Author Topic: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images  (Read 111390 times)

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
Re: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images
« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »

Oh if only someone could hack the NCSoft websites and facebook pages to put that image up there. :D

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2012, 06:40:49 PM »
I've added those recent ones to the MMOKiller Photobucket Community folder - that corporate one is a classic, made me remember this one I knocked up a bit back :D

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »
Send for the Furies....

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:58:47 PM by Colette »

Celtic Lass

• Minion
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2012, 10:47:51 PM »
I've added those recent ones to the MMOKiller Photobucket Community folder - that corporate one is a classic, made me remember this one I knocked up a bit back :D

Just thumbed through it.  Love it!  ;D
"Yes, and then I'm going to marry Bob Dole and raise penguins in Guam."

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2012, 12:21:33 AM »
Can I ask some of you to come over to the Alert the Colbert Nation! thread and see if you can do the webpage I asked for?  Pretty please?
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »
Webpage design is totally over my head. But my graphics manipulation is at your disposal. Just PM me assignments.  :)

Quinch

« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2012, 03:14:15 AM »
Since we're on the topic of cats -

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/cat-jumps-off-ledge.gif

It seems very appropriate.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2012, 04:51:33 AM »
That MUST be captured and captioned, "NCSoft tries to cross over into the Western Market."

I'd do it but I have no idea how to work with moving pics.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2012, 05:01:32 AM »
Send for the Furies....

Win.

Also, I hope that jumping cat was ok, it looked like he was a story or two off the ground.  :-\

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2012, 05:22:17 AM »
Win.

Also, I hope that jumping cat was ok, it looked like he was a story or two off the ground.  :-\

Well if the cat is below the square/cube threshold he'll be okay.

Oh I should explain. Without getting all technical - The square/cube threshold is where an animal has enough mass/size to actually hurt themselves via falling damage. Below a certain point, air resistance is a greater factor than gravity. Squirrels and small rodents like mice and rats almost cannot be killed by falls. If you tossed a squirrel out of a plane, he'd instintively spread out his legs (like a flying squirrel of course) and even if he's NOT a flying squirrel, the air resistance will keep the "terminal velocity" from being - well - terminal. There's just not enough mass there. And when he lands, there's not enough inertia to cause internal organ damage or even enough to break bones.

Cats - depending on the breed are right on the edge of that threshold. Smaller cats have been known to survive falls off of 12 story balconies.

But larger cats - like say, a Maine Coone? They would definitely go SPLAT.

That's why I feel no guilt being amused by things like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDa_cpgHWs

- because the squirrel is suffering nothing but the loss of dignity. :)

Celtic Lass

• Minion
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »
That MUST be captured and captioned, "NCSoft tries to cross over into the Western Market."

I'd do it but I have no idea how to work with moving pics.

45 frame gif.  Had to layer roughly 30 of those frames.  Proof that I love my COH community!  ;D

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2012, 10:57:03 AM »

45 frame gif.  Had to layer roughly 30 of those frames.  Proof that I love my COH community!  ;D

I think I love you now. XD

Well done!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Celtic Lass

• Minion
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2012, 11:01:01 AM »

I think I love you now. XD

Well done!

D'awwww ::blush:: Thank you. :D

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2012, 11:18:09 AM »
Well if the cat is below the square/cube threshold he'll be okay.

Oh I should explain. Without getting all technical - The square/cube threshold is where an animal has enough mass/size to actually hurt themselves via falling damage. Below a certain point, air resistance is a greater factor than gravity. Squirrels and small rodents like mice and rats almost cannot be killed by falls. If you tossed a squirrel out of a plane, he'd instintively spread out his legs (like a flying squirrel of course) and even if he's NOT a flying squirrel, the air resistance will keep the "terminal velocity" from being - well - terminal. There's just not enough mass there. And when he lands, there's not enough inertia to cause internal organ damage or even enough to break bones.

Cats - depending on the breed are right on the edge of that threshold. Smaller cats have been known to survive falls off of 12 story balconies.

But larger cats - like say, a Maine Coone? They would definitely go SPLAT.

That's why I feel no guilt being amused by things like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDa_cpgHWs

- because the squirrel is suffering nothing but the loss of dignity. :)

My understanding is that cats tend to be fine providing they fall from high enough to get into the right position, there is a range of heights that are dangerous with both a lower and upper bound.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2012, 02:18:17 PM »
One image that goes thru my mind is the scene in the second Matrix movie where Trinity tells the agent to "Dodge this!" as she shoots him.  It's a departure from my peace-nik, "live and let live" side (which is where I try to live most my life) to the angrier, even somewhat vengeful side when I tell you I've imagined a graphic repeatedly where the Agent is NCSoft and Trinity is saying "Realign this!"

Please note I'm not condoning RL violence - or if I am, that's not my intention at all.  I'm simply giving vent to some angry emotions.  Otherwise, I try to live my life in accordance with values I hold such as A.J. Muste's famous "There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2012, 04:08:22 PM »
Celtic Lass? Superb! I suggest the "fail" at the end might be gilding the lily, but I'll leave that for others to comment on.

JR, don't be so ashamed of primal things. They too must be served, carefully. I myself go all fanboy over the Furies up there. I'd advise you to go take an axe brute into Sharkshead, but....

"When people consign too much to the subconscious, that unrecognized, unheeded demon must come roaring back out into the light."
-- Joseph Campbell, regarding the Jungian "Shadow-self."

Celtic Lass

• Minion
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2012, 04:58:12 PM »
Celtic Lass? Superb! I suggest the "fail" at the end might be gilding the lily, but I'll leave that for others to comment on.

You're probably right, but after layering all those images, no way am I going to go back through it frame by frame, ugh!  :D

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2012, 05:58:20 PM »
Fair 'nuff. I expect that's dreadfully tedious work, and thanks for it.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2012, 07:49:31 PM »
JR, don't be so ashamed of primal things. They too must be served, carefully. I myself go all fanboy over the Furies up there. I'd advise you to go take an axe brute into Sharkshead, but....

"When people consign too much to the subconscious, that unrecognized, unheeded demon must come roaring back out into the light."
-- Joseph Campbell, regarding the Jungian "Shadow-self."

It isn't so much shame I think as sense of perhaps undue caution.  I was living and working in Denver and still remember Columbine and when the phrases "going postal" and "road rage" came into use.   I agree with you about the painting of the Furies; I think it's very powerful. 
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2012, 07:20:31 AM »
my latest

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.