Author Topic: I think Virtueverse died.  (Read 3122 times)

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
I think Virtueverse died.
« on: April 18, 2014, 06:26:27 AM »
I was in the middle of venting to a friend about something not related to this and it compelled me to check out whether the character fan wikis are still running.

Ouroportal is up, and probably looks nicer than when I saw it last. On the other hand, Virtueverse gives me a plane text string which includes "server has gone away".

If I missed the bulletin on this, I'm sorry, but...this kinda stings right now.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
Re: I think Virtueverse died.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:10:22 AM »
Looks like mySQL barfed up all the wikibits it was trying to hold together. Trying to find my contact information for Ransim (the owner). Don't know if they keep an eye on Titan (sent a PM anyway) - last time s/he was here was October.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »
Muchly appreciated, Agge.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:16:07 PM »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:45:51 AM »
Yeah, going to one of those links then searching up for my User page worked fine, as did some of my other pages.

Maybe it's just the front page which is bonkers.

ransim

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 04:16:42 PM »
Hey, sorry to necro a thread I just saw a PM about this when I logged in to check something else.

As I promised before the game ended Virtueverse isn't going anywhere anytime soon short of something happening to me or the $70/month to host it becomes a problem, though in the second case I would warn everyone . I did have to take Union offline though because no one on their side was monitoring it and it was compromised, its waiting for me to have time to clean it up.

If anyone every sees a problem with virtueverse please email me ransim AT gmail.com or on twitter as @ransim. Work keeps me incredibly busy lately so I am not there every day, emails/tweets from users help me a lot.

The current issue is actually related to the server host, not the database, they've been experiencing major issues with their san since March. I'm in the process now of actually moving VV's files to a new server (the DB is on a separate hosting platform). But their san goes to shit and the cache for the home page that handles the recently updated list craps itself and breaks the landing page. Its also why the site has been slow as hell since March.