Author Topic: Any Faith the Game's Coming Back?  (Read 2314 times)

Corona89

• Minion
Any Faith the Game's Coming Back?
« on: January 13, 2016, 07:46:56 PM »
Hey all.

I was just wondering how much faith the playerbase has left in CoX's return.  I haven't seen any news from Missing Worlds Media in regards to the deal in a while.  It seems like they're putting all of their effort into City of Titans.  No knocks on them for doing so but I, for one, would rather see Paragon City return as I remember it.  City of Titans looks great so far but without the lore it just won't be our old home.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
Re: Any Faith the Game's Coming Back?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 09:57:06 PM »
Personally, yes, I've plenty of faith. Because of the NDA, no news is good news, for realz, because if the deal had fallen through, they'd be free to say so.  And since they haven't... need I say more?   :) 

In the meantime, we've been given back our home with Paragon Chat, a totally unexpected gift from Codewalker and his team, dedicated members of the CoH Community.   It feeld so good to explore the zones, fly through the city, and talk with other players.

As for the successor games, I'm looking forward to them as well.  I know they're being designed by people who loved CoH, and I'm excited to see what they offer when they're far enough along in development for playtesting.   

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 10:11:27 PM »
Personally, no.   

Just come here for the conversation, anymore.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 02:38:00 AM »
Hey all.

I was just wondering how much faith the playerbase has left in CoX's return.  I haven't seen any news from Missing Worlds Media in regards to the deal in a while.  It seems like they're putting all of their effort into City of Titans. 

Just want to note, again, Missing  Worlds Media is NOT the organization working to make a deal for the game. 

Nate Downs, who has a position with MWM is one of the people working on the effort -- he has confirmed that.  Since MWM is a volunteer organization consisting mostly of CoX fans it is hardly surprising that some MWM people are also involved with the effort to acquire the game but not all are and some who are not involved in MWM are also involved.  It's not Missing Worlds Media.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Brightfires

• Elite Boss
  • ... is *NOT* Groot
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 04:32:37 AM »
Honestly? As in "Having some amount of hope, really deep down in my heart-of-hearts, that NC will eventually sell it to someone and we'll have the game back up and running like we used to"?

Nope.
Not one single iota.
I don't think it's ever going to come back in the form we want.

What I *do* have a lot of hope for are the successor projects. That's where our future is, if we as a player community have one.
Taker of screenshots. Player of bird-things.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 06:03:43 AM »
We have two long, official threads about this. You're not a special snowflake :P use the space provided ;) There's a lot of us chatting in there, waiting patiently. Faith has nothing to do with this.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal