Author Topic: Word-Spreading Event: Media Day  (Read 29312 times)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: Word-Spreading Event: Media Day
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2012, 03:57:15 PM »
The way Cog Con runs, they have a number of "slots" during which games and other events happen. In my experience, this is not dissimilar to how most conventions and conferences go.

Saturday, they have a slot at 9 am, 2 pm, and 7 pm. Each slot lasts 4 hours, with an hour between for food and such. Traditionally, they have a charity raffle with the drawing at 6 pm.

My thought is to try for the 9 am and 2 pm slots, with the 7 pm slot as an optional "if the guests are still interested" thing. That's very early for anybody coming in from St. Louis, obviously, though. I will be staying at a friend's house (my family lives in St. Louis, but I will be striving to get down to rolla before noon on Friday the 19th so I can help set up CogCon and set up the room).

The other thing I am considering is making it a 9 am "build characters, early bird runs" thing for media guests who want to get there early, or simply starting it at 10 with a 9 am early-bird trickle-in. We could then do a solid 2 pm slot with everybody ready to go, and keep with the optional 7 pm extension.

Tying this in with the virtual attendees, we'll need to find out what time zones our mentors and guests will be in. If they're in mountain or pacific time, they may well not want to even get started until 11 am CDT (9 am PDT), while East Coast participants might be fine with 10 am EDT (9 central).

Thanks for both the proof read and the research on transit logistics. Your suggestions on the content are VERY helpful, and I will comb through it again. I tend to write in the same way that I speak, so words do get re-used a fair bit, and the emphasis on community over game is definitely worthwhile.

I'm afk for the remainder of the day, but I will strive to get the edits done late tonight and up then. Feel free to try your own hand(s) at it if anybody wishes; my feelings will not be hurt. I realize we've got limited time to get this out. If we can get the "realignment" press release out today or tomorrow (and I know I'm asking a lot of volunteer people, but if somebody would take over that one I'd appreciate it), and this one out tomorrow or Monday, we should be in good shape.

Quote from: Quinch
Okay, not sure if this is the right thread to ask or not, but I wrote up an open letter to NCsoft kind of thing that I'm planning to mail off to as many directions as possible {I did send a copy to Extra Credits crew, but I'm not sure if I did it through the right channels or if they're going to respond so I'm going to wait a couple of days anyway}, so would anyone mind if I pasted it here for feedback and stuff? Also if I should send it ASAP or try and coordinate with another event?
Actually, I'm fine with whatever you wish to do. Coordinating it is awesome, but I can't do it right now.

If you and others in this thread and the realignment thread and the nuts thread can coordinate something, spectacular!

A big help to me and this press release effort would be if you'd put whatever media contact means you use to put your open letter out here, where I'm building a repository of good sites to contact for all of these efforts.

Meanwhile, I would be delighted if you posted it for our consumption. you MIGHT want to start your own thread, but posting it here as well won't hurt, I don't think. ^_^_v

Thanks again!

Quinch

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2012, 04:10:08 PM »
Well, I'll post it here and if someone thinks it warrants its own thread, I'll make another one. I already posted a thread asking about where I could I send it, so I don't wanna clog up the forum with threads on what's essentially the same topic. Also, I'd like to thank our resident writer for an editing pass.
---
To whom it may concern,

As you are aware by now, your decision to close down the City of Heroes franchise was met by nearly unanimously negative response. That kind of reaction is only to be expected, of course, and one that NCsoft has had plenty of experience weathering. What it apparently did not expect, if its behavior is anything to judge by, is how intense, far-ranging and most importantly, numerous the grief, pleading and yes, outrage over the announcement was.

One cannot pretend to understand why NCsoft would choose to close down another profitable franchise, at least not as an outside observer. Most likely, the only individuals who would be able to provide that answer are the ones who made the decision. Certainly nobody else saw it coming; not the players, especially considering the resurgence following the Freedom transition. Not the developers of Paragon Studios, who at the time of the announcement still had open job postings and ongoing projects months if not years into the future. In fact, the entire event is surrounded by a thoroughly confusing dissonance - one certainly cannot question the decisiveness and commitment with which NCsoft closed down the City of Heroes franchise. And yet, at the same time not only had a new paid powerset been deployed only ten days prior, but Issue 24 still sits in open beta, ready for deployment, to say nothing of the fact that it took a week to remove City of Heroes from the NCsoft homepage, or that that the Bio Armor powerset, scheduled for release with I24, became available on the in-game market afterwards. With that degree of conflicting developments, it is hard for one not to take away the impression of either an unplanned, knee-jerk reaction, or a strangely schizophrenic approach to leadership.

But regardless of the causes leading to the shutdown, the decision has been made and is long past the point of undoing. It is, perhaps, best that it remains undone. It would be selfish and inconsiderate of us, the players, to ask of you to continue supporting a franchise you no longer have interest in. And yet, there is a great degree of the same when one denies others the chance to take custody of it in their stead - to take what you have allowed to be built and let it grow and flourish, not only for our own enjoyment and pride, but as a continuing legacy of your own accomplishment. NCsoft certainly has the power to instead shutter City of Heroes completely, locking it away for good. Its memory will remain for a long time, however - eight years of history is not forgotten overnight. But given the tragic end it was given, that memory will by no stretch of imagination work to NCsoft's benefit.

You certainly took a great risk acquiring the City of Heroes IP from Cryptic and founding Paragon Studios. Doubly so, given how many of the game's developers departed not only to work on other games, but on a direct competitor. And whether your decision was made on faith or foresight, it paid off in spades. Content was added, past mistakes were undone, new areas, new powers, two entire expansions... Paragon's developers took the diamond in the rough and measured, cut and polished every facet with the kind of care that would make a jeweller proud. But most important of all, they developed us. Even before weekly streams, Q&A sessions and coffee talks, they talked to us and listened to us and played with us, not as masters, but as mentors. They offered us their attention and we gave it in return. It may sound like useless sentiment, until one considers that, just as much as the game itself, that kept us in City of Heroes, paying our subscriptions to NCsoft each month.

And yet, during that entire time Paragon's parent company remained uninvolved. The sense of family that pervaded the City of Heroes community was absent when NCsoft was mentioned. It was Paragon Studios' boss. Silent, distant, apart, unknown. As Paragon had flourished under its own direction, there was never a hint of acknowledgement of its success. Even so, the players, through their love for the game, benefited you. We were your customers, through the money we gave. We were your allies, spreading word of the game when Hosun Lee, Paragon's one-man marketing department, didn't have a penny to his name to advertise with. And with little more than a gesture, we could have been your friends.

Because, or perhaps despite that separation, is what we, your former players, feel toward NCsoft is betrayal. Not, again, because it lost interest in the game. Instead, because, by what is essentially giving the game that we too invested time, effort, emotions and yes, money for eight years a moonlight burial in the backyard, it is impossible to see it as showing us anything other than utter, dismissive contempt. NCsoft acts not even as a playground bully, but as a spoiled child that has grown bored and is taking his ball with him, no matter what anybody offers to pay him in return for the only way to keep playing their favorite game.

It is, perhaps, an innacurate impression. Brian Clayton, the manager of what's left of the studio says that you have dedicated an entire team to reading and sorting the emails and the packages sent to NCsoft in response to their deluge. It speaks, I believe, of both of us. Of the players, that such a team would be necessary to understand what drives us. And it speaks of NCsoft, that you would care enough to do so.

We are not a mob, to want nothing more than destruction or vengeance. We are not beggars. We do not ask for charity, that you would simply hand over years of investment on a whim. You may not even see us as equals, but that too is acceptable. What we ask is simply that you acknowledge us. If you give us a number, we will raise the amount. If you give us your terms, we will sit down with you, share a dinner and negotiate. And perhaps not even us - all things considered, it may very well better not be. But the most important thing of all, maybe even the only important one, is that the City of Heroes continues. In the hands of the players or not, it matters little, but ultimately in the hands of someone who will treat it with the faith and foresight you once showed.

It is not a decision to be made lightly, or quickly, but likely one that nevertheless should be made soon. Because with every passing day the hope that City of Heroes can be saved dwindles, yielding ground to anger instead, and thoughts turn away from saving City of Heroes to NCsoft, the killer of MMOs. It would be the latest body to be tossed onto the pile, but not by far the last and that is the thought that would plague the thoughts of your customers. "If a game can be killed on a moment's notice, no matter how successful, then when will the time come for mine? If all I have invested in a game will be pulled out from under me, and it's not a question of 'if', but 'when', then why begin at all?" And even without City of Heroes, it would hardly be without precedent. If it has happened before, it would happen again, and it will be a long time before the stain of Tabula Rasa on NCsoft's reputation fades into obscurity. It would hardly be a legacy worth being remembered by - first by fraud, then by vandalism. What would others think of it? What kind of toxic reputation would haunt NCsoft's name? Sincerity would not even matter anymore, if shutting down City of Heroes is something you believed you could not avoid.

And that, in the end, is what this letter is about. A reminder that when there is a pressing sense of urgency and that when one feels all options have been exhausted and the only thing to do is to take a confident leap forward, it is best to step back from the ledge and consider the consequences.

Sincerely,

Quinch
Six Year Veteran
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 07:02:43 PM by Quinch »

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2012, 04:24:34 PM »
Quinch, that is a damn fine letter - it tells a story, the chapters unfolding one after another, leading ultimately to a very heartfelt conclusion.

*thumbs up*

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »
Quinch,

Sorry about vanishing offline on you there...but I read the letter now...phew.

The letter is strong and powerful, it makes good points...but it is still a draft.  Offline publications usually have print limits...I.e. the amount of space alloted for an editorial, story, or ad.  In radio TV it is the time limits you have to watch.  (This commercial s a 30 second spot and it is supposed to play at 2pm)  I don't see those sorts of issues being as important for online venues as their main issuesv would be data capasity and bandwidth.

It rambles more then a bit, losing your fantastic phrasing in occasional fluff that just is not needed...which is the kind of thing I expect you will notice when writing the next draft :)

Grammer and punctuation is something I let others handle but I did notice at least one point where it appears you modifyied a sentance but left pieces of both of them in there the section on tabula rasa,please reread it carefully.  If we have one or more good venues for this I should go back to my letter so you can all show me the silly goofs...a writer who is their own editor tends to be as well advised as the doctor who is his o her own patient...lol
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Quinch

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2012, 07:04:17 PM »
Well, I wasn't planning to send it to offline publications - I don't think they'd have any interest in publishing it - but anybody wants to volunteer to cut it down to a more printable size, I'm all for it.

As for the rambling, it's a little necessary. Remember, it's an open letter - it needs to be readable and understandable by both NCsoft as well as everyone who's never even heard of CoH, thus reiterating a lot of things that NCsoft would already know. Some of it is for the sake of pacing, too, as overcompressing information can turn one off quickly, and some things are... subtext.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2012, 06:11:27 AM »
Very nice letter, Quinch. I had some hang-ups reading it, but I don't have any good suggestions for improvement. I'll look again after I've slept, just in case, but it's very effective, I think.

Here, before I bed down, is the next draft of the press release for this event. If I seem to have missed any suggested edits, please re-mention them. If there are new problems, let me know. I hope to have this ready for release VERY soon.

[size=14]Community of Heroes to NCSoft: Don't Destroy Our World[/size]

On August 31, 2012, Paragon Studios was abruptly closed to the complete surprise of its employees and management. Its signature product, the still-profitable City of Heroes, is scheduled to be permanently shut down on November 30, 2012. Since the announcement, the players of City of Heroes (CoH) have come together in a surprisingly active and vocal movement to try to convince NCSoft, the parent company which owns the rights to CoH and which terminated Paragon Studios without warning (citing a "realignment of focus" as the sole reason), to take action to preserve the extensive and involved community they have grown over the last eight years and have come to love.

Recognizing NCSoft's desire to be done supporting CoH is a legitimate choice for a South Korean business to make regarding a product popular primarily in the West, the players have held ongoing vigils on the servers wherein their characters hold aloft torches, have held rallies and marches to demonstrate their devotion, and have even bought a "thank you" dinner for the Paragon Studios developers, with the hopes that NCSoft will be convinced to allow the virtual world and its developers to continue in other hands, rather than destroying this valued source of family togetherness, meeting place for far-distant friends, and unique aid to bridging gaps of generation and understanding. Even such luminaries as Mercedes Lackey - noted science fiction and fantasy authoress - have come forward in support of this effort.

On October 20th, the players of City of Heroes are holding a charity Game-A-Thon to support Children's Miracle Network hospitals. Also on that date, they are inviting members of the press to come and join them in demonstrations of how characters are made, what the most exciting parts of the game are to them, and to answer questions both in word and in deed about why this community means so much to them. Though things look bleak for their City, these players of heroes (and 4-color supervillains) are determined to take on the never-say-die attitude of the genre they love, and offer to share their experiences - poignant and stirring and wholesome - with others before the servers go dark and they can do so no more.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2012, 12:36:19 AM »
Alright. I've sent out the "realignment" press release to several places. I need to finish polishing this other one for the Media Day, now. The goal here in finishing and sending out the realignment one first is to grab attention and interest, get the media buzzing about it so that the opportunity to "learn more" will be of more interest when we send out this one. But I want this one to include all relevant information.

Really, this post is a status update; all the usual "thanks" and "all suggestions welcome" apply, but nothing new in that regard.

I will also look into travel arrangements. I have made my own to fly to St. Louis; there is a small chance I can arrange a 12-seater van for moving people around Rolla, but I'd rather we had something a bit more reliable. I will look into listing hotels in the region if people like. I know the Drury Inn is a good quality one, but I have some friends who've stayed in the hotels in the area before, so I'll see what they suggest, too.

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2012, 01:40:05 AM »
"It is, perhaps, an innacurate impression."

Inaccurate.

I know, spelling quibbles, but it looks more professional without them. :)
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Quinch

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2012, 06:27:39 AM »
"It is, perhaps, an innacurate impression."

Inaccurate.

I know, spelling quibbles, but it looks more professional without them. :)

Whups. Fixed. Also ironic.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2012, 11:25:19 PM »
Just got an email from the organizer of CogCon. The relevant portion to those coming in from a distance is:

"The issue I see is that the rooms in the Havener Center often only have one data port enabled.  It costs $$ to have other enabled, and we don't have the $$ for that.

"Also, each computer must be registered on the network, so it must be registered to a student/staff or faculty member.

"Do you know a number of people willing to bring their computers and who can use the wireless?  Assuming you do, we should be able to allocate you a space, but it will be in the back as things look right now.  Like Missouri/Ozark or the like."

"It is looking like we will have quite a few people here playing Pathfinder, Warhammer 40K, Warmachine.   I know that I plan on playing Pathfinder all weekend."

"The other thing I notice reading the thread is that people may be looking at coming in from a distance.  That is a problem with Rolla, since the train does not come through - only freight and no passengers.  The nearest passenger depot is Jeff City.  Greyhound does stop in Rolla, but only once or twice a day.    The guy who said there was Amtrak within 30 miles of Rolla is not correct.   Also, the Amtrak in Jeff has a goofy schedule.  It is only used for the train between STL and KC.

We aren't dong the charity raffle this year.    We actually don't have the rooms until about 5pm on Friday this year - not all day on Friday."

So, for those wanting to come in, we'll need to arrange transport somehow to help out. I'm going to be driving one of my parents' cars in from St. Louis, myself, and I'm getting in very early on Friday. I really do appreciate all those who want to come in to help; I apologize for the fact that I don't have the funds to arrange for better group transit myself. If you can't make it, the virtual attendance is fine, too!

All that said, if people still want to come in, we should see what we can do about arranging car-pooling or Grayhound tickets. Also, hotel rooms.

The wireless isn't bad, but I need to double-check with Barb to see if that also requires registration. I think the public wireless does not require it, though.

I will be working with her to try to get some volunteers from amongst the students to bring a few computers in for the event.

All of that said, we also need to coordinate the virtual side of this! I will go back through this thread to find the posts on what sorts of voice programs we should have set up. Any suggestions are still, of course, welcome. We should also think about what sorts of "events" we want to showcase. Anybody who wants to give a virtual tour of their bases, or showing off some specific gameplay element, please step forward. Mentors, in particular, we should plan what it is we're going to show our guests.

I now need to go finish and pdf-ize the press release inviting said guests, or all of this is for naught. I will get it out tonight if it kills me!

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2012, 12:23:12 AM »
Last call for advice on this press release! I will make a .pdf out of it after giving people a chance to make sure I haven't made any faux pas.

And then I'll send it to the same places I sent the "realignment" release, and ask everybody to look into their own local papers, magazines, stations, etc. and send it to them!

Thanks!
======================

Community of Heroes to NCSoft: Don't Destroy Our World
Callback Contact: Cameron Johnson cameron.e.johnson@gmail.com

On August 31, 2012, Paragon Studios was abruptly closed to the complete surprise of its employees and management. Its signature product, the still-profitable City of Heroes, is scheduled to be permanently shut down on November 30, 2012. Since the announcement, the players of City of Heroes (CoH) have come together in a surprisingly active and vocal movement to try to convince NCSoft, the parent company which owns the rights to CoH and which terminated Paragon Studios without warning (citing a "realignment of focus" as the sole reason), to take action to preserve the extensive and involved community they have grown over the last eight years and have come to love.

Recognizing NCSoft's desire to be done supporting CoH is a legitimate choice for a South Korean business to make regarding a product popular primarily in the West, the players have held ongoing vigils on the servers wherein their characters hold aloft torches, have held rallies and marches to demonstrate their devotion, and have even bought a "thank you" dinner for the Paragon Studios developers, with the hopes that NCSoft will be convinced to allow the virtual world and its developers to continue in other hands, rather than destroying this valued source of family togetherness, meeting place for far-distant friends, and unique aid to bridging gaps of generation and understanding. Even such luminaries as Mercedes Lackey - noted science fiction and fantasy authoress - have come forward in support of this effort.

On October 20th, the players of City of Heroes are holding a charity Game-A-Thon to support Children's Miracle Network hospitals. Also on that date, they are inviting members of the press to come and join them in demonstrations of how characters are made, what the most exciting parts of the game are to them, and to answer questions both in word and in deed about why this community means so much to them. The precedent of heroes and the press working together in metropolitan areas makes the Rolla, Missouri headquarters of this meeting somewhat ironic, but for those who cannot attend in person, the beauty of an online world is that practically full access can be achieved via the internet, and members of the press are invited to join by whatever means most will sate their curiosity best.

Though things look bleak for their City, these players of heroes (and 4-color supervillains) are determined to take on the never-say-die attitude of the genre they love, and offer to share their experiences - poignant and stirring and wholesome - with others before the servers go dark and they can do so no more.

Olantern

• Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 02:03:51 AM »
I teach writing and do a fair amount of critiquing professional writing, so I'll give the same feedback I'd give to a student who had written the same piece.

On the whole, this looks good.  Most of the sentences are digestable, the tone is just right, and it hits all the relevant and interesting facts.  I particularly like the use of phrases set off with dashes.

I suggest making it clear in the first paragraph that CoH is a multiplayer, online game about superheroes.  This could be done in the space of a single sentence or even an appositive phrase.

The second paragraph needs work; that first sentence just has too many ideas going on.  It needs to be broken up into multiple sentences.  I'll give it a try here ...

"Players have held ongoing vigils on the servers wherein their characters hold aloft torches, have held rallies and marches to demonstrate their devotion, and have even bought a "thank you" dinner for the Paragon Studios developers.  Players recognize NCSoft's desire to cease supporting CoH as a legitimate choice for a South Korean business to make regarding a product popular primarily in the West.  However, they seek to convince NCSoft to allow the virtual world and its development to continue in other hands.  They hope to prevent the destruction of this valued source of family togetherness, meeting place for far-distant friends, and unique aid to bridging gaps of generation and understanding. Even such luminaries as Mercedes Lackey - noted science fiction and fantasy authoress and CoH player - have come forward in support of the players' effort."

I hope that helps.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »
i don't know if i mentioned this yet but if you send someone your files from the coh folder on your hard drive and they copy them to the same location on their computer it will force patch the game. We can set up a torrent file or just send on skype.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2012, 02:56:56 AM »
I've stolen Olantern's rewrite of the second paragraph wholesale, as I cannot improve upon it and it is definitely punchier. I also added a parenthetical detailing what he suggested about the nature of CoH. Here it is:

Community of Heroes to NCSoft: Don't Destroy Our World
Callback Contact: Cameron Johnson cameron.e.johnson@gmail.com
On August 31, 2012, Paragon Studios was abruptly closed to the complete surprise of its employees and management. Its signature product, the still-profitable City of Heroes (a multiplayer online game about super-powered heroes), is scheduled to be permanently shut down on November 30, 2012. Since the announcement, the players of City of Heroes (CoH) have come together in a surprisingly active and vocal movement to try to convince NCSoft, the parent company which owns the rights to CoH and which terminated Paragon Studios without warning (citing a "realignment of focus" as the sole reason), to take action to preserve the extensive and involved community they have grown over the last eight years and have come to love.
Players have held ongoing vigils on the servers wherein their characters hold aloft torches, have held rallies and marches to demonstrate their devotion, and have even bought a "thank you" dinner for the Paragon Studios developers.  Players recognize NCSoft's desire to cease supporting CoH as a legitimate choice for a South Korean business to make regarding a product popular primarily in the West.  However, they seek to convince NCSoft to allow the virtual world and its development to continue in other hands.  They hope to prevent the destruction of this valued source of family togetherness, meeting place for far-distant friends, and unique aid to bridging gaps of generation and understanding. Even such luminaries as Mercedes Lackey - noted science fiction and fantasy authoress and CoH player - have come forward in support of the players' effort.
On October 20th, the players of City of Heroes are holding a charity Game-A-Thon to support Children's Miracle Network hospitals. Also on that date, they are inviting members of the press to come and join them in demonstrations of how characters are made, what the most exciting parts of the game are to them, and to answer questions both in word and in deed about why this community means so much to them. The precedent of heroes and the press working together in metropolitan areas makes the Rolla, Missouri headquarters of this meeting somewhat ironic, but for those who cannot attend in person, the beauty of an online world is that practically full access can be achieved via the internet, and members of the press are invited to join by whatever means most will sate their curiosity best.
Though things look bleak for their City, these players of heroes (and 4-color supervillains) are determined to take on the never-say-die attitude of the genre they love, and offer to share their experiences - poignant and stirring and wholesome - with others before the servers go dark and they can do so no more.

I am going to put this into a pdf right after posting this, and begin getting ready to send it to the various news sites to which I sent the other one yesterday. I will check back here after posting a copy to my web space but before sending it out just to be sure there are no more comments.

Moonyfire101, thanks for that information. We almost certainly will follow your advice to make sure we have a streamlined place for our guests to acquire the game if they don't show up in person to physically borrow a computer with it on it.

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 03:23:54 AM »
Alright, here's the link to the .pdf: http://stormlord.us/Community%20of%20Heroes%20to%20NCSoft.pdf

I'm going to start sending it out, though I may have to call it quits early, unfortunately. Please, anybody who wants to, send it to any news organization you can think of. I'll send it to the ones I sent the other to either tonight or tomorrow morning if I don't see anybody else reporting they have, but that's still a relatively small number. Let's use our grass roots numbers to our advantage!

Segev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 03:51:44 AM »
Submissions made to CBS weekly and evening news, to ABC's "News Specials," to MSNBC, to Fox News, and to both the Colbert Report and The Daily Show. As well as one local paper in Missouri. I'm off to bed now; with the first few out, I feel a lot better. Still, if anybody has contacts, connections, or just a local news outlet they can think of to send this to, please do so!

I'm looking forward to hearing back from some of these news folks. ^_^_x

(that's crossing fingers, in case it wasn't obvious. ^^; )

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 10:27:50 AM »
I sent this to: Lorehound.com, Gamesmaster Magazine, Total PC gaming, SFX, Gamingdaily.co.uk, Eurogamer, Inc Gamers, Geek Mom, Gamen Guide, TenTon Hammer, Korean Herald, EGM Magazine, Games Magazine, WGE Magazine, Edge Magazine, MMO Gamer, thirteen1.com, MMO site, gamespot, The Guardian, BBC Click, Korean Times, Seoul times, VG today and IGN wire.

(Basically, the people I'd found who had ran the NC Soft statement without a response from  us, and a few people I thought should've covered us, but haven't yet, and some english language South Korean newspapers.)

--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Quinch

« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »
I sent this to: Lorehound.com, Gamesmaster Magazine, Total PC gaming, SFX, Gamingdaily.co.uk, Eurogamer, Inc Gamers, Geek Mom, Gamen Guide, TenTon Hammer, Korean Herald, EGM Magazine, Games Magazine, WGE Magazine, Edge Magazine, MMO Gamer, thirteen1.com, MMO site, gamespot, The Guardian, BBC Click, Korean Times, Seoul times, VG today and IGN wire.

(Basically, the people I'd found who had ran the NC Soft statement without a response from  us, and a few people I thought should've covered us, but haven't yet, and some english language South Korean newspapers.)

-wonders if he should send his open letter to the sites from this list he hasn't yet, or if it's too late now-

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2012, 11:14:25 AM »
It can't hurt! I'll send you the email addresses I have over PM, if you'd like?
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Quinch

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
Sure, hit me. I guess it's not over until one of them publishes it.