Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79554 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #240 on: April 01, 2015, 01:45:28 PM »
Many thoughts after last night's episode:

Spoiler for Hidden:
1. Notice that the Flash was chasing the original Eobard Thawne. This means that the Flash will have to *meet* the original Eobard at some point in order to be chasing him back in time.  Does the Flash go to the 25th century, or does he encounter Eobard on his way back through time to 15 years ago? ie. Thawne's taking jumps through time to get to 15 years ago. If Thawne shows up on his way back through time, that would pretty much exonerate Wells. ;)

2. What happens to the Flash after he saves his younger self? Does he just go home without finding Thawne?  Does he vanish because the timeline has been changed?  The Flash that followed him back might have been the one from 2020 and the Tess/Harrison Star Labs and thus ceased to exist when Thawne was trapped.

3. Apparently the original Harrison Wells and Tess would have formed Star labs much later on in the time line, but shifting that event forward by years doesn't meaningfully change the timeline?

4. Thawne ran out of Speed Force, so he's trapped.  His lightning is red as well, so is his Speed Force artificial?

5. Was Thawne already a genius when he went back in time, or did he absorb more than Wells' appearance with that gizmo?  Unless particle accellerator technology is an everyday thing in the 25th century, I don't think your average citizen would be able to make one.  Perhaps this is how Thawne intended to regenerate his Speed Force and/or got it in the first place.

6. No real good closeups of Flash, but he seems to be keeping up with Thawne in the fight.  Crazy theory is that it's not Barry, but perhaps Bart, though that's pretty out there.  I wonder how far in the future this Flash is from (next year?  2020?)

7. Thawne is tipping his hand all season with his knowledge of superspeed tricks, starting back with running on water.  He's certainly much more experienced than Barry regardless of the source of his powers.

8. Maybe Thawne is waiting until Barry is fast enough, then he plans to use his body-snatcher gizmo to become Barry, powers and all?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #241 on: April 01, 2015, 02:25:46 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:
1. Notice that the Flash was chasing the original Eobard Thawne. This means that the Flash will have to *meet* the original Eobard at some point in order to be chasing him back in time.  Does the Flash go to the 25th century, or does he encounter Eobard on his way back through time to 15 years ago? ie. Thawne's taking jumps through time to get to 15 years ago. If Thawne shows up on his way back through time, that would pretty much exonerate Wells. ;)

Well if he went back to stop the RF, he would meet the original guy, but assume it was Wellsl. I have to watch it again but it looked to me like the RF was the one who took young Barry out of the house since he was outside first and Barry chased after him.

2. What happens to the Flash after he saves his younger self? Does he just go home without finding Thawne?  Does he vanish because the timeline has been changed?  The Flash that followed him back might have been the one from 2020 and the Tess/Harrison Star Labs and thus ceased to exist when Thawne was trapped.

Maybe that's what that newspaper is he keeps looking at - the Crisis when the Flash disappears.

3. Apparently the original Harrison Wells and Tess would have formed Star labs much later on in the time line, but shifting that event forward by years doesn't meaningfully change the timeline?

Yeah, I don't get why he keeps asking Gideon if the timeline is on track as he already messed it up big time. And I assume he has some contact with the future otherwise how could Gideon even know what the future looks like.

4. Thawne ran out of Speed Force, so he's trapped.  His lightning is red as well, so is his Speed Force artificial?

Seems that way. I cant recall but for the original RF in the 60's, didn't the suit have the power and not the person?

5. Was Thawne already a genius when he went back in time, or did he absorb more than Wells' appearance with that gizmo?  Unless particle accellerator technology is an everyday thing in the 25th century, I don't think your average citizen would be able to make one.  Perhaps this is how Thawne intended to regenerate his Speed Force and/or got it in the first place.

I think he absorbed his knowledge and his personality - Thawne/Wells seems to act and talk just like the real Wells would.

6. No real good closeups of Flash, but he seems to be keeping up with Thawne in the fight.  Crazy theory is that it's not Barry, but perhaps Bart, though that's pretty out there.  I wonder how far in the future this Flash is from (next year?  2020?)

I wonder even if that is the current Barry - maybe its Barry from 2020 as you say. Its possible if 'our' Barry goes back to change the past we will see three Flashes - the original two and our Barry that interferes.

7. Thawne is tipping his hand all season with his knowledge of superspeed tricks, starting back with running on water.  He's certainly much more experienced than Barry regardless of the source of his powers.

Well it seems he is getting sloppy - I was saying to myself when he was telling Barry he sounds like he has done it and Barry would be an idiot if he didn't pick up on it.

8. Maybe Thawne is waiting until Barry is fast enough, then he plans to use his body-snatcher gizmo to become Barry, powers and all?

Maybe - I wonder if he can turn himself back to his original body.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #242 on: April 01, 2015, 02:26:03 PM »

Spoiler for Hidden:

Responses to some of your questions

Spoiler for Hidden:

That was interesting wasn't it?  Great, surprising twist.  I also noticed Flash was in his comic book costume, white circle and all, not the one he's had on in the TV series, so far...

Yes it is.  We knew this from the machine he has been using to gather Speed Force from Barry.  My guess is this is why he's been helping Barry learn to be the Flash... He needs him fast enough to gather enough Speed Force to travel in time again. 

I would guess Thawne is not a genius. 

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  No Bart, please, no.....

I hope that machine is just an "Instant Plastic Surgery Kit" (tm Revlon 2329). 

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #243 on: April 01, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »
Also I'm concerned about Barry's identity.

The whole point of a secret identity is to keep it..well ....secret.

At this point it doesn't matter if Cold knows who he is - so does almost everyone else.

I don't mind of course he shows his father - but from a previous episode it looked like Henry kind of figured it out.

This of course is all heading to 'Flashpoint' as a season finale cliffhanger -

My guess is he saves his mom - he never joins the police force, never becomes the Flash, Thawne doesn't use up his speed force since there is no Flash to fight , the real Wells is alive and Barry goes to him and has him recreate the accident to give him his powers again. much like what happened in the comic.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #244 on: April 01, 2015, 03:23:32 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So Barry has a bomb of unknown payload on his wrist and Wells's advice is to run through a wall in the middle of the city? Instead of, idk just phasing through the wristband in the middle of nowhere? We've already seen Barry outrun explosions several times. And then Barry's idea is to skip the wall in favor of a fuel truck? Really starting to question the whole genius description of these folks.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2015, 03:54:09 PM »
So, I just can't wait to see what leads to Green Arrow, The Flash, Black Canary, Firestorm and The Atom all teaming up to face... ????

That's the Justice League right there! 

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #246 on: April 01, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »
Eddie's face... priceless ;D
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #247 on: April 01, 2015, 04:58:25 PM »
I have to watch it again but it looked to me like the RF was the one who took young Barry out of the house since he was outside first and Barry chased after him.
I think you're confusing the colour of the lightning with the colour of the suits.  The yellow lightning (Barry) takes young Barry away, then the red lightning (Thawne) leaves the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKlwnZJlrCA

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2015, 05:06:50 PM »
I think you're confusing the colour of the lightning with the colour of the suits.  The yellow lightning (Barry) takes young Barry away, then the red lightning (Thawne) leaves the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKlwnZJlrCA

Yeah - now that I see again you are right. I assumed yellow suit = yellow lightning.

It all happened so fast I lost track of who was who.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #249 on: April 01, 2015, 05:49:09 PM »
Odd that even though he has no trace of the speed force he's still vibrating.

That clip was like slow motion to me. I've gotten so used to watching everything at 1.5-1.7x that regular speed tv pretty much turns me into the Flash.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2015, 03:33:38 AM »
 :-[ don't let my anhedonia bring you down.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:34:19 AM by Vee »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2015, 06:43:10 AM »
I've gotten so used to watching everything at 1.5-1.7x that regular speed ...
:o doesn't that make everyone sound like Mickey Mouse?
I'm bad and that's good.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2015, 06:55:51 AM »
nope VLC media player doesn't distort at higher speeds. it's quite awesome. Funny thing is even at 1.7 which is about as high as i can go without missing dialogue the walking dead still drags.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »
So, I just can't wait to see what leads to Green Arrow, The Flash, Black Canary, Firestorm and The Atom all teaming up to face... ????

That's the Justice League right there!
Throw in Green Lantern and I'm a happy critter.
Flash seems like the perfect series to bring Jordan to the small screen.
Maybe next season...
I'm bad and that's good.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2015, 04:58:06 AM »
I want to see a Flash and Elongated Man team-up.  Get on that, quick, CW.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »
I want to see a Flash and Elongated Man team-up.  Get on that, quick, CW.

Why not. With computers today it would be super easy to do his powers.

And Ralph was name dropped previously as someone who was killed in the accident, but they thought Stein and Raymond were dead and they weren't.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2015, 06:39:56 PM »
Why not. With computers today it would be super easy to do his powers.

And Ralph was name dropped previously as someone who was killed in the accident, but they thought Stein and Raymond were dead and they weren't.

As long as Ralph does NOT make the same joke to Sue he made in Justice League Europe about being the guy with stretchable body parts...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2015, 07:01:33 PM »
Pretty sure that joke is already implied in his name nowadays.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2015, 12:24:59 AM »
Pretty sure that joke is already implied in his name nowadays.

I always thought that Reed Richards and the Invisible Girl could have some fun nights...........

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2015, 12:55:49 PM »
Had another random thought.

After The Flash saves his younger self and runs off, what does he do after that?  Personally, I would probably go back to the house to see what's going on or try to save Mom.  Since Barry's dad was still at the house, did the Flash and Mr. Allen have a conversation? 

Does Barry's dad know more about that night than he's saying?  Not necessarily anything sinister, but perhaps he's keeping his mouth shut because the Flash asked him to.