Author Topic: NCsoft Email Says "Aion Misses You!" ... Reply Back to Customer Support?  (Read 15536 times)

JetFlash

• Boss
Re: NCsoft Email Says "Aion Misses You!" ... Reply Back to Customer Support?
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »
It can take years to win a customer.  To lose one, mere seconds.

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 09:19:20 PM »
It can take years to win a customer.  To lose one, mere seconds.

And it only takes one utterly unacceptable betrayal to create an enemy for life.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »
And yet some companies are perfectly fine to just throw people away. Doesn't make much sense, does it.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 05:29:12 AM »
And yet some companies are perfectly fine to just throw people away. Doesn't make much sense, does it.

a lot of companies prolly go by the pt barnum saying "theres a sucker born every minute" so if they lose some poeple here they will just go to somewhere else to find more poeple

the truth of it is, in the real world customers are not exactly expendable, if you disrespect them, you lose their business, but that customer still has business to do so they will go to your competitors

unless your dealing in online goods (as ncsoft is) you would have a much smaller pool of customers since your dealing mostly with local area, whereas ncsoft providing a purely online service has essentially the entire world as long as you have a stable internet connection and subbed to one of their games

in both cases though, alienating customers is usually seen as a very bad thing with business, why some do it is as much a mystery why ncsoft shuttered coh in the manner it did

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »
On a global scale, with communication the way it is these days, it's just too hard to alienate that many people.

Picture yourself in a small town a few decades ago. You set up a shop. You tick off a customer. That somebody tells their friends what happened. It doesn't take long for it to spread through the whole town, and you'll be lucky to keep your business.

Fast forward to the modern world. Small businesses are practically non-existent now. And even if they weren't, neighborhoods are non-existent. Individuals no longer communicate like they used to. And you're a global company now. Your potential customer base numbers in the billions. Your advertising can reach countless more people than any small group of common folks could ever hope to. Even BP, which literally threatened the future of humanity with its oil spill, is still in business today. Businesses are practically immune to bad PR now.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »
Man.  I wish I had gotten this email.  Just a chance to say something, no matter how inconsequential, would have been nice.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 12:22:33 AM »
My reply would be utterly unprintable.

That only makes me want to see it more. ;) I think if you want to reply to customer support, go for it, but be polite. The more logical reasons you can give for your discontent the better (such as 'by the horrible example of your customer support and handling of City of Heroes, I do not feel inclined to play another game of yours' rather then DIE NCSOFT DIE--even if you feel that way.) If you do respond, let us know! I'd be interested in their reply.

Menrva Channel

• Boss
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:07 AM »
Better yet:

'NCSoft Team,

We wanted to let you know that your voice has been heard and your lack of concern has been taken into serious consideration. We do not appreciate the overwhelmingly insensitive, abrupt manner with which you decided to end City of Heroes. It has not been an easy decision for us to cancel our subscriptions to your other games and remove ourselves from your customer base. We're still leaving all options on the table including the reopening of the studio and the purchase of the rights to the City of Heroes intellectual property, but to date, efforts to do so have not been taken seriously. City of Heroes has a special place in all of our hearts, and we want to ensure its reputation and the memories we share for the game continue to live on.

Once again, we will be holding events throughout the process of preparing for the game's reopening, and we encourage developers and other fans of the franchise to join forces and prepare to once again enjoy their time in a game that we've enjoyed supporting for more than eight years.

-The City of Heroes Community"

I wish this had a like button.  That is pure gold. :D (Sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure if I could merge the replies.)

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2013, 05:46:25 AM »
I wish this had a like button.  That is pure gold. :D (Sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure if I could merge the replies.)

Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2013, 06:14:40 AM »
On a global scale, with communication the way it is these days, it's just too hard to alienate that many people.

Picture yourself in a small town a few decades ago. You set up a shop. You tick off a customer. That somebody tells their friends what happened. It doesn't take long for it to spread through the whole town, and you'll be lucky to keep your business.

Fast forward to the modern world. Small businesses are practically non-existent now. And even if they weren't, neighborhoods are non-existent. Individuals no longer communicate like they used to. And you're a global company now. Your potential customer base numbers in the billions. Your advertising can reach countless more people than any small group of common folks could ever hope to. Even BP, which literally threatened the future of humanity with its oil spill, is still in business today. Businesses are practically immune to bad PR now.

I strongly disagree. Take a look at how successful the owner of Chik-fil-A's stand on same sex marriage went. Sales that exceeded black friday's sales at most stores. People can shop with their conscience, if the motivation is there.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

MindBlender

• Boss
  • My Main was a healer, wish he was here now.
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:40 AM »
Makes me wonder if they planned to send out emails about their other products after the announcement of the shut down.  I just picture the meeting room where the ONE intelligent person said

"You are a special kind of stupid aren't you!"
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:31:02 AM by MindBlender »
All my computer skill was used up on my Commodore 64 decades ago...

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 09:01:39 PM »
Makes me wonder if they planned to send out emails about their other products after the announcement of the shut down.  I just picture the meeting room where the ONE intelligent person said

He was probably fired because he made the others look..well, stupid.

Stupid is as stupid does, after all.

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »
I'm sure he managed to stop at least one idiot from going through with it.
Unfortunately, you know how this goes: the universe (or perhaps corporate?) then provided a better idiot.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 02:33:24 PM »

That would've been priceless.
But the reality is probably that it's a mass email adressed to everyone who's ever registered an Aion account. :P

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 09:14:22 AM »
Does anyone know how to say "kiss off" in Korean?

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 08:23:23 PM »
Does anyone know how to say "kiss off" in Korean?
My brother would say, "kiss off, in Korean".

I, on the other hand, will be polite and not say that. I will, instead, say, "I don't know".