Author Topic: Titan Cube: Simultaneous Four Day Level 550 Hroes  (Read 3066 times)

pikabko1000

• Underling
Titan Cube: Simultaneous Four Day Level 550 Hroes
« on: January 06, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »
Hi Titan. L ike to do this request. if your people done this. then I get so frustrated that I cannot get my own privet server in my hard drive that is installed in my computer/
and cannot log on to the COH. The custume design is done and its ready to get started. I got a error saying the server is busy try again later.
can you please go all the way I very much like to get City of Heroes run off line.
what to do about PVP zones. something like installing Elete Bosses to take over the PVP problem
other problem Fighting giant mosters solo. like the one in Indipendance Port the GIANT OCTOPUS I like to take i t out solo. hwever my toon got to ge level 550  and using
553 level Enhancements to able to do that much work. level 50 dose not work solo. beleave me I tryed like a ediot trying to take out a monster solo. so I can study what went wrong and what I think of to try to get a idea started. how about unlimtied level ups?

First thing is get all the updates and patches on a Disc. DVD or CD's oh that contains the off line mod for City of Heroes Freedom. I do not have City of Heroes Freedom in DVD disc.
I got everyhing elese. the last version City of Heroes Going Rouge. after installing that disc it goes to the NC Soft Lancher. then cannot launch COH beucase first thing is first.
the masive download of updates and patches. it will start. however there is a big huge sets of problems.
1)NCS SOFT KILLED COH SERVERS
2)No updates and patches to download.
so any eway to keep it simple a full City of Heores  Freedom with all its updates patches and mod on a DVD disc.

then install it. forget about the NC SOft Lancher. hit the City of Hroes Icone then start it.
log on to the privet server its in the hard drive.  have a list of empty toon slots. choose one or create one. unlimited toon selection.
create one then start it.
I want to go back on to COH off line. its fater going this then spend the millions of dollars to take on NC SOFT at Suprime Court.
please help me out/. I like the mod that was done fixed please
PLEASE \
PLEASE
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:40:54 AM by Codewalker »

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Titan Cube: Simultaneous Four Day Level 550 Hroes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 06:41:15 PM »
What?

pikabko1000

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:44:13 PM »
http://www.savecoh.com/p/download-issue-24-beta.html
 its oh man cool ideas that are cut short. So close and yet so far
please lets fix it
these are the problems
1) cannot start city of Heroes icone. I like to get rid of the NCLANCHER.
2)I need a prvet server I notice when the server name is UNKNOWN
 I lke to create or choose a toon that is in there. then start the game off line
if people had done so much work trying to do this mod. then unable to play COH
the hole point is to play COH off line.

there are a few bugs
like there is no City of Heroes Freedom with all the data and the updates and patches.
 right right. install the older discs. like the COH Going Rouge discs. then do the masive downloads
instead of doing the downloads. have it on a disc.
I am willing to pay for that.
 first thing is first get COH Freedom discs with all its updates and patches and mod
on a discs
uninstall the NC Soft lancher
then install the discs
click on the COH icone
 sign in
pick the unknown server
go though the list of toon selection pick one that is done or create a toon
once one or the other is selected
then start enjoy life

then unlimted level ups. after all got to kill off monsters solo. like example at Independance Port
there is a GIANT OCTOPUS. I like to take it on. level 50 is not enough. got to be at level 550 and using level 553 level Enhancements

then whats next bug
 PVP zones
there is no PVP solo, how about doing using elete Bosses to use as PVP Kills

whats next
 Rikti Raids start it solo. thats why livel 550 with level 553 enahcnemts are so important idea
becuase there is no masive teams to get this done.

Pocket D special missions. solo.

I like to create a SG base.

oh the big deal is get my old game saves. get my old toons back,. get my old SG bases back
from NC soft. can some one help me out getting that back.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 07:16:40 PM »
Hey Pikabko, I've gotten your messages, and believe me, we are very aware of how badly everyone wants to play City of Heroes again.  The whole point of the SaveCoH community is to make that a reality.  There are a lot of people who are working very hard to make that a reality, including teams who are working on reverse engineering the server to enable former players to play offline.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just deciding that's what we want to do.  There's a lot of time and effort involved in making it happen.  The reverse engineering teams will provide the effort, but we need everyone else to provide the time.  :)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:49:46 PM »
Hi Titan. L ike to do this request. if your people done this. then I get so frustrated that I cannot get my own privet server in my hard drive that is installed in my computer
Unfortunately, you have to realize that, no denigration of Codewalker's work, the effort put into Icon working is nothing compared to the level of effort required to bring City of Heroes servers up in a manner that would allow people to play the game again.  To put it simply, Icon works because the client could always do this: Codewalker eliminated barriers that prevented it from working, he didn't recreate the costume editor.  That's why you still need the game client to make it work: Icon "unlocks" the costume editor, it doesn't implement one.

