Author Topic: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images  (Read 111400 times)

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
Re: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2013, 04:13:37 AM »
Well, just try and keep a leash on it, you know? If you catch yourself starting to fall into that bitterness, take a step back and figure out if you really think it should be posted. I know you're not a troll and you're as beat up as the rest of us. But we have to stick together as best we can. I feel like antagonizing each other, intentionally or otherwise, is counter productive.

Not getting on your case. Just trying to help.

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2013, 04:24:03 AM »
Well, just try and keep a leash on it, you know? If you catch yourself starting to fall into that bitterness, take a step back and figure out if you really think it should be posted. I know you're not a unicorn and you're as beat up as the rest of us. But we have to stick together as best we can. I feel like antagonizing each other, intentionally or otherwise, is counter productive.

Not getting on your case. Just trying to help.

Thanks, I guess. A pro tip, though: next time you try, maybe put some effort into sounding a tad bit less patronizing. (See what I did there?)

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2013, 04:27:28 AM »
I can't believe so few got the classic Frankenstein.  It's only been recreated (mobs, torches, windmill) in nearly every Frankenstein movie remake since including Frankenweenie!  I can understand kids not reading the horror classics but not watching the classic Universal monster movies.  :gonk:
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2013, 05:57:42 AM »
Now now, give it up for Couper. He caught on.

Not my best work, but it gets the point across. I may try to refine it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:15:02 AM by Colette »

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2013, 01:49:34 PM »
Now now, give it up for Couper. He caught on.

I got a virtual cookie!  ;D
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »
"...people slashing tires, vandalizing property, using physical intimidation and threats...."

Oh yeah! I'd totally bail if the movement started down that path. There's no point in my preaching about them breaking the spirit of their contract if we start crossing worse lines.

It's utterly impractical to do, but that line sparked the mental image of what would be a hilarious prank to pull. Find the cars belonging to Chairman Kim and any other NCSoft staffer who can be associated by name with either the closure of CoH or the "Here's a non-answer to your questions; now shut up and behave" pronouncements. Jack up the back end of each car and mount a wide strap around the tread face; the strap is molded so that its surface is a stamp saying "I'm an MMOkiller!". Rig a tank of water-soluble ink (you want the cities to be able to get it off the roads easily) that feeds to a widget spreading the ink across the face of the strap. Now, whenever they drive (or are driven) somewhere, they would leave a double trail of "I'm an MMOkiller!" painted on the road behind them until the tank ran dry.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »
I know, it's weak.

Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2013, 07:16:26 PM »
Photoshop the brain down to about 1/10 the size and give the guy a magnifying glass.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:57 PM »
Love concept and execution, Xmas! Bravo. But it does need NCSoft's logo on it, or something, to be effective. Maybe in the upper left corner, like an old school comic book? "Beware the MMOKiller!" and so on.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #229 on: February 07, 2013, 12:57:03 AM »

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #230 on: February 07, 2013, 04:48:52 AM »
(I apologise to everyone for this unpleasant scene. Please overlook this.)

"I'm simply tired of the never ending Orwellian Hate Week that is taking place here."

Frog, I dunno what you've you've seen or think you've seen. You were speaking to the guy who has worked so hard to keep us together, and you just compared the community he founded to a brutal totalitarian dictatorship.

How dare you!

How dare you strut in here and say that to Tony? You ought'a be slapped! What have you contributed to this community besides sowing discord and throwing around insults? This is not the place for your childish 4-chan games. We're trying to accomplish something here.

Perfidus called you on it with far more politeness than you deserve, and you relied like a snotty six year old.

"...put some effort into sounding a tad bit less patronizing."

I have made an honest effort to engage you with civility, and this is your answer. Well, I'm done with you. In the sad absence of an Ignore button, I'm just gonna pretend you don't exist from now on, and I advise everyone else to do the same until you man up and apologise to Tony. And Perf too. To perdition with you, you toxic little toad.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2013, 04:56:55 AM »
In the sad absence of an Ignore button,
Click "Profile" at the top of the page. Hover over "Modify Profile" then hover over "Buddies/Ignore list" and click on "Edit Ignore List". Put their name in.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2013, 08:03:13 AM »
Click "Profile" at the top of the page. Hover over "Modify Profile" then hover over "Buddies/Ignore list" and click on "Edit Ignore List". Put their name in.

Aha. Thanks for the tip.

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2013, 04:47:02 PM »
(I apologise to everyone for this unpleasant scene. Please overlook this.)

"I'm simply tired of the never ending Orwellian Hate Week that is taking place here."

Frog, I dunno what you've you've seen or think you've seen. You were speaking to the guy who has worked so hard to keep us together, and you just compared the community he founded to a brutal totalitarian dictatorship.

How dare you!

How dare you strut in here and say that to Tony? You ought'a be slapped! What have you contributed to this community besides sowing discord and throwing around insults? This is not the place for your childish 4-chan games. We're trying to accomplish something here.

Perfidus called you on it with far more politeness than you deserve, and you relied like a snotty six year old.

"...put some effort into sounding a tad bit less patronizing."

I have made an honest effort to engage you with civility, and this is your answer. Well, I'm done with you. In the sad absence of an Ignore button, I'm just gonna pretend you don't exist from now on, and I advise everyone else to do the same until you man up and apologise to Tony. And Perf too. To perdition with you, you toxic little toad.

Meh. Unfortunately I don't see the things the way you do, but I suppose we should both be used to that by now.

But don't worry, I won't be upsetting you any longer. I was opting to be a part of a community devoted to a game, but got a religious movement instead. Shouldn't really be surprised: this is internet - a lot of silly stuff is happening here. But hey! Who am I to tell you how to have your fun? So... You may save your righteous ramblings for the next heretic to come. I don't want to have anything to do with post-CoH community again.

Frog's signing out.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »
I wish it didn't have to be that way. Wish we could've all calmed down on both sides. The loss of any member in our ranks is a loss.

I'm sorry, Frog, and best of luck wherever you find yourself. If our movement succeeds, I hope to see you back.

HarvesterOfEyes

• Lieutenant
  • Mine is to collect from the wicked.
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2013, 05:15:20 PM »
You may save your righteous ramblings for the next heretic to come. I don't want to have anything to do with post-CoH community again.

Frog's signing out.
Seriously?

...coming from the poster who hijacked threads to accuse people of heinous thought-crimes for which there was no atonement possible?

I just wish the mods hadn't deleted some of his/her/its more extreme junior-achievement-imperial-grand-inquisitor posts.

He/she/it really needs to grow some capacity for honest introspection. (That is assuming he/she/it is actually serious, which I doubt.)

This is probably just another hijacking. Making his/her/itself out to be the victim is just classic, but at this stage a real bore. I'd like to believe we're done with that sort of post but sock-puppets are easy enough to make.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2013, 05:42:57 PM »
You ought'a be slapped! What have you contributed to this community besides sowing discord and throwing around insults?

To be fair, his strawberry tarts are out of this world.

But don't worry, I won't be upsetting you any longer. I was opting to be a part of a community devoted to a game, but got a religious movement instead. Shouldn't really be surprised: this is internet - a lot of silly stuff is happening here. But hey! Who am I to tell you how to have your fun? So... You may save your righteous ramblings for the next heretic to come. I don't want to have anything to do with post-CoH community again.

Frog's signing out.

Right, because there are no other threads about anything else anywhere to be found here at all?

Folks, I'm going to say this again.  There are people here who want to see NCsoft boiled in oil.  I personally don't like the company myself (although to be fair, shout-out to the GM team, they're awesome; I'm referring to the corporate offices in Korea).  There are anti-NCsoft threads, and that's not going to stop in the foreseeable future.  Consider yourself warned.

However, that is not the sole purpose of the Titan Network.  In fact, in spite of my own personal feelings towards NCsoft, there is a thread dedicated specifically to former CoH players who are now playing Guild Wars 2.  And yes, people have posted anti-NCsoft posts there.  And yes, we have moderated them because it's disruptive.  So please, spare me the lectures and comparisons to Orwell, and no matter how many ragequit posts I read, you're not going to make me feel one iota of guilt or convince me to start shutting down people who are peacefully expressing their anger and disappointment with NCsoft without disrupting others.  Funny thing, to me it would be more Orwellian of me to start locking threads, deleting posts, and otherwise telling people what to think or say when they're not causing any harm or disruption to discussion, yet apparently that's what some people expect me to do.

It's really simple.  If you don't agree with the anti-NCsoft crowd, then find other threads to read and post in.  It's not like they're hard to find.  This particular forum, "Save Paragon City!", is specifically dedicated to ideas and discussion around getting NCsoft to change their mind and release the game IP.  That's not going to happen with people sitting around doing nothing, and all of our positive efforts have been rebuffed, so it's not unreasonable to expect many of the posts here to focus on how to negatively affect NCsoft to the point where they will let the IP go to stop the negative publicity.  If you have better ideas, by all means, please post them!  (Just be forewarned that "Just let it go..." is probably also not going to meet a warm reception in the "Save Paragon City!" forum.)

If you want to leave the Titan Network because of anti-NCsoft posts in this forum, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.  I'm not saying that I want you to go, but I won't lose any sleep over it because to be brutally honest, if you come to this particular forum and you're offended by anti-NCsoft posts, that's your problem, not mine.  Why aren't you contributing to pitching City of Heroes to other companies?  Why aren't you participating in discussions about the comic medium in general?  Why are you seeking other former CoH players to play other games with?  Why aren't you contributing to a successor to City of Heroes?  Why aren't you discussing the future of the Paragon Wiki now that CoH is shut down?

If instead of doing any of these or many other things that are topics of discussion you deliberately choose to come into threads that are about a topic that you know you're probably not going to enjoy reading or participating in, hey, I really don't have any issue with that, either.  Spirited discussion and even civil arguments--including dissenting viewpoints--are welcome and encouraged.  If you're under the impression that I'm going to shut down conversation because someone has a disagreement, though, I can tell you that's not going to happen.  I'm sorry if that's the standard by which you just a community worth participating in, but that's not how we roll here.  If we were so anti-NCsoft, why do you think we haven't moderated any of your posts?

The kind of funny thing is, I just had another ragequit a week ago for precisely the opposite reason; someone was all hurt and upset because we moderated their posts for using an offensive derogatory term.  If I were more fragile, I'd give up, under the impression that I just can't win.  As it is, though, I'm just arrogant enough to know when I'm right about something, and a few things I know I'm right about are that not everyone here is anti-NCsoft, there are plenty of discussions that have nothing to do with NCsoft at all, and accusations of being Orwellian aren't going to get very far when we moderate as little as we do.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »
It is the internet Tony, many of the rage quitters will just come back under a new profile and act like a completely new person in a week.

I have been ticked off at stuff before - but you know what I have damn near punched my brother before as well and I love him dearly. If you can't understand that people see the world in a different way than you and often for good reasons - then the internet will beat you down, skin you and eat you.

For 99.999999% of the creatures in the universe having a bad day means you got eaten - here it means you have a hissy fit.

SARobb

• Boss
  • Rawr.
« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »
For 99.999999% of the creatures in the universe having a bad day means you got eaten
:o
*ponders this as he pauses glancing down at the spoonful of chunky chicken soup*

... daaaang ....

Stand up for what you beleive in - even if you are standing alone

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »
crap, we lost the Frog.

He been here since the get go supporting the movement, seemed to have no fear speaking his mind, even if it was against the grain of what everyone think, and sad to see him go on such terms.

While it was only one person, not the first and probably wont be the last, we really should, as a whole, be a bit more open to differing opinions without jumping down each other throat. Yeah I know, people SAY the yare open to differing opinions but their actions sometimes speak different. Not pointing fingers and even I am trying to always remember that each person have two sets of eyes and what they eyes see and think and feel may be totally different than what my eyes seen in my 28 years.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:49:37 PM by JaguarX »