Author Topic: Screenshot Prints  (Read 3375 times)

Blargeth

• Underling
    • blargmedia inc.
Screenshot Prints
« on: April 04, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
Hi folks,

It's been a little while since I've been around here, but I thought I'd share my latest adventure.. Something I've wanted to do was to get some of my screenshots printed as I've always thought some of them would make for great pieces to hang on the wall. Well, yesterday, they arrived! :)

Screen resolution doesn't necessarily translate well to print resolution - maybe good enough for 4x6 prints or thereabouts. But I have a few photography tools at my disposal, including a great resizing tool that blows up images (with very little loss in quality) to some larger print sizes. So after applying my usual photo editing workflow for colour, lighting, etc., etc., I sent them through my online print shop and here are the results..

Here's the Atlas Park shot printed at 20"x30"

First Ward and Portal Corp printed at 16"x24"

Golden Giza and Wentworth's at 12"x18"

Cimerora and Kings Row at 10"x15" as well as the Moon Base and a Nerva Bridge at 8"x12"

Now to look at matting/framing/mounting/etc. to get them hanging. Or maybe just some tape/tacks. ;)
--
@blarg
[ www | tw | gp ]

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
Re: Screenshot Prints
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 05:17:36 PM »
Nice shots, Blargeth.

I haven't tried prints with any of mine yet, but I'll admit to being tempted. Those look good.
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 05:25:02 PM »
Very Nice.

I made a 2013 Calendar with my screen shots but with seeing yours, I might do one or two of mine.  Thank you for sharing and the idea.

CrimsonCapacitor

• Captain of the Hard Ship
  • Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:15:19 PM »
If you don't mind my asking... I dabble in photography.  I'm assuming you're using something along the lines of Genuine Fractals/Perfect Resize.  I've never tried software like that, but was wondering if you had any recs for that kind of software....
Beware the mighty faceplant!

r00tb0ySlim

• Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 07:18:29 PM »
Very nice!!!

Blargeth

• Underling
    • blargmedia inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
Thanks, everyone!

If you don't mind my asking... I dabble in photography.  I'm assuming you're using something along the lines of Genuine Fractals/Perfect Resize.  I've never tried software like that, but was wondering if you had any recs for that kind of software....

Yep, that's exactly it. I picked up OnOne's Perfect Suite a couple of years ago and have been working a lot with the latest v7 release. I didn't really have a use for Perfect Resize as my photos were pretty high resolution to begin with, but somewhere along the way, I figured screenshots would make a great use case to try it out on.
--
@blarg
[ www | tw | gp ]

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 01:19:37 AM »
Stunning!

edit: (sorry, that looked sarcastic but was not supposed to. fixed punctuation.)
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

Blargeth

• Underling
    • blargmedia inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »
Heh. Cheers, Liz!
No worries, didn't even see it. :)
--
@blarg
[ www | tw | gp ]

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 01:19:48 AM »
Nice! Thanks for posting these!   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

silvers1

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 01:24:32 AM »
Very nice, can you repost when you have them framed?  I wouldnt mind having a few of mine done, and would like some ideas
of how to get them properly framed/matted.

--- Hercules - Freedom Server ---

VyoletRose

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »
Wow, those prints turned out sharp!
Save City of Heroes | http://www.ourcityofheroes.com/