Author Topic: Nice Sale  (Read 1411 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Nice Sale
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:13:19 PM »
That's a pretty nice sale going on right now. 15% off on Zen is always nice - especially when in combo with a Z-Store sale.

I've been bummed out lately due to my video card going out and the price of Zen bought with Q has been uninspiring too. Haven't sold any Q for months. That dodge/crit nerf wasn't pleasant, either.

This a pretty good sale going on now. Something for about everyone. *clap*

Makes me feel caught up almost, even. Just need to unload some Q to take advantage and I'm not being super stingy.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
Re: Nice Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 03:27:19 AM »
I had some Zen stockpiled, so I bought the Savage archetype. I don't have a free character slot, so I'll need to buy more in order to try out the Savage. But, no hurry.

Over the weekend, I plan to grind for Questionite, convert it to Zen, and buy more on-sale stuff--for free. Maybe a costume set? Or the Super-Magnifier?

Edit: I managed to grind Questionite and exchange for Zen enough to buy the Master archetype. I have a new character concept in mind to try it out, just need to buy two additional character slots.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:06:17 PM by Todogut »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 05:26:21 AM »
Finally got over having to sell Q for 230 per Zen and after just logging on I see I now need to get over selling it for 330 per Zen. I've got over 400k of Q sitting in the Q Exchange but I'd rather not just give it away.

Ah well. My loss. I shoulda dumped it sooner.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 08:53:46 AM »
If you're dumping Zen into the store, the 10-use Team Transporter is a nice buy.  It's actually bugged so that it's essentially a perma device.

And it'll pull your teammates pretty much FROM anywhere TO anywhere (we've gotten lowbies into the high level Vibora Bay Apocalypse).

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 10:31:35 AM »
I now need to get over selling it for 330 per Zen.

Yeah, it is sad to note that the Questionite I am exchanging today buys 1/3 of what it could have bought yesterday.  :(

Makes me wonder, are we really seeing the free market at work? Or could it be that the exchange rate is being manipulated by the developers? Artificially increasing the exchange rate during the weekend sale could decrease the amount of Zen that players can acquire "for free", thus encouraging more cash purchases.

Hyperstrike

• Elite Boss
  • SaveCoH!
    • So Super It Hurts
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »
No.  The main problem is that NC/PWE has chased so many people away from the game that there isn't anything close to a healthy exchange anymore.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »
Well I think it's simpler than market manipulation in this case. Seems more like supply and demand.

If you notice, whenever there is a situation like now where everyone wants Zen, there is a huge amount of Q dumped on the market because everyone wants to buy Zen so they can buy whatever else they want at the Z-store. For example I've been hoarding my Zen for months because I didn't want to take a loss but now that this sale is on, I've dumped my 400+k of Q on the market.

This is a pretty huge price jump we're seeing @ 330 Q per Zen, biggest by far that I've seen in the past year since I started playing, but it's also a fairly huge sale.

Now. What drove the longtime 'normal' selling price of Q to 230 from 200, I dunno. Then again, it's often a mystery to me how Zen keeps getting pumped into the market when there doesn't seem to be a lot of (any?) new stuff to buy with Q.

It does seem like there are less people playing lately. I've been seeing less of the things I normally buy/sell for sale in the Auction Exchange lately.

It's understandable. I've had my own probs with my video card woes and other stuff so that could be the root of *my* problem, but, I do feel less compelled to log on lately with my best guy nerfed, my Eruption (device chaining..) dream/goal poofed,  and a large portion of my play - my farming routine, feeling kinda poopied on since some months now.

I understand the changes being made and can agree with them to varying degrees - just am not enjoying them atm.

>>

On the subject of (slowly or otherwise) ruining the value of Q. If the goal is to motivate us to spend more cash in the Z-store, it is backfiring in my case. Any notion I had of spending cash in the Z-store instantly evaporated at the sight of 330Q Zen. The trend of Q being devalued these past months isn't motivating me to play/pay more either.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:20:04 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 09:33:38 PM »
Half price AT's and FF's and 20% off costume pieces and 15% off of Zen via nearly every or every of the multitude of purchasing options, is as good as it gets as far as what I've seen so far.

Sooo... Didn't wanna leave off on a down note.

Even when taking a big hit when exchanging Q for Z (which I've yet to accomplish but I'm not giving up until I have to tomorrow), this is still a pretty good sale.

>>

Q Sold. FF slot bought. Thanks sales guys. Half price FF slots ftw.

Those half price AT's are tempting..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:27:07 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 06:21:39 AM »
Why would you buy an AT when you have freeform slots?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:48 AM »
There's some AT's I'd like to try and 575 zen is pretty cheap.

I don't have any free slots other than the new FF one but I'd almost be willing to delete my Inferno rather than buy 2 more slots. I'm going to make a FF version eventually and the AT version just kinda sucks compared to what it could be.
Some Faves: