Author Topic: Reality check  (Read 1216 times)

larellei

• Underling
Reality check
« on: December 01, 2012, 04:32:52 PM »
Greetings all, new user here, though I've been keeping up with the efforts as best I can. I'd like someone to check me on this, but...

I tried logging in today in a fit of pique, and upon launch it looks like it updated my CoH client (I wouldn't let it restart) and the login page has new items on it. Also, from the goodbye notice on the launcher, all the servers still show up and running, with just the login server disabled.

I'm a DBA via the server admin route, and when I decommission things, I pop a hammy in the haste to get it off the network. Gotta wonder if everyone who cares about it just walked on out for drinks after the shutdown or if there's possibly some meaning to read into it. Hoping the latter, expecting the former.

Surelle

Re: Reality check
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »
Greetings all, new user here, though I've been keeping up with the efforts as best I can. I'd like someone to check me on this, but...

I tried logging in today in a fit of pique, and upon launch it looks like it updated my CoH client (I wouldn't let it restart) and the login page has new items on it. Also, from the goodbye notice on the launcher, all the servers still show up and running, with just the login server disabled.

I'm a DBA via the server admin route, and when I decommission things, I pop a hammy in the haste to get it off the network. Gotta wonder if everyone who cares about it just walked on out for drinks after the shutdown or if there's possibly some meaning to read into it. Hoping the latter, expecting the former.

Apparently they came back from their drinking binges and took all the servers down, because when you click on "servers" now, the rest of the page below stays blank.

But it was a fun thought while it lasted.  :P