Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7302485 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #27020 on: March 24, 2017, 12:23:21 AM »
Allow us to direct you to the last few pages of this very thread.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #27021 on: March 24, 2017, 12:43:44 AM »
Neither have crossed paths, despite my best efforts at a photo.

It must have been a fever dream. Maybe I saw you on Twitter trying to convince him to go there or something. Ah well, that's why I fact checked myself.

Golden Aurora

• Boss
« Reply #27022 on: March 24, 2017, 01:01:13 AM »
NO! I WANT TO HERE FROM NATE DOWNS AND TELL US IF THEY FAILED OR NOT I'M NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!

Nate said "it was always a remote chance anyways"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2205011305/permalink/10155148278276306/

Does that count? lol.

Surelle

« Reply #27023 on: March 24, 2017, 01:10:12 AM »
NO! I WANT TO HERE FROM NATE DOWNS AND TELL US IF THEY FAILED OR NOT I'M NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!

Hey, man, easy now.  Nate actually said the other day in a different Facebook post that he was only the one who introduced the interested party to NCSoft so that they could begin negotiations.  He also said he hadn't gotten an update from them in over a year.  However, between NCSoft using Statesman to hawk Nexon's new generic MOBA and Nate pretty much coming out and saying it was over on Facebook, I think it's time to put the capslock key away and start to accept the truth here.  There isn't going to be an official rez of CoH.  We're no worse off than ever, and have some faith in SCoRE, okay?  But....no more demands or capslocks, please. 

Mister Hassenpheffer

• Boss
    • 3D printouts?!
« Reply #27024 on: March 24, 2017, 01:47:39 AM »
What I'd like to know is what exactly did the playerbase do to NcSoft to piss them off so bad that it got to this point.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #27025 on: March 24, 2017, 02:11:34 AM »
What I'd like to know is what exactly did the playerbase do to NcSoft to piss them off so bad that it got to this point.

Nothing.  I don't even believe that they know the playerbase is upset or would care if they did.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27026 on: March 24, 2017, 02:31:56 AM »
I see you haven't had a chance to meet with the NCSOFT operations team.

I heard a story or two. 

Of course, I have a saying: not smart enough to do it right every time isn't automatically dumb enough to do it wrong every time.

Actually, now that I think about it, almost all of the professional rules I teach people are really just paraphrasing "never trust people" in different ways.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27027 on: March 24, 2017, 02:37:49 AM »
I heard a story or two. 

Of course, I have a saying: not smart enough to do it right every time isn't automatically dumb enough to do it wrong every time.

Actually, now that I think about it, almost all of the professional rules I teach people are really just paraphrasing "never trust people" in different ways.

Now listen, trust me on this, never trust anyone.

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #27028 on: March 24, 2017, 02:44:29 AM »
Now listen, trust me on this, never trust anyone.
Verify, then trust.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27029 on: March 24, 2017, 02:57:37 AM »

Hey, man, easy now.  Nate actually said the other day in a different Facebook post that he was only the one who introduced the interested party to NCSoft so that they could begin negotiations.  He also said he hadn't gotten an update from them in over a year.  However, between NCSoft using Statesman to hawk Nexon's new generic MOBA and Nate pretty much coming out and saying it was over on Facebook, I think it's time to put the capslock key away and start to accept the truth here.  There isn't going to be an official rez of CoH.  We're no worse off than ever, and have some faith in SCoRE, okay?  But....no more demands or capslocks, please.

Emotions are running a little high this week, sure.  But before the pitchforks come out...

Nate deserves a chance to clear the air.  And consider he may need SOME time to contact who he knows to see what the current situation is.  I am certain he's fully aware of how anxious we are on here for anything to either continue fighting for a sliver of hope, or to say "It's been real" and call "New Efforts" finished officially.  (It looks bleak, but keep in mind that no one on the Titan Network can say the talks are concluded without him.  The debate on how useful continued talks would be at this point, we can discuss that, of course.)

So, until then, I am asking to please keep the firebrand talk down.  If it looks like Nate has nothing, Codewalker will update "Wake Me When There's News!" accordingly as promised.  But even if that happens, that still says something if you think about it.

Carry on.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #27030 on: March 24, 2017, 06:27:46 AM »
Well poo. . .

Peer to peer sounds good to me. . . :D
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27031 on: March 24, 2017, 06:35:44 AM »
Very disappointing, but not unexpected.

About now I'm thinking the only chance of an official CoH return is if someone sympathetic buys NCSoft.  Something tells me a crowd fund wouldn't be sufficient.

I have always put my best faith in SCoRE.  But if someone were to release a copy of the server code out into the wild anonymously I would not shed bitter tears either.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27032 on: March 24, 2017, 12:09:50 PM »
Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney is actually spelled with the 'e' as well, despite the apparent typo on Paragon Wiki.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27033 on: March 24, 2017, 12:26:10 PM »

I've heard the issue may have been with the staff - not the players - but I've no idea why nor how true that might be...

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27034 on: March 24, 2017, 01:41:27 PM »

Maybe the letters, maybe the capes, maybe the posts on ncsoft social media properties over the years. The players will never let coh go until  coh returns or 1 maybe 2 successors survive and deemed worthy.

I still have a hard time thinking a corporation as malicious, but rather greedy, oblivious, forgetful, short-sighted...  it takes groups of people to make the worst decisions in life. 

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #27035 on: March 24, 2017, 04:08:52 PM »
Welp...I'm disappointed...but I won't rant and rave about this because it's just not worth the effort.  However...I can't see how the NDA would keep Nate or the negotiating team from coming on the board here and saying "It's over with...but we can't say why."

Makes me wonder if they haven't got something else cooking...

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27036 on: March 24, 2017, 05:00:54 PM »
Welp...I'm disappointed...but I won't rant and rave about this because it's just not worth the effort.  However...I can't see how the NDA would keep Nate or the negotiating team from coming on the board here and saying "It's over with...but we can't say why."

Makes me wonder if they haven't got something else cooking...
Maybe they managed to get the IP leased and NC being able to use it was part of the deal somehow?

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27037 on: March 24, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Manga

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27038 on: March 24, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »
Maybe they managed to get the IP leased and NC being able to use it was part of the deal somehow?

That would be funny - back when the FIRST deals were being negotiated with NCsoft, I asked if an IP leasing deal was being discussed alongside one for an outright sale.

Surelle

« Reply #27039 on: March 24, 2017, 06:16:38 PM »
 There's a new article on Massivelyop.com quoting the NCSoft gentleman who made the Statesman/Tyrant in MxM.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/03/24/ncsoft-rep-says-bringing-city-of-heroes-toons-to-master-x-master-was-his-passion-project/