Author Topic: Request for first new CoH item upon relaunch...  (Read 1707 times)

solarblaze

• Underling
Request for first new CoH item upon relaunch...
« on: July 08, 2014, 11:32:44 PM »
When (I don't want to put if any longer) CoH does make its comeback, could we all get a free Ironwolf pet upon launch?
Or something Ironwolf related?
Just so we can celebrate the face of the people working hard behind the scenes to fetch CoH and bring it back to all of us?
Maybe even a new NPC of him welcoming every back?

I think there are a lot of us who await every post by Ironwolf, just in hopes of that first post that says CoH is back.
And in that case, maybe some more "stuff" based on those behind-the-scenes people, whoever they may be.
(And please don't disclose these behind-the-scenes people until CoH is fully back.)

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
Re: Request for first new CoH item upon relaunch...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 01:54:36 AM »
That'd be an asset, like a badge or power or pet or such, so at launch, it's unlikely, I'd say.  Maybe a little later down the road.

However, an Ironwolf NPC that can be placed in Atlas or something might not be out of line or terribly hard to do... maybe?  I dunno.  Kinda like they did Coyote in Outbreak?  Something like that...

Or maybe a special texture on a wall that has a mural.  In city hall, on the wing on the left as you go in.  Yeah.  That might be pretty easy to do... maybe.  I'm not a guy who knows.

I'd say not just Ironwolf, though, all the people who are in on it get NPCs.

First: Acquire game. :)

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:57:13 AM »
Yeah, my vote would be to try to have a character that's some sort of homage added in as a replacement to one of the existing more generic TF contacts.  Or, maybe as an NPC wandering around in Ouro considering his SCA involvement in RL.

Steelhelm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 04:22:05 AM »
Ironworlf could replace the Activist NPC that stood near the City Hall yelling out news.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 04:34:24 AM »
Ironworlf could replace the Activist NPC that stood near the City Hall yelling out news.
Not a bad idea, just have to add a new piece of news that somehow alludes to the game's return, but I guess that depends on what the "official" reason of dormancy is in-universe.  If there even was one.

I mean, I want to have it be something like "Paragon City back from the brink, take a flyer!"  But, I can't get on board with the idea that the residents of the community would know their universe was almost gone forever.  I'd feel better with something more vague like: "Find out about the mysterious time-skip, almost two years gone by in a blink.  Here, take a pamphlet!"

Serpine

• Biting Commentarian
  • Boss
  • Telegram force and ready
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:48:27 PM »
"Find out about the mysterious time-skip, almost two years gone by in a blink.  Here, take a pamphlet!"
"Bankrupt Paragon City government restored to solvency by mysterious benefactors!"
Guns don't kill people, meerkats do.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 04:48:43 AM »
I want T-shirts  :roll:

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 05:00:48 AM »
Pet or emote - change into or summon an Ironwolf on activation with animation of such as a homage to the peeps behind the scenes - i think there was a costume change emote that made u split into a bunch of you then unite with a bang.  Maybe some new animation would do it justice.

And AP33oz goblets
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!