Author Topic: Ding Dong  (Read 9427 times)

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
Ding Dong
« on: September 25, 2013, 04:19:16 AM »
 :gonk: I just realized... I don't get to trick or treat this year. No hot new hamidon costumes for me!! :gonk:
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
Re: Ding Dong
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:25:05 AM »
 :gonk: I just realized... if a 50 foot tall monster appears outside a haunted house, I should RUN FOR MY LIFE! :gonk:
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 05:28:56 AM »
Well... You could always just wrap yourself in saran wrap, get some metal coat hangars and string to dangle some colored ping pong balls from, and go trick or treating in your neighborhood, but I'm pretty sure your neighbors will look at you funny if you do that.... They might call the cops too.... Or maybe some gentlemen in white coats who come bearing "I Love Me!" Jackets... Just saying... :P

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:25:11 AM »
Why I miss COH: Because 30 year old bald white men can't Trick-or-Treat in real life without looking pathetic.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:41:28 AM »
Nor will attackable enemies spawn randomly from doors you knock on, and even if they did you wouldn't gain experience, items or new superpowers by defeating them. :p

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »
Well....if I see stray pumpkins on the lawn......still not going anywhere NEAR them! :o

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 10:54:02 PM »
Well....if I see stray pumpkins on the lawn......still not going anywhere NEAR them! :o

I would, but that's because some small part of me wants a giant pumpkin headed monster to trample through town for giggles while I'm roasting marshmellows over the smoldering ruins...

I must miss Red side or something(it was a safe and legal way to vent rage, after all...)... :o

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »
Did they celebrate ToT on Red side?
If they did, who came out? heroes?  ;)

Cinnder

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »
Did they celebrate ToT on Red side?
If they did, who came out? heroes?  ;)

Yeah, every time I was ToTing with a villain and I got the message that was prelude to a reward, I felt it inappropriate: "You have been nice!"  Surely for a villain that should announce a penalty instead of a reward.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »
I'm reminiscing about the temp Costume powers; e.g. getting to look like a Storm Shaman or a Freak Show boss, etc. at will for a couple of weeks, while telling jokes with friends and SGmates while knocking on doors.  Yeah, Halloween CoH-style was awesome!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

ahmpizzedoff

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »
Why I miss COH: Because 30 year old bald white men can't Trick-or-Treat in real life without looking pathetic.

It's even worse when you're more than twice that age!  :o  ;D
Keeper of the toons from the SG, Sugar Coated Suicide, Freedom
Older'n Dirt and proud of it!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 07:05:44 PM »
That just means you have earned the right to TWICE as much fun!!!!!!
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

wyldhunt

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 06:09:40 PM »
See, there IS a reason to have kids - I can still dress up and go with them Trick or Treating!
Wyldhunt
Guardianite since I2
Playing as Wyldhaunt on Rebirth

Clave Dark 5

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 04:08:35 PM »

Make that 47 years old and replace "Trick-or-Treat" with "laying waste to a number of supernatural beasties with weapons that are prohibited by the Geneva Protocol", not to mention changing "pathetic" to "awesome" and that's me as well.  October was always my favorite month for CoH.  Sigh.
"What you say is rather profound, and probably erroneous." - Joseph Conrad

MWRuger

• New Efforts # 1,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • The Devil is in the details! Quick! Get him out!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »
Well, Clark Dave 5, at least you have November 23rd to look forward to.
AKA TheDevilYouKnow
Return of CoH - Oh My God! It looks like it can happen!

SerialBeggar

• Elite Boss
    • Serial Beggar
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »
Alright, a question for real world Treat or Treating:  do you have any suggestions for non-mainstream, candies for me to pass out?  You know, something the kids can't just get from the supermarket or the local bodega's candy rack. 

I'd prefer it to come in small, prepackaged potions, of course.  Like, I don't want to have to spend a day manually filling (crack) baggies with spoonfuls of loose bits that parents will automatically toss out anyway.  It also needs to be relatively cheap on a per unit basis.  Like, I wouldn't mind spending $25 for something really interesting, but I don't want to drop $25 on a box that only has 25 candies in it.  There needs to be enough to provide me with sufficient inventory for the night.
Teams are the number one killers of Soloists.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 01:53:12 AM »
check the local asian market for stuff like yan yan or or japanese gummy treats.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 02:08:52 AM »
I used to buy boxes of Tomoe Ame rice candy for my sons when they were little.  They are not sugary sweet, and the 'cellophane' looking wrapper is actually rice paper that melts in your mouth. (The boys used to delight in popping a candy into their mouths and having folks say, "You forgot to take the wrapper off!!!!!!) There is also a little toy inside, or used to be.

Here is the website of a great company that deals with unique candies...

Sandy Candy

Healthier stuff:
Welch's also makes some GREAT fruit gummies and fruit rollups in little packages, and they are tasty. Also, yogurt covered raisins, apple chips, and don't forget trail mix.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 05:37:25 AM »
Interesting candy...I'll have to try some if I run into any.

I remember Pop rocks, air heads as one of the funnier candies I tasted.

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 05:43:19 AM »
I've had those; not bad, but the rice wrapping paper kind of dulls some of the flavour
-Lex Luthor