Author Topic: The Big Giant Icon Thread  (Read 203885 times)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
Re: The Big Giant Icon Thread
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »
I would suggest adding a link or email or something in the OP for people who don't have CoH anymore.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Omni-Nogard

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »

Requirements
You must have either the latest Issue 23 (version 2320.201207182341.1) or Issue 24 (version 2400.201208211101.1) game client installed. The NCSoft launcher is not required. The Issue 24 client has more costume parts available and is recommended if you have it.

Well guess that means i wont be able to have fun, i uninstalled CoH fully. It was hurting me just sitting there asking to be clicked.

kylehsin

• Underling
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 11:53:45 PM »
Thank you so much for making and posting this. I'm sure I'm not the only one unable to thank you enough for this.

MWDarkAge

• Underling
  • I AM THE LAW!
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2012, 11:57:21 PM »
Instructions for Mac Users
Thanks to TheManga for figuring this out! Original post here.

IMPORTANT:  MAKE A COPY OF YOUR CITY OF HEROES FOLDER.  Since we'll be modifying it irrecoverably, it's best to work with a copy.

Is the MAKE A COPY for both PC and MAC users, or just MAC? And if I didn't as a PC user, will I have problems later?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2012, 11:58:26 PM »
Instructions for Mac Users
I'm pretty sure those are for Mac users. ;)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

MWDarkAge

• Underling
  • I AM THE LAW!
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 12:03:51 AM »
Yep... Should have read the all of the entries.

PC users only have to copy the icon application in the CoH directory.

I feel like it's Christmas :-)

f1r3m0th

• Underling
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 12:06:13 AM »
I've been seeing people posting in other threads that they have everything unlocked for costume pieces and powers.  My VIP got dropped from me the DAY of the announcement, so I was never able to re-up my VIP and couldn't access about 90% of the stuff I'd already unlocked (and even bought...grrrr)

I had i24 downloaded on my beta, but it's not liking me for some reason and only lets me use icon in my live folder.  Am I missing something?

@Firemoth

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 12:08:23 AM »
Finally got home. So cool!!!! When was that Think Tank costume part added??
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 12:11:49 AM »
Ok, I'm at work and my brain is all full up, so I'm going to ask some stupid questions.

If I follow the directions, I will be able to access the character creation screens, correct?

Can I make just new characters or will my old ones be available?

These costumes are savable just like when the game was running?

And now, let me add my deep gratitude for the work you put into this. Thanks so much.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 12:23:25 AM »
If I follow the directions, I will be able to access the character creation screens, correct?
Yes.
Can I make just new characters or will my old ones be available?
You can access old saved costumes and that is as far as it can go. The actual characters were stored server-side, remember.

These costumes are savable just like when the game was running?
Yes, they are!
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Felderburg

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 12:28:16 AM »
Where are the unique NPC costumes stored? Everything works just fine, but I seem to be having a hard time discovering where the actual pieces are located. I've found a few; is it just trial and error through the categories?

WolfSoul

• Lieutenant
    • Writing portfolio
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 12:43:07 AM »
Yes.You can access old saved costumes and that is as far as it can go. The actual characters were stored server-side, remember.
Yes, they are!

Squee!

Er...um... Yeah, dude, that's cool and..uh...stuff.

<.<

>.>

Squee!

Arachnion

• Elite Boss
  • Professional Cynic
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2012, 01:05:44 AM »
You can access old saved costumes and that is as far as it can go.

Don't know if this is what you meant, but you can save new costumes with it, you know.

Ones with NPC parts when in -n mode even.

:P
I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go
Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder

Waiting for an invitation to arrive
Goin' to a party where no one's still alive

LightBlack

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2012, 01:18:01 AM »
I'm getting an Error! message stating "Unrecognized Version" for both my Beta Version and Live Version. I played up until the servers went down so I feel like I should have the correct clients. Any thoughts on this?

PS. I use a Windows 7x64.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2012, 01:25:30 AM »
What do you have in your version.ini file from the directory that you put it in?

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2012, 01:49:24 AM »
Finally got home. So cool!!!! When was that Think Tank costume part added??

the think tank got added i think for last years halloween, it was brought back earlier this year for the anniversary i believe

the fish-bowel looking one was only added with the retro sci fi costume set

KnightHawk Prime

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2012, 02:11:03 AM »
First off, thank you for the very appreciated early NewThanksMakKah Day present, and one of the spiffier ones I've gotten.

Icon has gone a long way towards relieving my normal holiday depression, and I think you for it, as I'm sure Tiri would, if I told her about this post. ;]

On a topic related to Icon, I have an interesting question:

Can Icon and Sentinel+ be linked in some fashion to pull up our old characters?

2cp. ;]

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2012, 02:18:43 AM »
You have just made me very happy.

Very, very nice work. Once again, the Titan crew comes through
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

dishdude

• Underling
  • Triumph Server - @Sentai Crimson
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2012, 02:28:23 AM »
Thank you so much.

Leandro

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2012, 03:00:39 AM »
Alright, I just sent the CohBeta folder to 19 people, and I'm waiting for a reply from 8 others, but I'm going to sleep.

Feel free to keep emailing leandrotlz@gmail.com if you need the Issue 24 files, but I won't be able to reply until I wake up.

Edit: check out the download options at http://www.savecoh.com/p/download-issue-24-beta.html
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:10:11 PM by Leandro »