To put it another way, the difference between Icon and making functional servers is the difference between releasing the parking brake on a car to make it go and building a car from scratch.

The links you found are specifically to allow people to download the client so that they can either play back demorecords they may have captured from the game before shutdown or to run Icon, which will allow players to explore the character creator again.  Both of these things are things the game client can do all on its own without servers.  But running the game requires game servers, and none of that functionality exists within the parts of the game we currently have.  They would have to be written from scratch, not just "unlocked" somehow.  That's *thousands* of hours of work involved, if not tens of thousands of hours.

pikabko1000

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 12:06:31 AM »
http://repo.cohtitan.com/icon/icon.exe

reguarding this download. why can we simply play the off line and be done with it? whats the point of doing a off line custume design if I cannot make use of it?
I am sick of NC SOFT. NC SOFT DOSE NOT WNAT ANYTHING TO DO WITH COH! COH IS OUR GAME. I WANT MY RIGHTS TO USE WHAT I HAD PAID FOR.  SAME GOES TO YOUR PEPOPLE AS WELL. ITS  YOUR RIGHTS! OITS YOUR GAME TOO!. I THINK WE SHOULD STAND UP FOR IT RIGHT! F#CK NCSOFT WE DO NOT NEED THEM
I need a City of Hoeres Freedom with all the updates and the patches and the mod for off line game play. Click on COH.exe file. before starting game unintall the nclauncher

I LOVE THE GRAPHICS
I LOVE CREATING SG BASE
I LOVE CREATING MISSIONS AT THE AE BUILDING
MAN ITS THE PRIDE OF DOING EVERYHING
COME ON! BUILD SG BASES? WHATS THE POINT OF BUILDING IT IF I CANNOT KEEP IT? I PAID FOR IT OR THEM!
IS THERE A BETTERWAY TO UPGRADE THIS MOD. LETS GO ALL THE WAY
CLICK ON COH.EXE. CLICK ON UNKNOWN SERVER SLECT A TOON OR CREATE A NEW ONE. THEN START THE GAME OFF LINE BE DONE WITH IT.
RIGHT! AFTER ALL WE GONE THIS FAR. LETS PUSH ON.
PLEASE
GOT ANY QIESTIONS
I GOT IDEAS OT SOLVE PVP OFF LINE ZONES. USE ELETE BOSSES

oh my internet is dropping out. its got suspened. due to Oceanic Cables black market scams. i am trying to get a new ISP internet Service Provider asap
 one the 8th of Janary the service will die. i wil ltry to make a arangements to get a new ISP  ASAP. i placed in a application.
i try to call them up after work on Monday. so is my phone service will be cut off. no internet the phone will not work. it will still continue to take messages.
i cannot get access to it untill I get a new ISP. untill then you can think about with the mod go all the way.
now if there is a leagle action against it from NC SOFT. deail with it in court.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:11:44 AM »
Calm down, kid. Your English: not comprehensible. You do not understand: Technology.
reguarding this download. why can we simply play the off line and be done with it?
Is being worked on. NEEDS TIME.
whats the point of doing a off line custume design if I cannot make use of it?
Making costumes. For some people, this: 80% of the game.
Also: Can make costumes for demos.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 12:13:28 AM »
Pikabko.

We all understand you love the game. We wanna play too, all of Titan Network does.

We can't just open COH.exe and play. It will probably take a year or so, to get to play it again.

Deeply sorry you can not make your SG bases or AE missions right now.
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 12:28:13 AM »
He's either a young kid or not very good at English language - possibly both - and rather clueless about computers. Could be an elderly person rather than a kid, but I somehow doubt it.
My advice is to use short sentences when talking to him; terse Rikti speak actually goes better through Google Translate than normal sentences.

The alternative, of course, is some kind of troll. His posts read a lot like the Time Cube website to me.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 12:32:27 AM »

This is the second incomprehensible rant (being generous; I'm considering all three of these posts as one piece) you've posted to these forums. I suggest reading up on the efforts here at Titan before spewing this bile all over the place again. Further incomprehensible rants will be removed instead of locked.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 12:34:51 AM »
But......

How can you argue with that impeccable logic?