Author Topic: Does anyone have a copy of the stand alone costume creator?  (Read 2945 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Does anyone have a copy of the stand alone costume creator?
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
There was floating around a stand alone version of the costume creator - does anyone have access to that?

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
Re: Does anyone have a copy of the stand alone costume creator?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 12:00:14 AM »
yes but it is very limited, it's from when the game 1st launced... send me a note with your skype or email address and i will send it to you. It's also in Korean but it comes with instructions on how to change the language.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:01:40 AM »
I had it way back when, but was pulled long ago.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 01:28:04 AM »
OMG!!!! That CoH Frontline site is a treasure trove of CoH things! Playing cards, the comics, and way more! I am so d/l a huge bunch of stuff from there to save
http://www.nullfile.com/cohfrontline.com/index.html
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 01:41:47 AM »
I have it, but the read me that came with it isn't really helping on the whole "make it be in English" front.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 02:37:25 AM »
Works fine for me. You just run regedit, change one value and then deny your account write permissions on it (that last part was the most confusing, initially; it's easier than it sounds)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 02:46:28 AM »
Not a lack of savvy on my part. The values called for were already set. Not sure what I can do, now. Not a big deal, just pointing it out (whining).
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 02:59:19 AM »
 :o The Local value must be equal to 0 and write-only or the creator will reset it to 3 every time it runs. Not sure why that isn't happening for you.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 03:00:11 AM »
I'm having a very hard time even downloading it, but I think that's because my internet connection is borrowing somebody else's house right now.

Nebularian

• Boss
    • Voyages of Imagination
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 03:32:03 AM »
OMG!!!! That CoH Frontline site is a treasure trove of CoH things! Playing cards, the comics, and way more! I am so d/l a huge bunch of stuff from there to save
http://www.nullfile.com/cohfrontline.com/index.html

heart stop!  the SOUNDS......I just had to play the Atlas Park sound file......argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(@Nebularian)(AKA Dylan Clearbrook) Champion/Virtue - Nebularian/Sgt. Raines/Nurse Darklight/Cosmicana-Cosmicella/Mercy Vengeance/Angel Sprite/Suzy Uzi/Blue Arc/Dark Carolyne 

XxBudweiser8xX

• Underling
  • XxBudweiser8xX
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »
Any chance someone could put  more detailed directions on switching it over to english?

Easy enough that the common folk may be able to accomplish this as well?

Thanks in advance  8)
PoN4LIFE

Gilliam

• Minion
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 01:17:08 PM »
Any chance someone could put  more detailed directions on switching it over to english?

Easy enough that the common folk may be able to accomplish this as well?

Thanks in advance  8)

Ditto for me too
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 04:39:34 PM »
No. The instructions you get are mostly sufficient. I'll repost them in case you missed them.
The program is in Korean, follow the steps below to get it into english.
1) Install and run the application.
2) Run regedit (or regedit32 for Windows 2000, in the system32 directory).
3) Locate the KCOH (or similar, running from memory here) directory under Software/Cryptic Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\KRCOH
4) Change the Locale value to 0
5) Now modify the security permission for the KCOH directory key and remove or deny all permissions except "Read" Select the key. Edit -> Permissions -> Advanced -> select your account -> Edit -> In the dialog box you get, check the box in the "Deny" column for the "Assign value" setting.
6) Now run the app and it should run in English
If you have no idea what to do when you have these, then you should not be touching your system registry for your own good.
If you have a problem with a specific step, then ask a specific question describing your problem.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »
No. The instructions you get are mostly sufficient. I'll repost them in case you missed them.If you have no idea what to do when you have these, then you should not be touching your system registry for your own good.
If you have a problem with a specific step, then ask a specific question describing your problem.

Thank you for this info.

I have been able to get as far as "check the box in the "Deny" column for the "Assign value" setting, but cannot see an Assign Value on the list.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

(edit) Got there cheers - no further help needed :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:40:49 PM by Artillerie »

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 06:46:09 PM »
It's a translation from Polish version of Win XP... might be "set value" or something like that in English. :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 09:49:19 PM »
I had to do the "deny all but 'read'" version, for some reason. My problem was not rebooting before opening regedit, I guess. I wasn't seeing the "KRCOH" subdirectory under NCSoft(core). Works, now.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »
This is really cool, and even better now that I've gotten it read in English.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 11:31:21 PM »
It's WAY more limited that I expected, WRT costume pieces, but it's a fix. :)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »
It's WAY more limited that I expected, WRT costume pieces, but it's a fix. :)
Almost hard to believe that THAT was what the game launched with.  It went a LONG way.