Author Topic: Side Mish: Alert The Colbert Nation!  (Read 5217 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Side Mish: Alert The Colbert Nation!
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:58:36 AM »
Here's something for you to do while we wait on Disney and the contact we have on Google.

Let's get ourselves a Colbert Bump if we can.

Here's the story:  Evil Overlord NCSoft destroyed City of Heroes, obliterating Colbert's own tribute Supergroup, The Colbert SuperNation, in the process.  We want Colbert to come to the rescue (and help us get NCSoft to turn loose of the IP).  If we get any interest, direct them here, to Rae.  She's our journalist and should be our point man on this.

Here's the image to use:

Tweet, email, post on Facebook, yada.  Make a LOT of noise.  We have to penetrate the Great Wall of Interns.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
Re: Side Mish: Alert The Colbert Nation!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:00:34 AM »
<1-800-Contacts commercial voice> "My image!"
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Quinch

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 03:42:02 PM »
I've mentioned it in another thread, but given that Tek Jansen is replicable in the CoH costume creator, maybe some of the resident videographers could put together a little showreel featuring Colbert's space spy character?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 02:13:36 AM »
I've mentioned it in another thread, but given that Tek Jansen is replicable in the CoH costume creator, maybe some of the resident videographers could put together a little showreel featuring Colbert's space spy character?

That's a great plan, if anyone wants to do it.  I still haven't begun on doing single-character snapshot.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 01:16:07 AM »
Alright, anyone who is interested in helping with the Tek Jansen video idea, there's a thread about it in the Multimedia section here. My editing plate is pretty full at the moment though so there's only so much I can contribute. But I the story needs developing anyway before anyone starts making demo files. The same kind of collaborative brainstorming that went into creating that epic Colbert Supernation image.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7543.msg99541.html#new

And I don't know... maybe this should all get consolidated so we don't end up with discussions happening in multiple threads?

kalynnda13

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:00:24 PM »
I posted a storyboard for a Tek Jansen video in the thread Tim the Enchanter linked to. Please tear it apart...so that it can be made better! 

I can't do the video by myself. I'm only learning demo editing and basic video editing, and this needs to be polished. So any and all help is appreciated.

Vasarto

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 11:30:27 PM »
cool. That picture is really really cool!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 11:40:32 PM »
I posted a storyboard for a Tek Jansen video in the thread Tim the Enchanter linked to. Please tear it apart...so that it can be made better! 

I can't do the video by myself. I'm only learning demo editing and basic video editing, and this needs to be polished. So any and all help is appreciated.

I got your initial PM.  PM me your email address.
If you see me posting here, you need to tell me to stop it and get back to writing.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 11:11:21 AM »
UNLEASH THE HOUNDS.

Let's get us a Colbert Bump if we can.

If any of you get a response, send them to Rae.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »
On it!

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 03:43:03 PM »
What's the page to link?

Madadh

• Minion
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 06:35:35 AM »
What's the page to link?

Stop it!  Get back to writing....  But wait...  Feel free to be fun and cool and such here for a bit longer, if you like...

mikoroshi

• Boss
  • Author, Owner of Dogs
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 06:56:35 AM »
Stop it!  Get back to writing....  But wait...  Feel free to be fun and cool and such here for a bit longer, if you like...

My book is at the editor's right now but ... yes, thank you.  First person to do it, too!  You win an internet cookie!