Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79487 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »
Had another random thought.

After The Flash saves his younger self and runs off, what does he do after that?  Personally, I would probably go back to the house to see what's going on or try to save Mom.  Since Barry's dad was still at the house, did the Flash and Mr. Allen have a conversation? 

Does Barry's dad know more about that night than he's saying?  Not necessarily anything sinister, but perhaps he's keeping his mouth shut because the Flash asked him to.

I have a suspicion that Henry knew in the future. There was one episode where he was talking to Barry about the Flash and it sounded like he was talking like he knew it was Barry. And he wasn't exactly shocked when Barry removed his hood, like he expected it would be him.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2015, 05:03:21 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So we're supposed to believe that the probably multi-billion dollar armored suit designed by the supposed genius is not only not watertight but shorts out and catastrophically fails if it comes into contact with water? I can't tell if they're trying to stick with comic book logic that water always beats electricity or if they just think the audience is stupid.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2015, 01:33:12 PM »
Also:

Spoiler for Hidden:
The bees can't get through the suit, except for your exposed jaw...

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So we're supposed to believe that the probably multi-billion dollar armored suit designed by the supposed genius is not only not watertight but shorts out and catastrophically fails if it comes into contact with water? I can't tell if they're trying to stick with comic book logic that water always beats electricity or if they just think the audience is stupid.

Well, I assume the recent developments on Arrow, with Palmer getting injected with nanobots that shrink things, will lead to him getting the traditional Atom shrinking powers and the robot suit will then be abandoned.  Well, except for a belt to control the nanobots.  I hope.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2015, 11:04:27 PM »
Isn't this a sort of demotion for the actor?

From playing Superman to playing the Atom.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2015, 11:53:24 PM »
in theory it's a demotion, but once you were in superman returns everything is a step up.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #266 on: April 16, 2015, 12:58:49 AM »
in theory it's a demotion, but once you were in superman returns everything is a step up.

So true. At first I didn't even realize who it was. I just thought he looked familiar, but wasn't sure from what.

And with the being 'so tall' jokes - its only a matter of time he gets to be the REAL Atom like in the comics.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #267 on: April 16, 2015, 05:52:47 AM »
It also just dawned on me that so far they made the Atom into Iron Man - rich genius inventor with a robotic suit that flies and has weapons.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #268 on: April 16, 2015, 12:56:45 PM »
As I understand, they initially wanted Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), but were denied.  http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54363 

Spoiler for Hidden:
I loved the head-fake of Roy "dying" only to be brought back and then Thea being "killed" for the cliffhanger.  Those dirty dogs!

Seeing as Ra's' gambit to get Oliver arrested failed, he's going to use the Lazarus Pit as leverage for healing Thea to get Oliver to agree.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #269 on: April 16, 2015, 12:58:47 PM »

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »
Isn't this a sort of demotion for the actor?

From playing Superman to playing the Atom.

When he played Superman, he was imitating Christopher Reeve playing Superman.  But, he now *owns* Ray Palmer.  Anybody playing Palmer in the future will now be imitating Brandon Routh playing Ray Palmer.  I'm sure that's much more rewarding as an actor.

He's been so good they're talking spin-off now.

:o

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:46:57 PM by hurple »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »
As I understand, they initially wanted Blue Beetle (Ted Kord), but were denied.  http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54363 

Hmm, wonder what the other plans are for BB. Would prefer having the Jaime Reyes version anyway, but i do remember Kord industries showing up in Flash or Arrow and wondering if they'd stick him in at some point.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2015, 09:40:34 PM »
Hmm, wonder what the other plans are for BB. Would prefer having the Jaime Reyes version anyway, but i do remember Kord industries showing up in Flash or Arrow and wondering if they'd stick him in at some point.

I think the personality that they're using for Ray in the CW Universe would have fit Ted Kord much better IMO.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »
The inferiority complex they're giving him is good for atom though.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #276 on: April 27, 2015, 08:21:10 AM »
The way he looked in the photograph toward the end of "Who is Harrison Wells" (episode 19), did Cisco remind anyone else of Dave Lister?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #277 on: April 27, 2015, 02:38:57 PM »
The way he looked in the photograph toward the end of "Who is Harrison Wells" (episode 19), did Cisco remind anyone else of Dave Lister?

Ha Ha!  Yes!  I thought that, exactly.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #278 on: April 27, 2015, 03:52:43 PM »
Ha Ha!  Yes!  I thought that, exactly.

Everybody is dead Dave.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »
Here's a bit of show information that I happened across: the voice of Gideon is provided by none other than the incomparably-lovely Morena Baccarin, who voiced Black Canary on the Justice League Unlimited animated series. She's uncredited on The Flash, but it IS on her IMDB page.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.