Author Topic: In hindsight I wish I had saved all my costumes when the game was live.  (Read 1846 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
I had something like 35 heroes (maybe more) I played and 10 were like my 'main' ones.

But I rarely changed costumes on most of them so out of 35 heroes (or more) I have only saved about 8 costumes and 5 are alts from only one hero.

Mostly everyone else I had to go and recreate all over and save in the offline Icon.

Not a huge deal but the lesser used ones I can barely recall what they looked like.

Tacitala

• Boss
Did you save them with Titan Sentinel or make a demo recording of them?  If you did, there's good news and bad news.

Good news- Xenos worked out how to translate the information in to a proper costume file!

Bad news- It will take you quite a while to do each costume.

Good news again- we might have some sort of automatic conversion on the way.

If you didn't save the characters... :(  You'll have to see if you have some screen shots and go from those.
"And I, of course, am innocent of all but malice."
- Princess Fiona of Amber

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
Hindsight is a mofo.

ALways play as if it's the last day of it being live.

If that urge to take a screen shot comes, dont put it off, do it.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Are the costumes stored in some way in the export files that we created when we exported toons at the end?

I did get screen shots of all my costumes and I saved most them ingame, but there were a few i missed.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Phaetan

• Elite Boss
If you are referring to the Sentinel Program, you can make Demorecord files from them.  We have also (thanks to Xenos and Arachnion) worked out how to manually create a .costume file from a Sentinel file.  We may have others working on an automated version as well.  For more info, feel free to dig through the "Costume File Formats" thread in this subforum.