 2014, 05:07:31 PM »
Bought this on my Kindle I think for $9.99. I'll say that overall it is one the best superhero genre novels I've read. It is YAish but not sickingly so. I give it two thumbs up.

Fridgy Daiere

Re: The Indestructibles - Matthew Phillion
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »
Hubby (@Happily Married, AKA Tennessee Bonfire) just finished The Quantum Prophecy trilogy by Michael Carroll, and he really enjoyed them.  They're also YA but I've not read them yet, so I can't say to what extent.  Are there other hero genre books that you or others have read and enjoyed?  These were his first and he's looking for more!  :)

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 05:42:52 PM »
A fellow Guardianite! Soon I will be Invincible by Austin Grossman is a fantastic read. The Kid Sensation series by Kevin Hardman is enjoyable as well.
Others

Meta by Tom Reynolds

Dust Pan Girl by James Fox

There are quite a few Batman novels floating around as well. I know Greg Rucka wrote a great one...The name escapes me atm.
Wayne of Gotham by Tracy Hickman

Also Mercedes Lackey has a couple of novels out based on some of her CoH charaacters.

Fridgy Daiere

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 06:01:17 PM »
Thank you; you've given me a great place to start!  :)

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 10:08:04 PM »
MU!!!

mrultimate

• Elite Boss

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »
MM!!!!

Boy do I sure miss home.  Especially lately.  Guardian forever!

docsilence

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
Feels a little strange posting this, but--I'm the author of the Indestructibles and I just saw this posting and wanted to say I'm glad you liked the book! I was a COH player from launch until the doors were shuttered on the Virtue server (I'd mention my character names but I was a ridiculous altaholic and probably had 35 characters between COH and COV). I really miss it.

Anyway--sorry if it's weird for the writer to respond to this sort of thing, but I stumbled across the post and my heart jumped into my throat, because it means a heck of a lot to have a fellow COH'er say they enjoyed the story. Made my entire week seeing this post. Thanks so much!
-matt

mrultimate

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »
Feels a little strange posting this, but--I'm the author of the Indestructibles and I just saw this posting and wanted to say I'm glad you liked the book! I was a COH player from launch until the doors were shuttered on the Virtue server (I'd mention my character names but I was a ridiculous altaholic and probably had 35 characters between COH and COV). I really miss it.

Anyway--sorry if it's weird for the writer to respond to this sort of thing, but I stumbled across the post and my heart jumped into my throat, because it means a heck of a lot to have a fellow COH'er say they enjoyed the story. Made my entire week seeing this post. Thanks so much!
-matt

Matt

I hope you do revisit the world of The Indestuctribles again in the near future.

MU

docsilence

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 06:21:43 AM »
Matt

I hope you do revisit the world of The Indestuctribles again in the near future.

MU

My worst hidden secret right now is that the sequel is in the works and should be out before the end of the year. There's been a lot of really positive and encouraging feedback, and since I had Book 2 sort of sketched out already the publisher and I decided to dive right in and continue the story. Takes place a year after the events of the first book as the Indestructibles deal with the fallout of saving the day (no good deed goes unpunished and all).
-matt