Community > Comics and Other Media

Jessica Jones Final Season

(1/3) > >>

Tenzhi:
Off to a dull start with episode one.  If it maintains this pace, this is going to be a tedious grind.

Mandu:
I've seen it through episode 5 so far. You would think they would have learned. Superheroes need supervillains, not just unethical lawyers or doctors or butchers or bakers or candlestick makers. Although other people keep falling all over themselves talking about how great Krysten Ritter and Jessica are they bore the crap out of me. Watching an alcoholic wandering around and bitching about how horrible life is just does nothing for me.

Spoiler for Hidden: Trish in the original Hellcat costume saying Hellno got a laugh out of me. It does show that what works on the page doesn't always work in reality.

Tenzhi:
I don't necessarily mind the bitter alcoholic routine, but in Jessica's case it never truly seems believable.  It feels more like ticking a box to try and sell a hard-bitten detective story, but then it fails to properly provide more than a few trappings of such a story. 

Dev7on:
Who's the guy that can detect bad guys? Is he in the comics?

eabrace:

--- Quote from: Dev7on on June 17, 2019, 08:29:30 PM ---Is he in the comics?

--- End quote ---
Short answer:  Yes.
Spoiler for Hidden: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/marvel/281737/jessica-jones-season-3-who-is-erik-gelden-comics-history

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version