Author Topic: Screenies  (Read 2839 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Screenies
« on: August 28, 2013, 12:59:35 PM »
For months now I can only do screenies if I do a /screenshot_ui. Any other variation won't work.

Any tips?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
Re: Screenies
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 01:04:52 PM »
Bind it to a key so you don't have to type it out?
Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:08:57 PM »
: P lol

I'm trying to do screenies without the UI is my prob but thanks for that tip...

When I try to do a screenie without the ui all I get is a black screen.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:42:07 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 05:18:45 PM »
you have to go to the video options and switch the game from Full Screen mode to Windowed mode. now obviously you'll still get the UI and all that, but that's how to do screenshots with the PRNTSCRN key on your keyboard.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 06:33:35 PM »
Yeah, unfortunately it's something about how Windows and the graphics card play together.  I have the same issue with Icon, Mechwarrior Online, and (if I recall corectly) DDO.  Running the games in full screen I don't get anything but a black screen on the clipboard with the Print Screen key.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 07:20:00 PM »
In-game, a /screenshot_jpg command should give you a screenshot minus the UI no matter what mode you're in. Print Screen is also the default hotkey, in-game, for taking a screenshot with no UI.

I went in game just now to have someone check this because it has been some months since this has worked for me. I normally play in window's maximized mode and so are they and yeah, they got a screenie minus the ui (both ways). I get a screen full of black.

Some Faves:

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 03:41:31 AM »
I use Fraps to take screenshots.  I can bind my screenshot key to whatever I want, as well as changing the hide UI button to something of my choosing.  And finally I run the game in fullscreen mode.  But Fraps is great, I can easily change my screenshot directory on the fly as well.
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 04:49:33 AM »
you have to go to the video options and switch the game from Full Screen mode to Windowed mode. now obviously you'll still get the UI and all that, but that's how to do screenshots with the PRNTSCRN key on your keyboard.

Odd...I run in Full Screen all the time and the Print Screen button works fine. Unless something changed in the past week or so.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 10:22:29 AM »
I think it's the OS. I was running Windows XP when the servers went down for the last time, and printscreen worked fine in fullscreen during demos. But now I'm running Windows 7 and it just gives me that black screen unless running it windowed.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 03:26:36 PM »
Tried turning off desktop composition?
Spess

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 04:26:02 PM »
Tried turning off desktop composition?

Ok I tried it. No luck, oh well. I'll live with it. Thanks anyways guys.

Some Faves:

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 04:51:09 PM »
I think it's the OS. I was running Windows XP when the servers went down for the last time, and printscreen worked fine in fullscreen during demos. But now I'm running Windows 7 and it just gives me that black screen unless running it windowed.
Yeah, there's a lot to this. XP and vista/7/8 have wildly different graphics handlers because of the way they implement transparency starting in vista (aeroglass)
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »
I still have my old i23 install, and put i24 in a new location.   if I fire up i23, I have all my keybinds.  If I fire up i24, I have to do everything by hand in the chat window.

I'm guessing it's based off the Installation Directory setting in your registry, under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH

Don't know for sure, though.

Brou

• Elite Boss
  • Inspector of Tasties
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 10:21:43 PM »
The only other idea I have is allowing another program like FRAPS, Afterburner, or STEAM to get the screenshot.
Spess

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 03:20:48 AM »
I still have my old i23 install, and put i24 in a new location.   if I fire up i23, I have all my keybinds.  If I fire up i24, I have to do everything by hand in the chat window.

I'm guessing it's based off the Installation Directory setting in your registry, under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\CoH

Don't know for sure, though.

Default keybinds are in a text file in the game folder, I think. Try grabbing the one from your I23 folder and dropping it into the I24 one.