Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7345360 times)

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #720 on: April 26, 2014, 12:12:41 AM »
I certainly make AP a stop!

Imma gonna roll a new toon and get the exploration badges. I can get almost all of them without stealth. A few zones are tough without it, but if I have SS it's totally doable.

Really depends on how the game comes back. If I haz all my stuffz, I'm good to go.

Otherwise, I'll just play for drops and list it at the market. With 0 inventory, common stuff will sell very well. I'll need a fortune to build or re-build a new base.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

Biz

• Boss
« Reply #721 on: April 26, 2014, 12:49:54 AM »
Question to Azrael about your most recent post.

Just out of my own ignorance, I've never heard any mention of a retention rate for CoH. 90% is incredible!! Where is that number coming from? Also I can't agree more with your statement about playing CoH until hell froze over.

HEATSTROKE

• Lovin' bein' an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2014, 01:17:06 AM »
I hope the Paragon Market will be active.. Ill will definitely be spending some points up in there..

Triage IV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #723 on: April 26, 2014, 01:25:29 AM »
I wonder...if they didn't get the player saved data, might they still get the player-saved AE building data?  Or, is all the player-saved stuff in one category while the dev created (and saved) stuff in another?
Waiting for the day Paragon returns.

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #724 on: April 26, 2014, 01:30:55 AM »
Question to Azrael about your most recent post.

Just out of my own ignorance, I've never heard any mention of a retention rate for CoH. 90% is incredible!! Where is that number coming from? Also I can't agree more with your statement about playing CoH until hell froze over.
I was told 97% retention.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #725 on: April 26, 2014, 01:52:27 AM »
Yeah... I don't want to say most CoHers are pretty loyal... buuut....
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #726 on: April 26, 2014, 03:10:57 AM »
Yeah... I don't want to say most CoHers are pretty loyal... buuut....

Yeah, just look at how many of us are still on these forums a year gone from the "death" of our game. And this news from Ironwolf is only about a week old, so that had nothing to do with it. We're all bound by a love for our city and the adventures we had there, and if anyone really truly played COH then they know the feeling too.

In fact, if this buyer succeeds and we get a re-opened game, I'd be curious if they would be open to the idea of a life-time subscription option for the original COH and, when/if it is actualized, COH2. I know I'd certainly drop a couple hundred dollars on a permanent subscription if it meant full access to all content and any new costume/power options that were released. It would certainly ease the pain of re-establishment if our customer data is gone.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #727 on: April 26, 2014, 03:13:20 AM »
I just want my home back....I am SO pulling for success.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #728 on: April 26, 2014, 03:15:24 AM »
I wouldn't get a lifetime sub... Mainly because it'd be unlikely that I'd have that much money sitting around all at once. :\

Also, I think CoH is the one MMO where I might not get a lifetime sub just on the basis that It would mean the studio would only be getting 200, instead of like 1200. lol.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #729 on: April 26, 2014, 03:32:47 AM »
I know, I'd been waiting for a moment like this for a while.  I'll be able and very glad to move back to CoX from CO, especially since some people i met at CO were more then willing to try CoX now, some who felt it hard but, go figure, they could learn with vets like me around.

Edit: Heck, i'd cancel my CO sub the moment it was announced that City of heroes was starting back up, and plan to, since, well I fall asleep when playing that game, yeah.....thats not a good thing.  Didn't fall asleep playing city of heroes, cause it was fun.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #730 on: April 26, 2014, 03:35:21 AM »
Yeah, I'm sorta with Irish girl.

The only reason that I ever got one for the other's that I have is that I kept thinking that they would be like CoH and I would actually want to play for a lifetime and to avoid monthly subscription fees because I had to keep paying for CoH while I was playing them. None of them were even close.

I now know that CoH is the only game I feel that way about and so while I will likely try other games in the future, I know it will probably only be for a few months.

Also while the idea of a lifetime subscription sounds cool, in the end you usually get disappointed.

(Free points to spend in the store! But we stopped creating new stuff for the store and those points can't be spent to buy newly developed content. Huzzah! We radically changed the game you bought a subscription to! Suck it!)

Ironically, the only game that I've played where it would actually be worth it is City of Heroes.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

JKPhage

• Lieutenant
« Reply #731 on: April 26, 2014, 04:06:28 AM »
Edit: Heck, i'd cancel my CO sub the moment it was announced that City of heroes was starting back up, and plan to, since, well I fall asleep when playing that game, yeah.....thats not a good thing.  Didn't fall asleep playing city of heroes, cause it was fun.

I frequently fell asleep playing City of Heroes, because I'd play for 8+ hours straight and at around 6 AM when I woke to find my character running full speed into a corner for the umpteenth time I'd decide it was time to finally go to bed. :p

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #732 on: April 26, 2014, 05:41:44 AM »
Regarding the active discussion going on in this thread: I would like to think seeing a number of people already jumping to such active talking about what the resulting game(s) from this effort should or shouldn't be would give potential investors hope and a sign that there really is still an active City of Heroes community, and that's a really good thing.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #733 on: April 26, 2014, 07:18:26 AM »
I think the fear, rational or not, is that too much "noise" would signal the other side of the table that what they have is still valuable. It definitely is, but we don't want to see our enthusiasm used as leverage on the "wrong" side of the table.

That said, my altoholism is itching like a smack addict whose dealer got picked up, so I know I'm looking forward to rolling up whatever crazy-assed concept pops into my head when I fire up the character creator in the real game, with the old theme music playing in another window, and jump head first into some sewer trials, regardless of whether any of my old toons are there!

Christmas in the Chalet! /em holdtorch  :D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #734 on: April 26, 2014, 09:46:40 AM »
I think the fear, rational or not, is that too much "noise" would signal the other side of the table that what they have is still valuable. It definitely is, but we don't want to see our enthusiasm used as leverage on the "wrong" side of the table.

Yeah, it's hard to know how to balance our reaction.

Hey NCSoft, that old dusty game you have is probably worthless by now.  If you can make even 2 dollars on it you'd be lucky.

Pssst... Hey investors...  Shhhh, come over here where we can talk in private...  Yeah, we'd pay you a monthly fee just to keep CoX playable as it was in maintenance mode...

Cobra Man

• Boss
« Reply #735 on: April 26, 2014, 12:12:46 PM »

That said, my altoholism is itching like a smack addict whose dealer got picked up, so I know I'm looking forward to rolling up whatever crazy-assed concept pops into my head when I fire up the character creator in the real game, with the old theme music playing in another window, and jump head first into some sewer trials, regardless of whether any of my old toons are there!

Christmas in the Chalet! /em holdtorch  :D

That would be nice :)

AlienOne

• HumanZero
  • Elite Boss
  • Resident Kheldian
« Reply #736 on: April 26, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »
Did this thread get hidden? If I look for the "Task Force Hail Mary" forum thread, it's not listed on the main forum page....

Just wondering...

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 01:42:23 PM by AlienOne »
"What COH did was to show [developers of other] MMOs what they could be like if they gave up on controlling everything in the game, and just made it something great to play."  - Johnny Joy Bringer

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #737 on: April 26, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
Did this thread get hidden? If I look for the "Task Force Hail Mary" forum thread, it's not listed on the main forum page....

Just wondering...

Showing up for me, have you clicked the + or - sign on the right handside to expand or close?

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #738 on: April 26, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »

Looks like your 'Save Paragon City' section got collapsed somehow. Click the '+' symbol over on the right next to Unread Posts, that should open it back up and let you see it again.

Edit: Ninja'd! hehe

Solitaire

• Elite Boss
  • Badge Hunting
« Reply #739 on: April 26, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »
Looks like your 'Save Paragon City' section got collapsed somehow. Click the '+' symbol over on the right next to Unread Posts, that should open it back up and let you see it again.

Edit: Ninja'd! hehe

You mean Stalker'd  :P