Author Topic: NCSoft Stockwatch  (Read 727365 times)

Kosmos

• Lieutenant
Re: NCSoft Stockwatch
« Reply #1740 on: February 19, 2013, 11:22:49 PM »
Oh, I wasn't dismissing the possibility that he was in South America, was just saying his name sounds Italian. Wondered if that's his origin. I had never heard anything in regards to his location myself.

It's estimated that about 60% of all Argentinians have some Italian ancestry. From the late 1850s until the late 1950s Italy, not Spain, was the primary source of Argentine immigrants.

Blue Pulsar

• Boss
  • Epic Mediocrity
« Reply #1741 on: February 20, 2013, 04:10:23 AM »
Okay, who hit the derailleur lever?
Blue Pulsar - 50 nrg/kin def - first toon - Liberty
Bane of Lanur - 52 nec/dark MM - Main vill - Liberty
Destan H. - 53 SS/FA brute - Farm/PvP hybrid - Freedom
Destan's Fury - 53 StJ/Regen brute - PvPer - Freedom
Destan's Shadow Gang - 53 Thug/Dark MM - PvPer - Freedom

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1742 on: February 20, 2013, 04:32:47 AM »
Okay, who hit the derailleur lever?

Honestly? I think this is the unofficial "off the rails" thread. See, if they allow derails more than usual here, it helps prevent them everywhere else. I mean sure, it still happens a bit... but just imagine if this thread wasn't anchoring down the rest of the forums. It'd be chaos. Total anarchy! Cats and dogs living together! Game over, man!

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #1743 on: February 20, 2013, 04:46:07 AM »
Well the stock is up for the last few days.  Right now it's up 12% from it's 52 week interday low, over 9% from it's 52 week end of day low.

It's not surprising the "cheerleaders" aren't rah-rahing it up.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Kosmos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1744 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:23 AM »
Well the stock is up for the last few days.  Right now it's up 12% from it's 52 week interday low, over 9% from it's 52 week end of day low.

And worse... I see no reason to believe that will change any time soon. Some other thread is going to have to pick up the slack.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1745 on: February 20, 2013, 06:34:13 AM »
Honestly? I think this is the unofficial "off the rails" thread. See, if they allow derails more than usual here, it helps prevent them everywhere else. I mean sure, it still happens a bit... but just imagine if this thread wasn't anchoring down the rest of the forums. It'd be chaos. Total anarchy! Cats and dogs living together! Game over, man!
Nice mix of movie quotes. :)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Xieveral

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Boss
« Reply #1746 on: February 20, 2013, 06:45:40 AM »

Why would they?

Spirits already seem pretty low around here lately, why bring it down further by pointing out how well NCSoft is doing this week?

Even if the numbers or our actions have little effect on their bottom line it makes people feel better to see things not going perfectly for NCSoft. Such things keep people motivated. The last thing we want to happen here is for people to start thinking "why bother".
?RSN = CKN(CRS.ROD)

RSN = GLR(EMP.MCL)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #1747 on: February 20, 2013, 08:00:58 AM »
Why would they?

Spirits already seem pretty low around here lately, why bring it down further by pointing out how well NCSoft is doing this week?

Even if the numbers or our actions have little effect on their bottom line it makes people feel better to see things not going perfectly for NCSoft. Such things keep people motivated. The last thing we want to happen here is for people to start thinking "why bother".

But that's my point.  Rooting for the stock price to go down or believing that the low price somehow hurts them is simply wrongheaded.  NCsoft stock was riding an overinflated bubble that burst in Oct 2011 and has been deflating over time with the occasional steep drops coinciding with quarterly reports.  As of right now I believe the enough air has been let out of the stock price so it is now more representative to the company's actual financial condition.  The next big event is B&S and/or GW2 introduction to China and the rest of Asia, and in the case of B&S the west as well.  That is where they are expecting sales growth to be. 

We would need to see news like a reissue of 2012 numbers to take into account something bad they forgot for the investors to panic once again.  I think all the analysts have finally finished adjusting their estimates for the upcoming quarters and year for now so it's unlikely we'll see any news from them that could cause a sell off.

So I expect to see the stock meander in the 130-150K range for a while.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:06:19 AM by FatherXmas »
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1748 on: February 20, 2013, 08:26:54 AM »
I don't really know much about stock but it is nice to chime in here to hear whats current, and to learn something new.

The last thing we want to happen here is for people to start thinking "why bother"

Very true, hopefully people take away the attitude of "Why give up now" but if what Father Xmas says is true, (which I believe he is sense he seems to be on the ball), at least we know they aren't doing as well as they thought they were doing.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #1749 on: February 20, 2013, 01:59:53 PM »

I don't know quite where you're seeing this. The immediacy is gone, because we're too late to keep the game open. Now, the "sneak attack" has driven the other side into their "walled compound." They have supplies to last a while, so it's a siege. Keeping up the pressure is a slow thing, and we have a lot of folks here with short patience cycles. The key is to not give up. We're doing other things, and there are threads for them, but we're all still here.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #1750 on: February 20, 2013, 03:52:03 PM »

One of the reasons I think (Dont shoot me yet!!) there shouldnt be much cheering for their demise either. When stocks were falling I seen a lot of ra- rahing. Which is fair, but then it wouldnt be fair to be irked if someone, although I dont think anyone has or probably will, come in here and rah-rah when the stock prices rises.

