Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79489 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2015, 05:54:00 AM »
Who says i'm not including the Top? i said almost out - so top, mirror master and trickster seem like the really prime flash villains they haven't had yet. i'd love if they did some of the lulzier villains though. one of the funnier things in jlu was luthor's reaction to goldface.

I do hope they have some more villains that aren't flash specific. I think vandal savage would be great on there, as it doesn't look like they're going the mastermind direction with grod (at least from last week's teaser. i haven't seen this week's yet).

Vandal Savage is too good for TV.  Maybe they could get his cousin Randy.

Oh yeah, I went there.   ;D

Seriously, though, so far I think the villains have been kinda hit or miss.  Some have been great (Pied Piper) and some meh (Weather Wizard).  Would love to see Savage, or Mirror Master. 

But, I am seriously still pissed they used Boomer on Arrow rather than Flash.  They think a guy throwing sticks isn't enough of a threat for a guy that can run faster than sound?   :roll:

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2015, 06:01:36 AM »
Vandal Savage is too good for TV.  Maybe they could get his cousin Randy.

Too soon? Ohhhh yeeeaaaahhhhh!!!

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2015, 05:48:36 AM »
Harrison... Okay - DEFINITELY Reverse Flash - at least ONE of them. Confirmed now.

And hoo-boy is he a manipulative ruthless bastard... but he also figured his team and Ronnie could get Dr. Stein OUT of what he got him into.

He's not just playing Xanatos Gambits at grand-master level, he's playing - dare I say it -

XANATOS SPEED CHESS. :D

Love the WILLING fusion and the much upgraded and in control Firestorm! And yes - the stabilizer rig is a wonderful homage to the original costume.

And talk about an actor gag... ONCE AGAIN Clancy Brown gets on the bad side of Grodd!  :D

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »
I am so loving this show and "Arrow"!
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2015, 10:27:30 AM »
Just saw "The Nuclear Man" episode.  Loved the quantum splicer design being a callback to the comic book costume.

The Linda Park thing is making my brain twitch, however.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2015, 03:06:18 PM »
So... Why exactly was Dr. Stein hanging out near the particle accelerator with the Firestorm matrix when they turned it on?  I feel like this very relevant question has been glossed over.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I feel like Wells is making mental notes on when and where he needs to go back in time to take care of problems or adjust the timeline.  I suspect that the Wells that kidnapped Eilling isn't the same one as the present day. He has been in two places at once before.

Grodd looked awesome!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2015, 03:59:45 PM »
After tonight I am also 100% sure they are doing the "Flashpoint" story line - Barry saves his mom and the whole future is changed.

Great season cliffhanger.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2015, 02:33:23 AM »
Loved last night's episode.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Especially the Grodd bit.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2015, 05:43:11 AM »
Someone pointed out a couple of 4th wall jokes during the episode, in rapid succession.  Caitlin pipes up and says that "it's just another Tuesday" when discussing that episodes craziness and Cisco mentions poison gas guy and when Ronny acted astonished about it Cisco replied "that was like week 3".

I think that ranks up there with Caitlin berating Cisco about the boomerang in the background during the Plastique episode.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »
BTW - if anyone doesn't get what I meant by "Xanatos Speed Chess", I was referencing the following set of tropes:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2015, 02:28:07 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Next weeks's preview looks like the jig is up for Harrison Wells.  Gonna be good!

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »
Watching the show weekly, but already ordered the Season 1 Blu-Ray.  Yup, I like this show.

On a scale of 1 to Red Dwarf, I'd say it ranks a solid Newhart.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2015, 10:33:45 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Next weeks's preview looks like the jig is up for Harrison Wells.  Gonna be good!

Spoiler for Hidden:
Tough to jig while keeping the wheelchair ruse going.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2015, 07:02:33 PM »
(snip)
And talk about an actor gag... ONCE AGAIN Clancy Brown gets on the bad side of Grodd!  :D

Playing two characters who run afoul of Grodd. He really needs to have a talk with his agent; he's being typecast.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2015, 11:32:05 PM »
Playing two characters who run afoul of Grodd. He really needs to have a talk with his agent; he's being typecast.
But when he was Luthor, he did eventually end up spacing Grodd.  So you know... he did get payback
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2015, 04:09:31 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Really hoping that Wells's involvement with Grodd means he's steering Flash toward creating an alternate reality in which a Grodd-led legion can thrive. Really loved Grodd's legion in JLU with the whole villain co-op idea. Gotta say though I prefer the brandy snifter/interspecies dating Grodd to the lives in the sewers Grodd.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2015, 04:19:33 AM »
BTW - if anyone doesn't get what I meant by "Xanatos Speed Chess", I was referencing the following set of tropes:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit

If anyone doesn't know they aren't cool enough to be here. :p

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #157 on: February 21, 2015, 04:24:02 AM »
If anyone doesn't know they aren't cool enough to be here. :p
On the contrary. We are inclusive here. You don't have to be a comics nerd to like the show.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #158 on: February 23, 2015, 01:20:02 AM »
Something else for "Fallout"

Spoiler for Hidden:
After Wells betrays Stein with the drugged whiskey, why was there no mention of this later and they seemed to be on good terms?  I suppose this was an explanation that got cut, but I'm not sure I'd be so forgiving of someone who drugged me and gave me to a homicidal army guy who tried to kill me without a really good explanation.

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #159 on: February 23, 2015, 01:38:01 AM »
Something else for "Fallout"

Spoiler for Hidden:
After Wells betrays Stein with the drugged whiskey, why was there no mention of this later and they seemed to be on good terms?  I suppose this was an explanation that got cut, but I'm not sure I'd be so forgiving of someone who drugged me and gave me to a homicidal army guy who tried to kill me without a really good explanation.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I read it as Stein not even having known what exactly happened. I mean - if you get drugged and knocked out, how clear are your memories of the time right before you lost consciousness later? I've been under general anesthesia a couple of times in my life, and my memory of the moments directly before I went under completely are not reliable, I can tell you.

For all Stein knew, Eiling knocked out Wells as well as himself. In fact if Wells is smart (and he is) I'd expect him to play it just like that. "Sorry Stein, they got me too."