Author Topic: NCsoft at Glassdoor.com  (Read 3489 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
NCsoft at Glassdoor.com
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »
I may or may not be trying to stifle giggle fits while reading the comments from employees in the Reviews tab.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/NCsoft-Reviews-E23242.htm

Glassdoor is a pretty reputable site, but it relies on input from employees for its data.  Make of that what you will.

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: NCsoft at Glassdoor.com
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »
That's... scathing. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
Disheartening.

Dear Santa,

The only thing I want for Christmas, other than the usual World Peace, is that City of Heroes is purchased by a United States company.

Sincerely,
Soundtrack.

P.S. I'm sorry that I accidentally speed-boosted my fellow vigil heroes yesterday. I was trying to help out a level 1 by giving her SB and ended up startling everybody so they dropped their torches! :(

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:31 PM »
Uh I think my current theory behind the shutdown of COH is right on the money.

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:51:52 PM »
Uh I think my current theory behind the shutdown of COH is right on the money.

??? What theory?
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »
??? What theory?

My guess is Korean corporate culture pushing to end all Western jobs at NCSoft and concentrating on the Far East.  That's what it looks like from this end too.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »
My guess is Korean corporate culture pushing to end all Western jobs at NCSoft and concentrating on the Far East.  That's what it looks like from this end too.

Seconded. Er, thirded? I guess? >.>;
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Grower

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 05:35:28 AM »
They also misspelled his name.

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 11:55:16 AM »
More Bluntly: City of Heroes doesn't sell in Korea so Cut it. Pure and simple, well with more racist undertones at least.

TheFlea

• Minion
  • The Grandfather of Spine/SRs in PvP.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
More Bluntly: City of Heroes doesn't sell in Korea so Cut it. Pure and simple, well with more racist undertones at least.

It's common business practice though. If suffering financial hardships keep what's surviving at home alive and kill what isn't. Unfortunately the Korean upper tiers have said time and time again they cannot understand the Western infatuation with the superhero genre. Pity there's not really a viable target market in Japan as I suspect it would have done rather well there.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 06:11:53 PM »
i've seen reviews on NCSoft before. Someone said they wouldn't wish that job on their enemies. That's bad. I actually did research on this the day they annunced the closure becuase of all of the arguements in the forums about weaher or not it's money related or if NC is just stupid. Stupid won according to the reviews of ex employees.

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 08:19:55 PM »
It's common business practice though. If suffering financial hardships keep what's surviving at home alive and kill what isn't. Unfortunately the Korean upper tiers have said time and time again they cannot understand the Western infatuation with the superhero genre. Pity there's not really a viable target market in Japan as I suspect it would have done rather well there.

You'd think there would be good crossover potential with Shonen Jump type heroes. A lot of animes and mangas are basically eastern super hero comics without the tights.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 08:47:40 PM »
On the one hand, it's saddening for those who like NCSoft products here in the West. On the other, it's encouraging for those who want to convince NCSoft to sell Paragon STudios and everything to a Western company, because if they're consolidating in the East as a business strategy, making money off of ditching their product (rather than simply writing off the sunk costs as losses) should be attractive to them.