Author Topic: Comic Covers from Screenshots  (Read 2366 times)

Spineshank

• Underling
Comic Covers from Screenshots
« on: July 07, 2013, 10:38:08 PM »
With Icon allowing people to get back into the game, I've seen a lot of people doing some pretty cool things to immerse themselves back into the game world. One of the coolest to me has been taking their characters and making comics from them. Since my writing skills are non-existent, I stuck with making covers of some of my mains on Freedom.

Despite hearing from everyone else the games graphics were so dated, I thought it looked insanely great for it's age, and even think it's better than most of the MMOs that are released nowadays. I tried to catch some of the better scenes in the game for the screenshots.

Because I enjoyed the character creator so much, I often browsed the 'Post your favorite costumes' thread on the official forums to get ideas (or darn-near plagiarize every now and again). I saved some of my really favorite designs, and decided to use them in the Info Bar in the upper-left hand corner of the cover. Most of these I did not save names for, so if you know who they were/belonged to, I'd love to put their names up there.

Otherwise, enjoy the rather well-endowed ladies (and a few gents) of Freedom.

Sin Stalker

• Boss
Re: Comic Covers from Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:35:57 AM »
These are great!

Spineshank

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »
Thanks! Luckily, quite a few of these screenshots I already had from a prior project, and the comic book theme seemed like such a shoe-in. Being able to coordinate everything in the new Icon made is that much easier.

It's the only thing I can do to keep the boredom away til we get our game back  :'(

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 07:38:12 PM »
Photoshop with layers maybe? Or some other program?

I ask because i got CS6 on my system and I was thinking of trying a few of these with some of my toons. Maybe a 1st issue debut cover of the toon.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Spineshank

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 09:29:40 PM »
I actually did this using Macromedia Fireworks 8, which is like a combination of Photoshop and Illustrator. You can do it in Photoshop to achieve similar results, but if you use any text on it, it might come out a tad bit pixelated. Fireworks isn't the best at text either, I would have rather exported a .tif and then do all the text in Illustrator, but that's too much work  :P

I say mock one up! I had a blast making these, and it gives you a purpose when you log into Icon.