Author Topic: New efforts!  (Read 7324262 times)

darkgob

• Elite Boss
Re: New efforts!
« Reply #17580 on: June 05, 2015, 11:59:10 PM »
I'll quote myself from earlier in the thread to help manage expectations.
It's probably not what you really want, but we still think it's pretty cool.

Half-Life 3 confirmed

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17581 on: June 06, 2015, 08:54:37 AM »

Its not the mod we deserve, but the mod we need.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17582 on: June 06, 2015, 08:55:30 AM »
Is it the long awaited Statesman/Recluse/Fusionette skins for HKO?

Would be hilarious if Codewalker announces he's figured out how to add a new hat to Icon.

Surelle

« Reply #17583 on: June 06, 2015, 12:19:48 PM »
We've never pretended that we weren't doing some reverse engineering. Icon didn't just magically manage to hit the right bits of the client through throwing darts at a printout of the executable, after all.

Whether or not those efforts are in any way connected to secret projects that may or may not exist or whether or not it's all part of an epic trolling conspiracy... that I can't speak to. All I can say is that we're working on something. It's probably not what you really want (though it might be for some people), but we still think it's pretty cool.

Offline host (local LAN ability) for CoX?   ;)

Yes, Codewalker & SCoRE, I'll bet you're that good or even better.

It's totally awesome that people with coding ability haven't given up on CoX in all this time (and neither have the CoT clan or APR).  It's amazing that people doing this around their lives and jobs and families have been much more dedicated and caring than the company entrusted with the IP.  I think our days of pinning our hopes on NCSoft in any fashion are at an end here, and I'm glad you others have always kept at it.

Mouse-Man

• Minion
« Reply #17584 on: June 06, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »

This. I'd be happy at this point to just be able to street sweep.
I've long given up on the game coming back in an "official" format... This would be, in my opinion, the first step to really getting it back.

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17585 on: June 06, 2015, 01:50:36 PM »
Its not the mod we deserve, but the mod we need.

Waffle resistance! I always said we already had enough defense for it...
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17586 on: June 06, 2015, 03:53:22 PM »
I still remain steadfast confident that we'll get City back.. sometime. Lord Recluse wouldn't leave his destined children, would he? Ok, he totally would - but we'll get it back anyways!

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17587 on: June 06, 2015, 04:02:26 PM »
Quote from: Surelle on Today at 12:19:48 pm

This. I'd be happy at this point to just be able to street sweep.
I've long given up on the game coming back in an "official" format... This would be, in my opinion, the first step to really getting it back.

Nods* in agreement on both counts.

Azrael.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #17588 on: June 06, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »

It's totally awesome that people with coding ability haven't given up on CoX in all this time (and neither have the CoT clan or APR).  It's amazing that people doing this around their lives and jobs and families have been much more dedicated and caring than the company entrusted with the IP.  I think our days of pinning our hopes on NCSoft in any fashion are at an end here, and I'm glad you others have always kept at it.

Amen to that! :D
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

brothermutant

• New Efforts # 14,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17589 on: June 06, 2015, 05:34:04 PM »
I still remain steadfast confident that we'll get City back.. sometime. Lord Recluse wouldn't leave his destined children, would he? Ok, he totally would - but we'll get it back anyways!
Loved that +3% global defense proc :)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17590 on: June 06, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »
I'm steadfast our game will come back to.

[[Removed a shit-ton of crap about CO. ~Agge]]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:24:14 AM by Aggelakis »
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17591 on: June 06, 2015, 11:10:22 PM »
On a far, far more positive note.  Today marks history as American Pharoah had won the triple crown today.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/06/us/belmont-stakes-american-pharoah/
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17592 on: June 07, 2015, 12:25:07 AM »
Removed a pancake-ton of crap about CO.

We have a CO subforum. Use it. Seriously. Please. Stop posting crap about CO here. Really. We get it. It's tiresome.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #17593 on: June 07, 2015, 04:24:13 AM »
the snakes and lizards aren't the problem. them gators cozyin' up to you in the middle of the night are the real issue...

OhioKnight, maybe you should move to Florida so exciting CoH news will happen more often.  ;D

No Snakes, no Gators ... I like the little lizards.  On Siesta Key beach there isn't a heavy wildlife issue -- though I did get approached in the surf by a friendly Manatee who knew his/her own kindred.

As for projects, I would love an offline street sweeper, though I doubt that's the development being referenced.  I might dream about a playable mission builder/map populator.  It wouldn't be CoH with all the content, but it would be a magnificent way to leverage the community's efforts to get us even better versions of our home.  If not MMORPG, perhaps creations would at least be sharable by posting them in the wild -- like AE writ large.

I can dream of Atlas Park 333.
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17594 on: June 07, 2015, 04:58:27 AM »

Half-Life 3 confirmed

Kind of funny on DoTA 2 because Valve trolls the community by making techies say this:

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/c/cb/Tech_rare_05.mp3

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #17595 on: June 07, 2015, 10:14:50 AM »
On a far, far more positive note.  Today marks history as American Pharoah had won the triple crown today.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/06/us/belmont-stakes-american-pharoah/

they don't get the reference they are making do they?

belmont-stakes-american-pharoah

lets just say I wasn't expecting a horse race.

I see Dracula moved to the states and had a rebirth, I mean yeah, granted Wallachia is kinda small. Good thing the Belmonts followed him. Seems he's a bit tough though they staked him but he still got the triple crown (whatever new sorcery that is).
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17596 on: June 07, 2015, 03:59:22 PM »

I think I may know exactly or close to what it might be. It may not be what we really want which is Icon with powers activated or offline servers, but It may be what we all have been asking for since we first started using Icon; and that is saved instances of the game. No more of exiting the game and losing what we spawned. That would mean that we could finally populate all the maps with life and come back to still see it alive! I feel positive that is what it is, because I sure do know what everyone wants and that is to play on servers, have powers and fight enemy spawns. So I declare a prediction (you heard it from me first), Icon 1.8!!

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #17597 on: June 07, 2015, 04:49:45 PM »
I think I may know exactly or close to what it might be. It may not be what we really want which is Icon with powers activated or offline servers, but It may be what we all have been asking for since we first started using Icon; and that is saved instances of the game. No more of exiting the game and losing what we spawned. That would mean that we could finally populate all the maps with life and come back to still see it alive! I feel positive that is what it is, because I sure do know what everyone wants and that is to play on servers, have powers and fight enemy spawns. So I declare a prediction (you heard it from me first), Icon 1.8!!
That sounds quite plausible. Or maybe a usable SG base builder? Which would also require the ability to save instances. Obviously no combat since that would require a huge amount of work.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17598 on: June 07, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »
That sounds quite plausible. Or maybe a usable SG base builder? Which would also require the ability to save instances. Obviously no combat since that would require a huge amount of work.

Oh man if it is a SG builder that would make me insanely stoked (more so than Fallout 4) I will burn so much time recreating bases.

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #17599 on: June 07, 2015, 05:59:34 PM »
Oh man if it is a SG builder that would make me insanely stoked (more so than Fallout 4) I will burn so much time recreating bases.

I hope not.  What's the point of building a base that no one else can appreciate? :/