Author Topic: Is it coming back? If so...  (Read 2648 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
Is it coming back? If so...
« on: November 02, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »
I've heard some rumors about it coming back. If so I have an idea.

You guys remember how Virtue was always the RP server? And the Freedom Server was always the "If you're an RPer go die" server?
I had a huge problem with this. I don't RP. I don't PvP. I'm a hardcore PvE person.
I remember sometime after Willpower came out everyone got a free server change. I logged on one day and everyone had gone to either freedom or virtue. I was really mad. All alone on Protector.

I'll get to the point. Since there was never any clear and active server for people with my playstyle. I propose that IF CoH should return that we have an Unofficial PvE server for people who don't like rp or pvp.

I knew TONS of people who ended up being forced to go to virtue or freedom simply to have someone to play with even though the communities of those servers didn't fit them.

If the game comes back. It would be awesome if before hand us non-rp-pvp people could decide on a home server.

Thanks :D Maybe someone should throw a vote on this or something.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:04:22 AM by ZoeyLovecraft90 »

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
Re: Is it coming back? Is so...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
Good luck!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
Re: Is it coming back? Is so...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 03:06:30 AM »
Considering we don't even know if there will be the same servers or not, might want to wait for more info.

Also, Virtue wasn't a solid RP-required zone.  I would go weeks without a decent RP group session.
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
Re: Is it coming back? If so...
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 05:30:04 AM »
I tended to play on Infinity mostly. But then, I'm a little anti-social. Or so I've been told by everyone in the house.  ???

One server I actively avoided was Freedom.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 07:48:28 AM »
Freedom was your hardcore pve/min-max/farming server.
If you wanted pvp... you had to actively look for it...not like it was a huge part of Freedom (or any server really).
People came to Freedom and Virtue because either they made friends there, they liked min-maxing, they liked RP, they liked the sheer number of players, etc. I left Guardian in 2005 because I tried Freedom out and was amazed how many more people were there...and basically never went back to Guardian.
I tried a few other servers (Exalted and Infinity) but neither felt right to me.

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 09:13:51 AM »
Freedom was your hardcore pve/min-max/farming server.
If you wanted pvp... you had to actively look for it...not like it was a huge part of Freedom (or any server really).
People came to Freedom and Virtue because either they made friends there, they liked min-maxing, they liked RP, they liked the sheer number of players, etc. I left Guardian in 2005 because I tried Freedom out and was amazed how many more people were there...and basically never went back to Guardian.
I tried a few other servers (Exalted and Infinity) but neither felt right to me.
Well. With me.. I sort of have an issue there. I sort of ACTIVELY avoid Roleplayers because honestly I find the practice sort of disturbing.
I'm not against rping happening though. And When I was trying freedom out I found that the pvper were more into farming and power leveling than actually playing the game. I played on virtue because I HAD to if I wanted to play with people and after great migration.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
I sort of ACTIVELY avoid Roleplayers because honestly I find the practice sort of disturbing.

Are you talking about playing pretend, and acting as your character would? Or are you talking about erotic RP, which is a different sort of thing? Because Virtue had the reputation of being a place to find ERP out in the open... but I know Pinnacle had the RP Congress, and it held itself to a T for Teen rating, and there was nothing disturbing about it.

Take this one from these forums: http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,9883.0.html A Titan member posted about a flier announcing Paragon City's line changes, and hoped that people would RP their characters' reactions to it. I guess what I'm getting it is: how is writing out "my character would say ____ to railway changes" disturbing?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:28:18 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Dinah Might

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »
You just described Champion server IMHO

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 01:50:21 AM »
Or are you talking about erotic RP, which is a different sort of thing? Because Virtue had the reputation of being a place to find ERP out in the open...

We pretty much shamed them into Pocket D during waking USA hours.  *shudder*  Before the devs reduced the distance you could 'hear' local conversations, I felt like I had to bathe in bleach every time I ran through the D.  *Maybe* there were some holdouts in Gemini Park, in Galaxy City (before i21)
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A