Author Topic: And NC says...  (Read 75436 times)

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
Re: And NC says...
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2012, 12:14:47 AM »
Is there even really a Brian Clayton? I keep hearing about this guy but I've never seen a direct statement from him, or even a photo. He's like the Keyser Soze of online gaming.
Does that mean we'll eventually discover Tony IS Brian? :P

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2012, 12:15:54 AM »
Does that mean we'll eventually discover Tony IS Brian? :P

That's just silly. One wears glasses. The other doesn't.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2012, 12:17:19 AM »
That's just silly. One wears glasses. The other doesn't.

Yeah, but I've never seen Brian and Tony in the same room...
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2012, 12:18:43 AM »
Heck we can't even get people to donate to the Extra Life Campaign which is sitting at less than $1,000 now after a week hehe.
I want to point out that I had already donated to a separate Extra Life campaign before anyone set up the City one. And I cannot afford to donate to more than one at the level at which I donated. I'm pretty sure there are many more like me who already had their donation funds set aside for something else well before this was announced.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Heliphyneau

• Underling
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2012, 12:30:54 AM »

Heliphyneau

• Underling
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2012, 12:31:33 AM »
* DrakeGrimm pounds chest, activating Integrated Healing

*activates Clarion*

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2012, 12:34:41 AM »
*activates Clarion*

*readies Fulcrum Shift*
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2012, 12:36:01 AM »
*summons Image of the Well pet*
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »
*puts Pepsiman in bag*

*Readies Pepsiman down NCsoft Exec's back move*

Tahliah

• Lieutenant
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2012, 12:43:26 AM »

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #130 on: October 03, 2012, 12:50:47 AM »
* DrakeGrimm pounds chest, activating Integrated Healing

*Copper Cockroach flips bird in general direction of NCsoft, gathers ENTIRE COMMUNITY, hits Accelerated Metabolism*

voodoogirl

« Reply #131 on: October 03, 2012, 01:00:23 AM »

Luna Eclypse

• New Efforts # 9,000!
  • Boss
  • Follow my on Twitter @LunaEclypse
    • Luna Eclypse on VirtueVerse
« Reply #132 on: October 03, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »
That part about "ensuring its reputation and the memories we share" sounds like they don't want to sell the studio or rights.  The game's reputation is stellar, as is Paragon's, it's NCsoft's reputation that is taking a beating because of this.  And they know it.  And "end on a high note"?!?  THIS is a high note?  No way they believe that or think that; as others noted, it sounds like this is supposed to quiet us.  Keep fighting the good fight; this will not daunt me in the slightest.

#SaveCOH

It's not a high note. They curb stomped us and the developers, stabbed us in the gut, and left us to bleed to death on the pavement. They missed the part where Superheroes don't go out this way.
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse

Kosmos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
This is my thoughts on it. If you've already bought it, play it. Don't give them your money for nothing. Buying anything additional from them on the other hand is a different story. The more people they have playing without buying from the in game store the better.

I disagree. CoH players should know better than any the value of the MMO's community. So unless you're prepared to be a rotten apple in their barrel, you are adding value to their game simply by playing it.

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #134 on: October 03, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »
City of Heroes has a special place in all of our hearts, and we want to ensure its reputation and the memories we share for the game end on a high note.

Sure, we can do that. We can ensure the GAME'S REPUTATION ends on a high note. But we certainly don't share the same MEMORIES of the game as NCSoft do. If they shared our memories they wouldn't be closing the game in the first place.

I have the greatest respect for the game, and as the Russians say, "If we have to die, let us die with music". CoH deserves that 'high note'.
However, I have no respect for the company. Haven't had since they killed Tabula Rasa before my eyes.

So if NCSoft want us to ensure that their memories end on a high note? Nope, sorry - I'm afraid that I cannot ensure.

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2012, 01:27:59 AM »
Sure, we can do that. We can ensure the GAME'S REPUTATION ends on a high note. But we certainly don't share the same MEMORIES of the game as NCSoft do. If they shared our memories they wouldn't be closing the game in the first place.

I have the greatest respect for the game, and as the Russians say, "If we have to die, let us die with music". CoH deserves that 'high note'.
However, I have no respect for the company. Haven't had since they killed Tabula Rasa before my eyes.

So if NCSoft want us to ensure that their memories end on a high note? Nope, sorry - I'm afraid that I cannot ensure.

I have every intention of ensuring precisely the opposite, myself. Having some experience with the more... ruthless... aspects of investment, I'm considering it an option when I have the means to support that initiative.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2012, 01:30:17 AM »
Brian Clayton (PICTURE in ThorsAssassin's blog post about the dev dinner) is the studio manager of Formerly-Known-As Paragon.  I have generally heard from him on Sunday night.  I did not hear from him this Sunday, so I have nothing to tell you.

This, from my husband Larry Dixon however:

Larry Dixon: *shrug*  It's as "real" as anything else NCsoft says or does.  That'll flip if they want it to. What it *is* is an admission that they've noticed enough to respond to it "on company letterhead." Its face value is meaningless.

The REAL takeaway from this is "Hey this is starting to hurt, stop it guys!"  If the revival efforts meant nothing, NCsoft would not post what amounts to "Elvis has left the building."  And that is all that is. They want the negative attention to stop. That is an official attempt at deflection.  Or, in political terms, an "Un-Answer."

It appears to be a response but actually accomplishes nothing except silence those who weren't very into it.  Like I say, what it says is irrelevant; the thing to take notice of is that it was put there at all.  And that means time to step it up because the other fighter just staggered.

If the "Save CoH/We love Paragon" etc. efforts were ineffective, we'd never have seen such a statement. The hidden meaning of that note is that it has dawned on somebody that this is developing into "anti-NCsoft," not "Save-CoH," so they issued a mollifying statement with a lot of buttonpushing feel-warm cozy buttons about how special what they just murdered was to them.

Now they reap the mistrust they sowed, they can see the coverage increase, the caution against them and the players taking their money away in droves, and we can look them steely in the eyes and reply "Too bad.  It's just business.  Isn't it."

The "exhausted all options" is bizspeak for "We didn't get what we wanted, so we stopped bothering to find solutions."  Businesspeople who truly WANT a result  ALWAYS find a way, they never "exhaust all options." So right there is an admission from NCsoft that they're very bad businesspeople.  Most certainly unimaginative and inflexible.

Shortest form: As a strategist, the hits are being felt by NCsoft, and they've barely begun.

Second message: This is the murderer issuing an official statement that they "really tried hard" not kill what they had a choice about murdering, and hoping that "Oh they loved it like I did, they're really sorry!" should be your takeaway from that and that should make EVERYTHING just fine, right?

I don't take "We loved it too!" as anything but an insult to our intelligence.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Terwyn

• Plan Z: Business/Marketing Lead
  • Elite Boss
    • Missing Worlds
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2012, 01:36:27 AM »
I would avoid a discussion of the psychology of serial killers, but... there are some rather disturbing parallels that could be drawn to NC Soft....
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction.
- Albert Einstein

http://missingworlds.wordpress.com

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2012, 01:36:44 AM »
 Im an old school NY'er who grew up between two tough neighborhoods and one summer had to fight every day on my way home just to get into my building where I lived..

I know a punk move when i see one.. THIS is a punk move..

Flamazing Sally

• Minion
« Reply #139 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »
Once again, VV has it correct.  NCsoft wants us to stop.  And, if NCsoft wants us to be silent, then we need to make more noise. 

Has anyone noticed that this newest message from NCsoft is NOT on the CoH website?  Apparently, they know where the noise is coming from.   

Our work here is just beginning.  I'm sending out a new round of letters and emails.  I think Nexon needs some of the 'luv' too.

Keep up the good work!