Author Topic: Trusting NCSoft - Would you play COH2?  (Read 7950 times)

Omega Mark V

• Boss
Re: Trusting NCSoft - Would you play COH2?
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2012, 07:19:03 PM »
No. I would not.

NCSoft has gotten the last dollar out of me.

If CoH 2 is made by anyone else, as long as that 'someone else' isn't a sucky company or a company that can't remake games, (GamersFirst, for instance) I'd play it definitely.

If NCSoft were to remake the game, it'd be a punch in the face at this point.
- Omega Mk. V

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »
Someone said they would play CoH2 if all their spiffs from CoH1 carried forward. Is this the case with GW2? I honestly haven't played GW1 in about a year, and that was probably after a year break prior to that. I was going to buy GW2 until Black Friday, but will not be doing that, now. One thing that seemed to be unique to CoH was the regular veteran rewards, which were worth carrying forward to a new game. The closest thing I've seen in other games was some kind of non-combat pet in WoW that you got if you were logged in during their anniversary "celebration." Cuz, you know, I really need a baby penguin following me around.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

MacGuyver

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
If NCsoft was behind it: No.

At our university we used CoH in the classroom as an educational tool. NCsoft closing CoH will remove one of our core class modules. From what little information I can pseudo-confirm, CoH was making money on some level but NCsoft decided it did not fit their business model and/or direction. Our contact with the Paragon people was usually very good, while contact with NCsoft support was... rather lacking.

At this point, I cannot say if we will even discuss NCsoft titles in the class, except perhaps for a case study in the conflict between the business vs. creative side (ie. CoH closure saga).

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2012, 10:20:54 PM »
No Chance in Hell..

Optimus Dex

• Boss
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »

Not without Paragon being involved. They burned my trust of them and pay to get extras.
I love the idea of Coh heroes , I love Superheroes and powers . Champions Online and DCUO are not cutting it for me.
Nc Soft and for that matter Nexon  gets no money from me  again ever.

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2012, 11:12:48 PM »
I do believe in second chances, however, re-earning trust after such a betrayal is something completely different and significantly harder. I imagine I would despise NCSoft and CoH2 for a long time but eventually I'd give in and try it. After that, who knows...
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson