Author Topic: The best MMO community, ever?  (Read 4072 times)

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
Re: The best MMO community, ever?
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2012, 03:51:14 AM »
A little earlier today I was reminded of two examples of why our community was so great.

Taxibots.

Paragon City Search and Rescue.

During the earlier days of the game, there were players who would log in for the sole purpose of making the game easier for other players. The Taxibots, as the name implies, would use teleport to move players around hazardous zones, most notably the old Hollows. Taxibots would also work together to create a Pony Express network to move large groups quickly. As the game added more mobility options, the Taxis were needed less, but they are one of the great points of our history.

A group that often worked with them were the men and women (and huge) of the Paragon City Search and Rescue. These players would patrol the hazard zones healing and rezzing hereoes who bit off a bit more than they could chew. Again, a group of players who spent their play time making life easier for other players.

The old MMO stereotype of 'LRN to PLY N00B!' was rarely heard in the City. More often than not a call for help was answered with 'What do you need' or 'How can I help' Even on villain side.

Even today, there are very few other communities that are that open.

Jedi knights? 'LRN to PLY F2P N00B'

Federation Captains? 'LRN to PLY'

Champions? '...' I can never tell, I have to shut off chat out of mental self defense.

I will admit that I have found players in every game as great as the ones we have. But, unlike CoH, they are more the exception than the rule.

As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.