Author Topic: Just a uh.... Idea for some more community recognition.  (Read 5557 times)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
Re: Just a uh.... Idea for some more community recognition.
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 11:51:15 PM »
Also thank you for revising my letter, your version seems much more put together than mine, with your permission i'd rather that as the final copy.

I don't know if you mean me or Trip, and I don't want to speak for him out of turn, but I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want you to use it. ;)

Also, he has a website with a contact page. The email form says it's for media and developers only. You can take your chances and use it, anyway, but there's also a Snail Mail address. It's not as hyperlink-friendly, but it does show a little more resolve, since you took the time to write/print it, find a stamp, etc. It's what we were encouraged to do for all the write-ins to this point, and it might get around the annoyance factor: an inbox full would be annoying, but what about a mailbox full?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 01:07:24 AM »
Yep, same as DW said, it's yours if you want to use it.

And I'll second the other stuff he said too. Good points :)

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 01:13:03 AM »
I don't know if you mean me or Trip, and I don't want to speak for him out of turn, but I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want you to use it. ;)

Also, he has a website with a contact page. The email form says it's for media and developers only. You can take your chances and use it, anyway, but there's also a Snail Mail address. It's not as hyperlink-friendly, but it does show a little more resolve, since you took the time to write/print it, find a stamp, etc. It's what we were encouraged to do for all the write-ins to this point, and it might get around the annoyance factor: an inbox full would be annoying, but what about a mailbox full?

I would mail it.

He probably labeled the email section dev and media only for a reason. Might be that lot of people tried contacting him for various stuff in the past and that can fill up boxes quickly not to mention look risky coming from various sources.

Or quite simply mailing it probably lessen the risk of being immediately spammed button and or deleted without it even being opened.

Flow-Vector

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 01:50:38 AM »
Mailing does sound like the more 'sincere' way.
"It is said that irony is the true guiding hand of fate, and what we call destiny is the cruel humor playing out its joke on the world."

I just love this quote from Sirocco.

Profile picture is Flow- my Kin/Regen scrapper from freedom and beta