Author Topic: Smooth Camera Movement with Detached Camera?  (Read 1721 times)

Gleech

• Minion
Smooth Camera Movement with Detached Camera?
« on: January 24, 2014, 12:51:14 AM »
Hello everyone,
I would love to use Icon to make some awesome videos and stuff, however I'm lacking one key thing:
I need to be able to smooth the movement of the detachable camera. Recording a camera pan at the default speed and slowing it down in a video editing program wont really cut it.

Is there any way to create some sort of smooth pan effect in Icon? Any commands to slow the movement of a player so I could at least go 'first person' and move slowly side-to-side or something? If not any direct way, anyone have any ideas on how one might accomplish an effect like this?

Thanks in advance.

therain93

• Elite Boss
Re: Smooth Camera Movement with Detached Camera?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:58:28 AM »
Well, with a spreadsheet you can make the necessary calculations for the placement of the camera in between certain points and times, then sort that into the demo file and playback.  For straight lines, especially in a single plane, that should be relatively easy; when you start panning on an arc though, you'll have to be comfortable with the calculations of a circle -- remember, pi() is your friend. ( ' :
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

Gleech

• Minion
Re: Smooth Camera Movement with Detached Camera?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 02:21:25 AM »
Okay, will do! Thanks for the suggestion! :)
Glad it's not impossible to do... xD I was beginning to worry.