Author Topic: Sorcery Pool?  (Read 1617 times)

DarkCurrent

• Boss
Sorcery Pool?
« on: January 31, 2013, 01:44:56 AM »
Anyone ever shoot any video / pics of the sorcery pool?  Never got to see any of the gfx and was looking forward to its release before the plug was pulled.  Would appreciate if someone had a link or whatnot.

Thanks in advance!

Colette

• Elite Boss
Re: Sorcery Pool?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 02:41:54 AM »
Yup yup. Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkdZIgQJUE

I don't have damage numbers, though. Red Tomax lists them as... PvE damage scale 1.554000 (whatever that means) for bolt and nothing listed for enflame. Range for the translocation is listed as 300 ft.

I used all of them on beta. Subjectively, the bolt is very nice for a non-weapon melee, as it gives 'em something ranged to put in their chain very early. For ranged fighters its long activation and low damage makes it less attractive.

Ward is pretty much "heal other."

Mystic Flight was slow, and the translocation was short-ranged. Not a true substitute for flight or t-port, but nice. Would mix well with either pool if you needed the other sorcery powers.

Rune would be terrific for hard-pressed squishies.

Enflame was great for anyone. I'd guess tanks in particular would like it for continuous agro.

So it had a little something for everyone. I really really wanted this pool for my characters. Sooo frustrating!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:50:01 AM by Colette »

Stone Daemon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:01:53 PM »
Sadly, Enflame had that terrifically high fear effect that Burn used to have. It had good damage numbers, and it would leave a kind of trail of burn patches (from what I understand), but it would definitely scatter a mob (those it didn't kill).

And Rune of Protection...had a nasty long recharge. If it was permable (and I don't think it was), it would require an insane amount of recharge. And it was in the 10% base resistance buff range(?). (Not sure how/if it changed on different ATs.)

It did look pretty neat, though.

DarkCurrent

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 01:02:25 AM »
Wow, that was a really neat pool.  Coulda used that for a couple of toons.  I used to build hover/tp travel when 6-slotted hover was all the rage.  That travel power would have been awesome for that.

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »
I tried the set full set, it was a nice addition.

What I was waiting for was the Utility Belt Power Pool.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:37:05 PM »
I was saving up points for Sorcery for my Electric Blaster (long animation time or not, Arcane Bolt nicely filled in the gap in his attack chain, and Rune of Protection was a great mini-Panic Button with no downside), and Gadgetry (for my Robotics Mastermind; a Jetpack flight power and a damage-absorbing Force Barrier fit the concept so well, and possibly the two Drone attack powers, depending on animation).

Those weren't the only two characters who were going to use them (Sorcery would have fit for most of my Dominators and Controllers), but they were the ones that sprang to mind immediately when I read their descriptions.