Author Topic: when you see a tv ad like this...say where the tanks...  (Read 1983 times)

microc

• Boss
when you see a tv ad like this...say where the tanks...
« on: October 25, 2013, 04:23:59 AM »
all you see is blasters and controlers no tanks.
http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7nsQ/chase-freedom-comic-expo

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: when you see a tv ad like this...say where the tanks...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 09:15:15 AM »
That commercial always made me think of CoH too.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

TriNitroToluene

• Minion
  • Triumph Server....the few, the proud, the pantless
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:46:34 PM »
Ah yes, I think of CoH every time as well.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 05:53:36 PM »
I don't watch a lot of tv so this is the first time I have seen it.  But, yes, it reminds me of home too.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 08:57:29 PM »
I'm feel like that when I go to a con.  It's like "my people".  No double takes (unless the costume is good), no judgement, just seems terribly normal to me.  And this was before CoH.  Never liked the world where you are social-economically pigeonholed by what you are wearing or what you drive.

I think this is why I really don't notice that Ichabod Crane is still in his duds from the 1700s.  It's like the Doctor, Steve Jobs or most animated shows.  Wears the same outfit every day.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »
I'm feel like that when I go to a con.  It's like "my people".  No double takes (unless the costume is good), no judgement, just seems terribly normal to me.  And this was before CoH.  Never liked the world where you are social-economically pigeonholed by what you are wearing or what you drive.

I think this is why I really don't notice that Ichabod Crane is still in his duds from the 1700s.  It's like the Doctor, Steve Jobs or most animated shows.  Wears the same outfit every day.

yeah. Sounds like many areas in the real world where people only care about what you wear, who made your suit, if ya not wearing a suit then you must be a bum, what car you drive, and if you drive this car this means you must be this or that type of people and supposed to like this and that and go here and there and speak like this or that.

Sometimes it's nice to be among people who dont give a crap about any of those things and like you for you and not the pockets., But alas it seems to be a shrinking world. Go to game gatherings ya suppose to wear this or that or you're not a true gamer, if you dont talk about this subject or dont like that subject or dont know who so and so is or hang out with this many people then you dont know anything about games.

One day I will go to a game con and hopefully it's as you described FXmas. From a friend that just back from one, one that dont even play games to boot, it's awesome.