Author Topic: Is Star Trek Online good now?  (Read 2174 times)

Waffles

• Elite Boss
Is Star Trek Online good now?
« on: November 21, 2013, 02:10:28 PM »
Long story short: I haven't played it since before our...incident last year. Though I heard that many of the CoH team members since then are now part of the STO team. So I wonder, has their influence made the game better?

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
Re: Is Star Trek Online good now?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 11:48:16 PM »
I'd say it has, yes. The game's actually pretty good now. I got bored of it after a while more because of a lack of much interest in Star Trek more than any problem with the game.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:09:38 AM »
I quit playing early on because of a lack of content.  It was either quit or go on those endless repeating missions.  My choice was to quit.

Nealix

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 12:57:25 AM »
It gets a lot more love from their devs than CO does.  :-\

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:07:16 AM »
It gets a lot more love from their devs than CO does.  :-\
Probably because it's backed by a major movie studio and a license 45 years old... where would you rather put your Dev money, with Captain Kirk and Paramount Studios or with Sergent Grizzlyhands and the guys who shot their one good load with CoH and then faded to mediocrity?
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »
Lots of new content since the early days. You can play as any of the three main races, each with their own storylines (up to about lv 20, then they start mixing.) Lots of character customization options. Plays a lot like CoH. Voice acting from Star Trek veteran actors. You get YOUR OWN SPACESHIP. You can fight the Borg and lots of baddies from the series and the expanded universe novels....

And much more. Give it a try.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 04:36:01 AM »
It's better than it used to be. The missions the CoH devs have worked on are MUCH better than the ones before, though if you really want a true Trek "feel", look to the Foundry. There have been some amazing missions done there that, IMO, would've made fantastic series episodes.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »
Plays a lot like CoH....

That was exactly my impression of the game.

I may give it another try.