I think I said in an earlier post that stock prices rise and fall. Very few times is it ever a straight drop or rise in either direction. And Father Xmas as usual is right on the money.

I dont mind the rah-rah for stock prices to go down at all, it's like harmless past time to raise spirits. A symbol. But lets not set ourselves for surprise or rage if it just so happens the rah-rah starts to happen on the other side.

On side note: I dont think the overall spirit is down maybe things slowed down from the original furvor and entering normality. I hope the spirit is not depended on the stock prices because then we are in for a hell of a emotional roller coaster ride. ;D lol.
 Although I doubt this will happen (then again I doubted many things may happened and it happened), NCSoft stocks might continue to go up over time and break the barrier that it had when COX was running. If that was to happen do we just pack it up and go home? Hell no. For all I care NCSoft can become the richest cororation on the planet and take over microsoft google facebook walmart all in one night and the goal shouldnt change one bit.

Don't worry, Marty. Assuming we succeed in our mission, this alternate 1985 will be changed back into the real 1985, instantaneously transforming around Jennifer and Einie. Jennifer and Einie will be fine, and they will have absolutely no memory of this horrible place.

MARTY MCFLY
Doc... what if we don't succeed?

DOC BROWN
We *must* succeed

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1751 on: February 20, 2013, 04:13:15 PM »
I do understand that people want to see NCSoft fail - it will not however restore the game and in fact would slow down any attempt at buying the game as if the company went bust it would take YEARS to break it up or for someone else to buy it out and pick the bones of the stuff not actually up and running any more.

In reality if the company was doing WELL, they may see fit to sell off excess IP for a lower price as they don't need the cash as badly. I really do understand folks wanting to see them punished for sheer stupidity, but as my mother said life isn't fair. People make stupid decisions every day and some of them hurt other people.

I think the reason this thread has derailed is that the sting has become less urgent and we have other good news to pay attention to:
SEGS
Google actually ASKING for our pitch - we didn't have to hunt them down and beg!
TPP
H&V
and other efforts that create positive relentless action.

That is how you win at life and all its parts positive relentless action. Quitting is just one of the words I don't know the meaning of, there are many more!

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1752 on: February 21, 2013, 04:19:38 AM »
Google actually ASKING for our pitch - we didn't have to hunt them down and beg!

They actually ASKED straight up for it?  For real?  :O

In the words of Waddle the Penguin, "Happy Waddle!"

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #1753 on: February 21, 2013, 05:02:08 AM »

THIS made my day!

It even beat out getting an "A" on a paper I'd been stressing about for the past couple weeks.

;D ;D ;D

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #1754 on: February 21, 2013, 05:05:33 AM »

When I went to my contact at Google, he initially looked for venture capitalists and contacts at other companies that might want to pick CoH up, not within Google play.

Those didn't pan out, I asked him, "Is it worth talking to Google Play?"

He went to his guy at Google Play, who said, "sure send my direct contact info and send me the pitch."

First time someone has asked for a pitch on initial contact.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #1755 on: February 21, 2013, 05:09:47 AM »

Well if I got the details right, Mercedes Lackey/Victoria Victrix talked to a contact Google.  This contact talked to a few contacts outside google (that didn't pan out).  Another person the contact talked to within google said to send the pitch package (and VV now has contact info for this person).  The pitch is currently being reworked by Ammon, Rae and Quinch, VV doesn't have time to help until she meets a book deadline (that she wasn't able to work on before because she had the flu for a bit).

So, not quite Google asking for it unprompted, but much better than a blind send.  Also, patience, business stuff takes a while.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1756 on: February 21, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »
The thing is someone did actually say - sure send me the stuff - let's look it over.

When they ask for it - that's when you go from cold sales to a hot lead. They might just WANT it. It's like working at Best Buy and the difference between a guy walking in asking for a Lenovo Z580 with an i5 processor and 6gb of ram and a 500 gb hard drive and somebody getting a flyer in the newspaper on a weekly ad.

One guy wants to see if the specific product meets his needs - the other one might look at the flyer - or he might not.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #1757 on: February 22, 2013, 05:03:07 AM »
Here's hoping.  Thank you for the info, Ms. Lackey.

godslayer

• Underling
« Reply #1758 on: March 01, 2013, 04:14:34 AM »
When I went to my contact at Google, he initially looked for venture capitalists and contacts at other companies that might want to pick CoH up, not within Google play.

Those didn't pan out, I asked him, "Is it worth talking to Google Play?"

He went to his guy at Google Play, who said, "sure send my direct contact info and send me the pitch."

First time someone has asked for a pitch on initial contact.

I for one am quite willing to put down money and pre-order any true successor to CoH Google would like to produce.

Who's with me?

Raven L. Prince

• Underling
« Reply #1759 on: March 01, 2013, 05:31:02 AM »
In an heartbeat I would pre-order or do anything else to get Google to consider the proposal....