Author Topic: Call To Action: Get the word out  (Read 125674 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Call To Action: Get the word out
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2012, 06:17:13 AM »
I would suggest having Save City of Heroes hashtag for twitter and try to get it trending.
Getting #savecoh trending would be interesting.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

DarthDelicious

• Underling
  • Mysterious Mike: "You point, I punch!"
    • DeeDee Productions
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2012, 06:19:58 AM »
Would it also help if we would contact journalists or someone that broadcasts news?
Now I'm in the Netherlands, so they won't bother here, but maybe in the US?
Check out my DeviantART page.
--Don't say everything you know, but do know everything you say.--

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2012, 06:31:16 AM »
I'm planning to do a youtube video appeal to the french gamer community, we have some famous broadcasters here (Le Joueur du grenier, Bob Lennon, diablox9), maybe some will hear and support us by spreading the word.
Yeeessss....

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:31 AM »
ive been doing my best in game and out of game to make sure where to direct all my friends to cause there are a few friends of mine that didnt even hear about the tragic news until about a day ago

ive been posting every available resource, petitions, forums, and what are the best places to try contacting to spread the news

SiphonWraith

• Underling
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2012, 10:09:34 AM »
Went to Change.org and signed all the petitions there. Only 4 petitions that I saw there, but signed all of them.  If anyone knows of any others, please send the info my way.

So far this one; NcSoft: Keep NCSoft from shutting down City of Heroes!- 9526 signed
                         NCSoft Corporation: Work with the player base to keep the City of Heroes servers running.- 439 signed
                         NCsoft Corp.: Open source the code for City of Heroes/Villains- 852 signed
                         NcSoft: Instead of Shuting down the MMO "City of Heroes" sell the rights and data !- 35 signed

Gonna get started on the letters to NCsoft. 
"Suppose you were an idiot, now suppose you were a member of Congress...but I repeat myself."
 - Mark Twain

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »
I don't have  a lot in the form of money but I do think of my self as decent photoshopper so I have made a face book banner for any one that wishes to use it.

http://fav.me/d5dim26
please feel free to visit my DA page Dl and use

SuperMeBlo0d

• Underling
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
I for one will stand for this fight ,, what i can do for this game to stay up and running .. This is the best game i have ever played and it would hurt me if a grand trasrue like this would just go offline  :gonk:

Haploid

• Underling
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
Tony

I'm a casual user but happy to help in any way I can - $$, spreading the word, a little legal research, you name it.  Will you be setting up a forum where we can see whatever courses of action have been decided?

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
Xenophage, that's an awesome banner. :)

I wonder if all of us could somehow put something like that along with links to this forum in our signature in the City of Heroes forum...at least to let others know we're here and fighting.

There is power in numbers.

I'm not that familiar with the code needed to add to my signature there, but I'd welcome something I could copy/paste there.

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »
Xenophage, that's an awesome banner. :)

I wonder if all of us could somehow put something like that along with links to this forum in our signature in the City of Heroes forum...at least to let others know we're here and fighting.

There is power in numbers.

I'm not that familiar with the code needed to add to my signature there, but I'd welcome something I could copy/paste there.

I have made a smaller version for forums go in to your profile under signature copy and paste this
Code: [Select]
[url= http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/board,134.0.html][img]http://www.deviantart.com/download/325051840/save_out_city_banner_small_for_forums_by_greenlantern24601-d5dizls.jpg[/img][/url]

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »
Thanks...and done. :)

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2012, 01:41:22 PM »
I've got my guild helping out with a support tweet, we're a big guild that's mostly dedicated to Planetside 2, but they supported my request to save city of heroes!

@ArchangelsPS2

I've also contacted Valve about this, I'm about to contact Square Enix also; since they saved True Crime: Hong Kong from death recently.

Trying my best to get the word out there!

Omega Mark V, out.
- Omega Mk. V

Angelus Animi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2012, 02:40:06 PM »

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2012, 03:27:33 PM »
when i was checking news sites i noticed that someone made a post on www.slashdot.org which included the "big" petition

link for reference: http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/08/31/2040222/ncsoft-closes-city-of-heroes-publisher-paragon-studios

Defcon Kid

• Minion
  • CoH Forever!
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2012, 04:03:52 PM »
I've been sent a reference published in a spanish website named "Zona MMORPG", but it was badly translated, in the sense that it looked like if this ending was due to a new Super Hero MMO, which is not, so I've posted there explaining the whole thing and adding the link to the petition, here you can see it, my post is under the name of "auraycapa", the spanish forum I've been devoted for years as Moderator alongside @Nando, Administrator, and @Drowen, also a moderator, grabbing information from Mids, Paragonwiki and Red Tomax and translating it into Spanish for those spanish players that couldn't understand English:

http://www.zonammorpg.com/2012/09/03/city-of-heroes-cierra-el-30-de-noviembre/

Defcon Kid, out
Spanish and proud Defianter. 31 50s and counting. Proud co-leader of Fuerza Letal, Liga de las Sombras, Legion del Fenix and Infernal Justice. Also a happy member of Gammaforce and D.O.A., and now spreading tentacles to the other side of the pond :)

Mariner

• Underling
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »
First let me say that I want to thank each and every one of you that has jumped on board to save our beloved community. You are all heroes for taking your own time away from real life to undergo this task.

Secondly, I'm in. I'll do what ever I can to help. I don't bring a lot to the table. I'm not rich if I was I would attempt to purchase the City of Heroes myselfand put Paragon Studios back to work. I'm not versed in tehcnology so I can't help there either.

I can sign petitions,write letters and give moral support.

Long Live City of Heroes!

Mariner 

psicotic

• Underling
    • Psicotic
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2012, 05:50:20 PM »
Im in and i help in whatever i can!
I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.

Juncyard

• Underling
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »

Pheadora

• Underling
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »
Just thought of a Canadian Video Game developer that has created games such as: Assassin Creed III.

Ubisoft

Not sure how or if they would be interested. Maybe they can be convinced  They are based out of Montreal.  Maybe a Canadian company can save the day!  lol!

I found this contact info on their website:  ubi.com

Technical Support

For technical support on Ubisoft games, visit the Support Section.
Phone: 1-866-824-6515

Address

Ubisoft Divertissements Inc.
Ubisoft Canada Inc.
5505, St-Laurent blvd, suite 5000
Montreal, Quebec
H2T 1S6

For media contact: presse@ubisoft.com

Anyways, this was just a thought.  May not be a good option but one never knows.

One of my favorite quotes from a fun movie:  Never Give Up!  Never Surrender!  at least not without a fight. 

Tammy

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
Anyone try contacting G4 TV? If they mention the petition it would give it a broader audience.
http://www.g4tv.com/
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter