Author Topic: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images  (Read 111400 times)

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
Re: MMOKiller/GameKiller meme images
« Reply #200 on: February 04, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »
Coup, while I of course love the anti-NCSoft memes, it's nice to see positive, pro-CoH ones too.

Point taken. Will do!  :D
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2013, 08:36:21 PM »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 08:47:26 PM by Colette »

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2013, 08:53:58 PM »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2013, 08:57:45 PM »

Amazing! This is so fitting with what I have witnessed happening on these forums it's not even funny. I absolutely love it!

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2013, 11:04:02 PM »
Very neatly done, Lady Shin.

"I absolutely love it!"

Nice of you to say. I wonder if you know the source material? Virtual cookie to the first to ID the image.  :)

"This is so fitting with what I have witnessed happening on these forums..."

Little vague, though. What have you witnessed?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:18:44 PM by Colette »

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2013, 11:11:23 PM »
Is it Wicker Man?

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2013, 11:14:05 PM »
"I absolutely love it!"

Nice of you to say. I wonder if you know the source material? Virtual cookie to the first to ID the image.  :)

Is it Frankenstien's Monster? Or some frankenstien movie? It seems vaguely familiar.
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:12 PM »
Virtual cookie goes to LT Couper, the man holding a torch. Thank you for making me happy.  ;D The iconic ending to the Karloff Frankenstein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoL6a37d1Rg
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:49:31 PM by Colette »

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2013, 11:38:19 PM »
"This is so fitting with what I have witnessed happening on these forums..."

Little vague, though. What have you witnessed?

Why, angry mobs with torches, of course.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:03 PM »
Yeah... they were friendly, rather wistful protests at first, standing around with torches on the steps of Paragon City Hall. I remember when the mood turned angry, and I warned folks that there'd be no turning back once we crossed that line. But we crossed it long ago, for better or worse. It's a community of fighters, and a few banal, halfhearted words from some corporate spin-doctor aren't going to placate us.

It looks like NCSoft's windmill is going up. Well, you sow what you reap. At least they won't be around to stop us when we pick up their Abandonware.

Glad you finally approve of one of my images.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2013, 12:17:41 AM »
Why, angry mobs with torches, of course.
I know you're trying really hard to skirt the green-skinned fairy-tale creature line, but be honest with yourself: Titan forums is not a place for angry mobs with torches. At most there's a few people here who are kind of on the batshit side of things. Most of us, though, are pretty moderate and we don't want to burn NCsoft at the stake.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2013, 12:32:22 AM »
I don't think angry mobs with torches equals batshit. That's kind of a leap.

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2013, 12:41:32 AM »
I know you're trying really hard to skirt the green-skinned fairy-tale creature line, but be honest with yourself: Titan forums is not a place for angry mobs with torches.

I am green and I talk. It's easy to take me for one of the creatures in question.

At most there's a few people here who are kind of on the batshit side of things. Most of us, though, are pretty moderate and we don't want to burn NCsoft at the stake.

I know. Please note that I am not saying that these forums are like that, only that I keep witnessing certain behaviors here. Naturally it is to be expected as some people take it harder than others. What surprises me, however, is the reaction of the community or lack of thereof. That makes me somewhat bitter and prone to making snarky comments. I suppose I need to up my dose of zen.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2013, 01:38:29 AM »
Taking a moment for self-reflection...

I create these memes as tools to damage NCSoft. I started making them on shutdown-day. It's my contribution to our cause. They're calculated to have an effect, without saying anything unbecoming.

Now I have no illusions that my efforts, or the efforts of the entire CoH community, are behind NCSoft's apparent misfortunes. But we sure aren't helping. If I was an American stockbroker, and my Google of NCSoft led me to this site, I'd never even consider this company.

If current NCSoft stock trends continue, I expect a lot of people will be out of work. I regret this.

Nonetheless, and I think I can speak for a lot of the people here, I'm tired of corporate arrogance. Wanna make a profit? Fine. Wanna throw your customers away like used tissue? Don't like it. Wanna rip 'em off one last time before you pull the plug? Line crossed! (Honestly, I wouldn't be here if they hadn't put Nature Mastery up three days before the announcement. Whether or not that was a simple screw up, that kind of cheating makes me mad. Then they had the nerve to post that patronizing "...game and community will remain forever in our memories and hearts..." treacle on their shutdown screen. Grr! )

Our actions here at Save CoH constitute a kind of civil disobedience. We are making our displeasure known, and that's our right. We have broken no laws, and we certainly aren't inciting violence. If I may speak for us, we are a virtual mob carrying virtual torches against a fictitious business entity.

V was right: ideas are bulletproof. The only way to defeat an idea is with another idea. Ours is, "customers deserve to be treated fairly."

The second NCSoft transfers the CoH IP to a better caretaker, I will delete these images and ask that this entire thread be erased, and I won't waste another second thinking about them. And if I was a person in authority at NCSoft, I'd drop CoH like a radioactive, carcinogenic rock. Because we here at Save CoH may be having more of an effect than they realize.

...or even we realize.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:18:55 AM by Colette »

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2013, 02:07:40 AM »
I know. Please note that I am not saying that these forums are like that, only that I keep witnessing certain behaviors here. Naturally it is to be expected as some people take it harder than others. What surprises me, however, is the reaction of the community or lack of thereof. That makes me somewhat bitter and prone to making snarky comments. I suppose I need to up my dose of zen.

It's called negative publicity.  I warned NCsoft repeatedly that it was what they were facing by making the decision they did, and then not releasing the IP to be acquired by the former employees of Paragon Studios.  I'm not sure exactly what "negative publicity" means to you, but this is pretty much right in line with what I expected.

And be honest, as far a s negative publicity goes, this is hardly carrying torches.  Maybe it's because I've lived in places where there were coal miner strikes that got very ugly--as in, people slashing tires, vandalizing property, using physical intimidation and threats, even to the point where people were injured and killed, but to my knowledge, no one here has even done anything illegal, and no one is trying to incite a literal riot.  So accusations that people are going overboard and complaints that "Goshdarnit, some of those pictures are just plain mean!" are kind of lost on me.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2013, 02:13:53 AM »
"...people slashing tires, vandalizing property, using physical intimidation and threats...."

Oh yeah! I'd totally bail if the movement started down that path. There's no point in my preaching about them breaking the spirit of their contract if we start crossing worse lines.

...actually, lemme amend that, I wouldn't leave. This community is idealistic enough that if anyone ever actually crossed a line like that, they'd be banned and gone faster than the Speed of Bad News.

"...complaints that 'Goshdarnit, some of those pictures are just plain mean!' are kind of lost on me."

Thank'ya, on behalf of Coup, Shin, me, and the rest. :: Bows. ::
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:48:53 AM by Colette »

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2013, 03:02:47 AM »
It's called negative publicity.  I warned NCsoft repeatedly that it was what they were facing by making the decision they did, and then not releasing the IP to be acquired by the former employees of Paragon Studios.  I'm not sure exactly what "negative publicity" means to you, but this is pretty much right in line with what I expected.

And be honest, as far a s negative publicity goes, this is hardly carrying torches.  Maybe it's because I've lived in places where there were coal miner strikes that got very ugly--as in, people slashing tires, vandalizing property, using physical intimidation and threats, even to the point where people were injured and killed, but to my knowledge, no one here has even done anything illegal, and no one is trying to incite a literal riot.  So accusations that people are going overboard and complaints that "Goshdarnit, some of those pictures are just plain mean!" are kind of lost on me.

Just because someone goes overboard way more doesn't make being overboard any better. But I wasn't referring to negative publicity. I'm simply tired of the never ending Orwellian Hate Week that is taking place here.

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2013, 03:11:41 AM »
I think you're oversaying it a little, Frog. I mean yeah, there was a -lot- of that in the early weeks since the closing, but much of it has since died down. I'm not seeing as much of that caustic stuff that was flung around all willy nilly like originally.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2013, 03:46:33 AM »
"I'm simply tired of the never ending Orwellian Hate Week that is taking place here."

Dude, there's a crater where that horse use'ta be.

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2013, 04:10:16 AM »
I think you're oversaying it a little, Frog. I mean yeah, there was a -lot- of that in the early weeks since the closing, but much of it has since died down. I'm not seeing as much of that caustic stuff that was flung around all willy nilly like originally.

Possibly. As I mentioned, I am somewhat bitter. It could be making me oversensitive to certain stuff.