Author Topic: Finally jumping into this.  (Read 1354 times)

PunkusJR

• Boss
Finally jumping into this.
« on: August 12, 2013, 06:24:43 AM »
I played City for eight  or seven years. Started it when I was ten. I remember everyday playing with my dad. The game was our bond really. And our home for all those years.

The closure announcement couldn't have come at a worse time for me. I had just found out I wouldn't be able to attend college. It was devastating seeing those words on my monitor. I stared for minutes. Slammed my head onto my desk telling myself this was a dream brought on by the bad news. It wasn't. I couldn't play. I couldn't do anything really. I feel into depression. I remember the last time I logged in. My bestfriend had spent hours convincing me over skype. I logged in and all she heard from me were muffled sobs.

A year has passed. I've begun picking up my life so it can really start and I see it fitting to pick up the biggest part of it. And unfortunately, right now, this is one of the few ways I can. So while I'm late, hello all! PunkusJR at your service. ^^
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
Re: Finally jumping into this.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:48:03 AM »
Welcome home, PunkusJR! You have kindred souls here who understand what COH meant to us.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »
*Gives PunkusJR a big spidery hug*

Your father is a rare and righteous human being.  I wish I could've shared something like CoH with my own Dad.  I keep hearing things like this - parents gaming with their children, siblings gaming together.  Friends that would not be together any other way becoming or remaining close through CoH.  And yet NCsoft pulled the plug.

Your depression, while terrible and I wouldn't wish it on anything, is entirely justified.  After a one-two nut-shot like that, who wouldn't be in pain?  You have my sympathies.  I hope you can join us in our hopes and efforts to one day take CoH back for ourselves, or at least capture its spirit and community.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 01:42:25 PM »
*waves* Howdy! Good to see ya.

Boy, do I know what you're saying about bad timing. The worst time of my life started shortly after Freedom launched, and lasted several straight months without letting up. I'll spare you the details cause it's just depressing, but first one thing started, then a few days later a second thing, and we couldn't properly react to either one because of the other. It's still rough now, but those months were absolutely horrid. Fortunately I did have City to help me deal with it at the time, and frankly I think that's all that got me through it with my sanity intact. If I'd had to try to cope with those events with nothing to turn to... or worse yet, to hear news of the shutdown while trying to deal with everything else... I think I'd have collapsed in on myself and I still wouldn't be clear of it even now. So yeah. If you ever want to hear someone else's story about crappy timing, you just let me know, cause I got a doozy.

Anyways. Congratulations on holding up through all that! Glad to see you're ready to start putting things back on track. Feel free to join in on the conversations in the other threads, we'd love to hear from you!

Oh... and if you haven't heard about Icon yet, check it out: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon

If the thought of editing costumes, loading up maps to fly around, and spawning NPCs for screenshots and/or giggles sounds good to you, you'll be wanting to look into that. ;)

PunkusJR

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 04:47:28 PM »
Quote from: Triplash

Oh... and if you haven't heard about Icon yet, check it out: [url
http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Titan_Icon[/url]

If the thought of editing costumes, loading up maps to fly around, and spawning NPCs for screenshots and/or giggles sounds good to you, you'll be wanting to look into that. ;)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. And actually I have been messing around in icon. Stood around for a bit. http://punkusjr.deviantart.com/art/Waiting-for-City-to-Come-back-391353284

And then decided that I wanted to throw a freakshow party. http://punkusjr.deviantart.com/art/Freak-Dance-391539656 Though in hindsight I could have picked better party mates.
I am the gun that rains judgement. I am the chill in the spine of evil doers. I am the flame that burns with justice. I am the teal angel that rises from death! I! AM! KAIT0!

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 08:33:56 PM »
Hello.

Enjoy the Titan community.

:D
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive