Author Topic: It's 12:01 Saturday 24th  (Read 3784 times)

Frostyfrozen

• Boss
It's 12:01 Saturday 24th
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:05:40 AM »
It's 12:01 anyone else feel the pause and silence.
Thank a gody we have 1 more week as a NCsoft COH.

unladenswallow

• Lieutenant
  • "Are you suggesting Coconuts Migrate?"
Re: It's 12:01 Saturday 24th
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »
I guess that's our "Black Friday".
"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." -Thomas Paine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:08:06 AM »
From now on, I will always think of 'Black Friday' as the day they announced the end of Coh. It won't have to do with doorbuster sales or even the day after Thanksgiving.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Epelesker

• Boss
  • One fix at a time!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:36:10 PM »
... It's also my birthday today. :O

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 11:37:16 PM »
Happy Birthday then :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 06:09:35 AM »
Mr Smee, please make that crocodile go away.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 06:26:21 AM »
... It's also my birthday today. :O

I've got one up on you.  My birthday is December 1.

That's right, City of Heroes is scheduled to be taken down at precisely 3:00am Eastern (my local time zone) on my birthday.

Worst.  Birthday.  Ever.  My sister was planning on coming from out of town to visit.  I actually told her not to, because 1) I'm probably going to be up until after 3:00am Saturday morning, and 2) the last think I'm going to feel like doing is celebrating.  I don't know, maybe she could have helped to take my mind off of things, but to be honest, I'm going to probably need a day or two to feel miserable, vent, and gnash teeth before carrying on.

Scrier

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 11:33:41 AM »

That's right, City of Heroes is scheduled to be taken down at precisely 3:00am Eastern (my local time zone) on my birthday.

Worst.  Birthday.  Ever.  My sister was planning on coming from out of town to visit.  I actually told her not to, because 1) I'm probably going to be up until after 3:00am Saturday morning, and 2) the last think I'm going to feel like doing is celebrating.  I don't know, maybe she could have helped to take my mind off of things, but to be honest, I'm going to probably need a day or two to feel miserable, vent, and gnash teeth before carrying on.

I'm still planning birthday celebrations myself that evening. I'll just be ducking out at 6-7pm to stand with my brothers and sisters for the final hour. The announcement came a few weeks before my wedding and my birthday is December 3, so I kinda got hit at both ends. Not as exact a shot as yours though. It's a stinger.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:54:45 PM »
Tony,

Unplug, enjoy your birthday, and remember the battle isn't over. Just think how fun the big Reunion Party is gonna be.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 05:30:16 PM »
I'm also in the Early December Birthday club (Dec. 2nd).

I'm wishing for some good news as a birthday present, even though it's a longshot.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 09:17:59 PM »
Tony, sure, CoH is "closed" on your birthday, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy an anniversary of your day, an anniversary of your own life.

I think CoH will be going places after it's closure; but yes, be part of the group as we send it out of NCSoft's hands on the 1st, but also remember that your life is much more important.

Enjoy your birthday, you've done a great service to the whole community for getting this movement started. CoH will not die, it will just be removed from the company that disrespects it, and it's community.
- Omega Mk. V

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 09:23:13 PM »

I'll make you the requested poster to try and cheer you up :P
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

EClark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 09:31:14 PM »

Or you can view it as the day the last cord binding your hands to do what needs to be done is finally removed. There will be nothing to lose at that point. They will have done their worst, and you will be free to pursue those 'other options' on your list.
It will be the end of CoH, and perhaps the beginning of something greater.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Axonius

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »

Holy crap that would be depressing. Mothersucking mother of all downers...jesus really God...wtf. For everything that is a holy nut kick.

Happy Birthday.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 11:23:20 PM »
My Birthday was August 5th. A week and a half after I was "let go" from my job. Three and half weeks before Black Friday. 2 and a half months before the Arbitration for my unemployment benefits. This just hasn't been my 4 months.  :(

Still, it's not as bad as Tony has it. I feel for you man.  :'(

Still, celebrate what you have. Things could be worse you know.

Also, Dum Spiro Spero ;)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Daimyoshi

• Lieutenant
  • Shinobi
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 01:29:07 AM »

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »
Sorry to hear that, Tony - that truly is a downer... =/
(Early) Happy Birthday! And I hope you manage to find something to take your mind off CoH closure and have some fun that day nonetheless.