Author Topic: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)  (Read 79489 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash! (spoilers probably eventually)
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2015, 09:36:57 PM »
Maybe the accelerator is still working and they're moving at light speed and time has stopped for them?

Yeah, I got nothing.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2015, 12:52:51 AM »
Well it's not like any of them stay locked up for more than a few days.  Typical super villain prison.

Meanwhile I'm thinking of a possible future story line and I'm really hoping they do it.  I want them to do a variation of the Flashpoint Paradox story line.  He saves his mom, and the present winds up screwed up just like in Flashpoint.  Only instead of teaming up with Thomas Wayne as Batman he teams up with Robert Queen as Arrow.  Central City controlled by the Rogues Gallery and Sterling City under control of the LoA.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2015, 01:21:53 AM »
Well it's not like any of them stay locked up for more than a few days.  Typical super villain prison.

Meanwhile I'm thinking of a possible future story line and I'm really hoping they do it.  I want them to do a variation of the Flashpoint Paradox story line.  He saves his mom, and the present winds up screwed up just like in Flashpoint.  Only instead of teaming up with Thomas Wayne as Batman he teams up with Robert Queen as Arrow.  Central City controlled by the Rogues Gallery and Sterling City under control of the LoA.

I have been saying this since day one. Most likely could be the season cliffhanger.
The whole premise with the Reverse Flash, his mom's murder has Flashpoint written all over it.
And I bet in this alternate timeline the two people he works with will become Killer Frost and Vibe since they are named after those characters.

And I will call it right now: Barry has to either stop himself from stopping his mom being killed or he has to kill her himself to bring the timeline back to the way it was.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2015, 09:17:08 PM »
One thing bothered me in a recent episode:  Why take the Pied Piper to Star Labs at all?  He doesn't appear to be a meta-human. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2015, 09:48:41 PM »
Barnes and Noble has a free Fridays thing, and this week has a bonus eBook about DC on TV.  Seems like it's probably a purely promotional thing, but it's free, probably until Monday:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dce-on-tv-dc-comics/1120337273?ean=2940045896375

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook-blog/category/free-fridays/

Speaking of book tie-ins, I was glancing at the Flash wiki, and I guess there's a comic (Arrow has one too). Has anyone read it?

Late reply but I just glanced at this thread for the first time. I've read all of both flash season zero and arrow season 2.5 (haven't read the initial arrow run from season 1, have it but just haven't bothered). they take about 2 minutes each to read if that and they're actually a bit better written than the shows :P oh and the brother blood mask is drawn to look like dr. zoidberg which is full of win.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:55:08 PM by Vee »

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #125 on: February 07, 2015, 11:08:08 PM »
One thing bothered me in a recent episode:  Why take the Pied Piper to Star Labs at all?  He doesn't appear to be a meta-human.

So he could tell them about Ronnie Raymond and Stein.

Drama set-up 101.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #126 on: February 07, 2015, 11:48:23 PM »
"Because the writers said so" isn't a good reason - that is to say, it doesn't make sense within the context of the story.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2015, 03:04:00 AM »
Agreed. And the conditions they're holding them in would never do. Are they regularly fed? Do they get exercise? How about facilities? I don't see any bunks, sinks, or toilets in those cells.

I specifically read this thread just to see if anybody else was as bothered by that as I was.  All five of them (including Joe) are looking at life sentences on kidnapping charges -- you don't get to just lock up your enemies because you don't feel like telling the government about super powers -- I mean, you CAN, you're just a criminal for doing it.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2015, 03:45:51 AM »
I specifically read this thread just to see if anybody else was as bothered by that as I was.  All five of them (including Joe) are looking at life sentences on kidnapping charges -- you don't get to just lock up your enemies because you don't feel like telling the government about super powers -- I mean, you CAN, you're just a criminal for doing it.

Really after watching this show all season a little illegal imprisonment doesn't rank high on my list of facepalms, but yeah it's a bit ridiculous. Not only because of the legalities, but because it undermines the whole process of superheroing - the police etc.'s inability to keep supervillains locked up properly is necessary for the endless stream of returning villains they're going to need if they plan to do more than just this one season. They're already almost out of Flash villains as it is.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2015, 02:40:08 PM »
Perhaps they will realize this themselves at some point.  After all, Arrow was killing people in his first season. 

Ollie has his own prison, but it's at least administered by the government.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2015, 08:29:32 PM »
I confess I wondered about their (improvised) metahuman prison as well.  I understand why they're doing it (regular prisons can't hold these people and they're rampaging psychos), but how to they breathe?  How do they eat?  I don't see showers or bathroom facilities in those cells, nor any place to sleep.  They could still have their meta-prison setup, but as a previous poster suggested, best to have them be temporal stasis prison cells, which instantly solves all of these issues.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:45:45 AM by JanessaVR »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2015, 08:06:48 PM »
Oh how I hate cliffhangers. >:(
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2015, 09:29:20 PM »
I loved that the quantum splicer thingy looked just like his costume's symbol!

Next week's preview:
Spoiler for Hidden:
So we're going to get into time travel in the first season?  I got a bad feeling about this...

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2015, 10:08:35 PM »
They're already almost out of Flash villains as it is.

Are you kidding? They're not even close.

They've still got The Fiddler, The Thinker, Rag Doll, Shade, Thorn, Abra Kadabra, Golden Glider, Mirror Master (or was he in one already?), The Top, Trickster, Blacksmith, Brother Grimm, Kilg%re, The Turtle, Doctor Alchemy... and more.  And, they can give him other heroes enemies like they're doing for Green Arrow (anyone else pissed they used Captain Boomerang with GA instead of the Flash?)  They can give flash a few of Green Lantern's enemies... Evil Star, Evil-O, or Goldface...   Or, Atom villains... Bug-Eyed Bandit or Plant Master!

Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

My main problem is that I think the guy playing Eddie Thawn would have been a better Barry Allen than the guy playing Barry Allen.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2015, 10:19:54 PM »
Next week's preview:
Spoiler for Hidden:
So we're going to get into time travel in the first season?  I got a bad feeling about this...
Um...technically we got solidly into that territory at the end of the very first episode.  It's really only been a question as to when it would manifest more fully into the show.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2015, 10:48:21 PM »
They're already almost out of top tier Flash villains as it is.

Fixed

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2015, 11:50:33 PM »
Fixed

Hey!  Who are you to diss the Top?

;D

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2015, 12:35:26 AM »
Who says i'm not including the Top? i said almost out - so top, mirror master and trickster seem like the really prime flash villains they haven't had yet. i'd love if they did some of the lulzier villains though. one of the funnier things in jlu was luthor's reaction to goldface.

I do hope they have some more villains that aren't flash specific. I think vandal savage would be great on there, as it doesn't look like they're going the mastermind direction with grod (at least from last week's teaser. i haven't seen this week's yet).

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2015, 01:04:31 AM »
Um...technically we got solidly into that territory at the end of the very first episode.  It's really only been a question as to when it would manifest more fully into the show.
I am hoping this doesn't open the floodgates to wholesale usage.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2015, 01:43:02 AM »
They can give flash a few of Green Lantern's enemies... Evil Star, Evil-O, or Goldface...   Or, Atom villains... Bug-Eyed Bandit or Plant Master!

Spoiler for Hidden:
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov