Author Topic: "...a realignment of company focus"  (Read 160717 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: "...a realignment of company focus"
« Reply #360 on: October 09, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »
Oh gawd, a hip hop artist named NC Softcore doing a parody of "Get Low"?

Someone doooooo eeeeeeet!!
Ahahaha.  YES.

Musical talent, why can I not find you!

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #361 on: October 09, 2012, 11:09:01 PM »
"...a parody of 'Get Low?'"

Or maybe "Gangnam Style?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:22:38 PM by Colette »

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #362 on: October 09, 2012, 11:50:58 PM »
Well, they just lost the gay male gamer contingent.

Big tits? Big whoop.  ;D

Granted this is a straight person talking, but my understanding was that the men are nearly as objectified, but the male physique doesn't lend itself to the same sort of "jiggle." Unless you're into bears. Not much market share, there, probably.

Anyway, I believe the comment was something along the lines of there was "even something for the ladies." The dude was pretty shredded.

While there was plenty of opportunity for some costume combinations that were just wrong (one friend still has a toon he made in the first couple of issues of the game, when there was a combination in the color palette that allowed you to make what amounted to a nude Barbie doll), CoH has always been family friendly.  I will not be letting this B&S into my house, and I'm not all that prudish or on the "Boycott NCSoftcore" bandwagon.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2012, 12:16:03 AM »
"...one friend still has a toon he made in the first couple of issues of the game, when there was a combination in the color palette that allowed you to make what amounted to a nude Barbie doll...."

Uh... I think that was me. You use the mesh pattern, pink dots on yellow (or vice versa) to create flesh tone. I didn't use it for nudes, though. It's how my monster-legged martial artist got her thong and gave my Silence of the Lambs redsider "Mister Hide" his shiny leather woman-suit.

Obviously I'm not prudish either, and I still say B & S is in unforgivably bad taste.

I'll stop hijacking the thread now.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2012, 12:19:09 AM »
* - Team Bloodlust.  Really?  Really?!  Sigh.
They just really like WoW Shamans. >.>

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2012, 12:22:23 AM »
Uh... I think that was me. You use the mesh pattern, pink dots on yellow (or vice versa) to create flesh tone. I didn't use it for nudes, though. It's how my monster-legged martial artist got her thong and gave my Silence of the Lambs redsider "Mister Hide" his shiny leather woman-suit.

Greg? ;)

I've gone through several variations of costume combinations in CoH, and it's possible to make some pretty pederast-y toons of characters, especially with the boob slider and variety of youthful face options.  That route may have been a mistake on my part.  The shake and jiggle is still a line we can follow.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2012, 12:23:25 AM »
Maybe it just means they toss you into PvP right from the start (since PvP seems to be the only reason Korea plays MMO's AT ALL), instead of making you level up first before you can be proficient at it.

Nope, they are sticking to the classics there from the sound of it.

Is Blade & Soul PvP, PvE, or some combination of the two?

The gameplay of Blade & Soul is initially "player-versus-environment" (PvE), but players can choose a faction, enabling them to participate in "player-versus-player" (PvP) combat.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #367 on: October 10, 2012, 01:00:17 AM »
"...a parody of 'Get Low?'"

Or maybe "Gangnam Style?"

**APPLAUSE**  For the NCSoftcore idea plus all the rest!

THIS is what I was talking about in regards to ridicule and humor being weapons. THIS is COMEDY GOLD right there! Post that above to as many facebook pages and gamer forums as you can find, PLUS the NCSoft page - both Korean and English!

Who knows - couple of years down the line, we may force the company to spend valuable resources and time renaming and rebranding itself if we keep this up! :D

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #368 on: October 10, 2012, 01:04:36 AM »
**APPLAUSE**  For the NCSoftcore idea plus all the rest!

THIS is what I was talking about in regards to ridicule and humor being weapons. THIS is COMEDY GOLD right there! Post that above to as many facebook pages and gamer forums as you can find, PLUS the NCSoft page - both Korean and English!

Who knows - couple of years down the line, we may force the company to spend valuable resources and time renaming and rebranding itself if we keep this up! :D

Four thumbs up.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2012, 01:48:00 AM »
"Four thumbs up."

Praise from Caesar, or Calpurnia as the case may be.

"THIS is COMEDY GOLD right there! Post that above to as many facebook pages and gamer forums as you can find, PLUS the NCSoft page - both Korean and English!"

Folks, have mercy on me, I am new-media-illiterate. I have a facebook page because a friend said I absolutely must have a facebook page, and she set it up. I'm clueless. And I can't even post on the CoH page 'cause I wasn't subbed the morning NC-Stalker backstabbed us. (Five year vet and now they won't even let me play the Astoria content.)

Run with it, folks. Call it my contribution to the cause.

"Greg?"

Nope, Jack. Parallel development strikes again.

"...it's possible to make some pretty pederast-y toons of characters, especially with the boob slider and variety of youthful face options."

As Cryptic said regarding the Marvel suit, you can do that with a pencil too. The CoH costume creator is just that versatile. B&S's graphics obviously cater to shall we say... exotic tastes.

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #370 on: October 10, 2012, 01:49:52 AM »
They just really like WoW Shamans. >.>

But only Horde Shamans, not Alliance.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #371 on: October 10, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »

Still think Heroism has a better sound effect. But it doesn't matter now anyway since they gave it to Mages and Hunter pets (wtf?).

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #372 on: October 10, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
Can't blame them for that.  8)

Still think Heroism has a better sound effect. But it doesn't matter now anyway since they gave it to Mages and Hunter pets (wtf?).
Aw c'mon, you KNOW Hunters needed more love. >.>
Bless their ninja lootin', huntard little hearts.

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #373 on: October 11, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »
Can't blame them for that.  8)
Aw c'mon, you KNOW Hunters needed more love. >.>
Bless their ninja lootin', huntard little hearts.

Hey, SOME of us don't keep our pets on Aggressive and actually TALK to the Rogues and Shamans before we roll on a piece of leather!

*grins* (Are you kidding, my husband's main is a Shaman, and *HE* is the number cruncher - he tells me what I should roll on. That is, when we played WOW. Yes, my ranged main is a Hunter. My melee/tank main is a Paladin.)

Aaaaanyhow. Hi, jack, glad you could join us, it's time to return to the topic at hand now.

I think we should use the NCSoftcore more in-game - It made a few people clean their monitors when I was playing last night.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

V-Mink

• Lieutenant
  • Greenside
« Reply #374 on: October 11, 2012, 05:31:39 PM »
I think we should use the NCSoftcore more in-game - It made a few people clean their monitors when I was playing last night.
As well it should. =) It's gotten a few comments when I've used it.  And there've been a few nods of understanding when they see Blade & Soul.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #375 on: October 11, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »
Let's see... do we have a list of the NCSoft memes?

NCsoft - MMO Killer / Game Killer
NCSoftcore

For Blade and Soul -
Boobs and Sluts
Boobs and Shame
Breasts and Shame/Sluts

Oh - yesterday I came up with something in-game that I haven't mentioned here yet.

Caveat - it's a CHILDISH JUVENILE CHEAP SHOT and I'm well aware of it. But I couldn't resist.

"Taek-Jin Kim -  Because he's gonna 'Taek' all your games away!"

Quinch

« Reply #376 on: October 11, 2012, 05:45:13 PM »
Boobs and Skin?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #377 on: October 11, 2012, 05:47:50 PM »
I still like Blade In Hole  8)

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #378 on: October 11, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
A google search of "NCSoftcore" led to some amusing results. Their own posts refer to "NCSoft's core technology," "NCSoft's core [sic] of engineers," and best of all, "NCSoft's core values."

I recommend some B&S freeze-frames with the caption, "NCSoftcore's values."

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #379 on: October 11, 2012, 07:03:47 PM »
I just read NCSoft's "mission statement" page, and particularly the "CEO Message"...and I'm afraid I was compelled to do another quotes gag ;)