Author Topic: Offline Mode  (Read 10918 times)

that squirrel

• Underling
Re: Offline Mode
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »
"Mission data. The server needs scenarios for all missions, task forces and events in order to be able to play them for you.
Costume data. The server needs to render other entities in the world for you."

Both of these were not handled server side, random instances such as dev created invasions were plotted and started server side however all the required programming IE maps, missions, characters, story and related mechanics are in the .piggs files. the server did run hit calcs and relay the actions to any other available parties.

Edit: character information was saved server side though :)

Little Green Frog

• Boss
  • @Little Green Frog
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 07:37:22 PM »
"Mission data. The server needs scenarios for all missions, task forces and events in order to be able to play them for you.
Costume data. The server needs to render other entities in the world for you."

Both of these were not handled server side, random instances such as dev created invasions were plotted and started server side however all the required programming IE maps, missions, characters, story and related mechanics are in the .piggs files. the server did run hit calcs and relay the actions to any other available parties.

Edit: character information was saved server side though :)

When you enter the mission, your client loads data from PIGG files and is able to draw you a map and show you the instance. That's about it. It is up to the server to populate it with enemies, react to your actions, such as clicking glowies and handle awards. Plus track your position in the game world, of course.

Other players will need to be rendered in your client and it will be up to the server to determine who sees whom and relay necessary data between game clients.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 07:12:39 AM »
When you enter the mission, your client loads data from PIGG files and is able to draw you a map and show you the instance. That's about it. It is up to the server to populate it with enemies, react to your actions, such as clicking glowies and handle awards. Plus track your position in the game world, of course.

Other players will need to be rendered in your client and it will be up to the server to determine who sees whom and relay necessary data between game clients.
and far more than that. Look at what I arrived : http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,4982.msg46676.html#msg46676
Yeeessss....

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 04:52:14 PM »
Forgive me but I cannot help but realize that this squirrel is looking for some nutz.

I see 6 posts on his profile and if I wanted to bogart some money from people missing the game this is the exact way I would do it. If you wish cash there are many ways to crowd source things now and this seems a lot like trolling.

Quanta

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »
I just wanted to say thanks for this post just for the link to the icon program.  I didn't realize it was out there until I read this post and now I can open the character creator!  I realized after the shutdown I didn't take nearly enough screenshots.  At least now I have a way to take some more.  Yay!! :))

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 02:20:47 AM »
Head to the main Titan Forums and there is an entire section devoted to teaching people how to make their own demorecorded movies.  There are some amazing pieces being created entirely piece by piece in demorecord mode by folks who started from scratch not that long ago.  Even if you saved nothing, you can recreate your character in Icon, load the costume file and create a video with him.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Quanta

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
Thanks VV!!  Fortunately I saved my characters with the Sentinal+ extractor and now I can see them in DemoMode!!