Author Topic: Interview to come with Plus 10 Damage  (Read 12181 times)

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
Re: Interview to come with Plus 10 Damage
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 07:30:14 PM »
Off-topic-Discussing zombies and zombie invasion with morticians- priceless.

Speaking of zombies, might not hurt to remind them that Worcestershire Sauce is NOT to be used as an embalming fluid.

Should be covered in mortician 101, and it's right there on the label, but just in case they forgot...

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 09:38:23 PM »
Am I the only one having sporadic Demolition Man associations from all the talk of Taco Bell? :)

Again, an excellent interview. Thanks, VV.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:20:41 AM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 10:49:08 PM »
There's a scandal going on atm in the UK/Ireland where 29% horse meat was found in value beefburgers. Everybody is shocked. Some that horse meat was found, but most that there was that much meat in a value beefburger.

I recall a rumor that was going around the South a number of years ago that McDonald's was 'stretching' the meat in their burgers by mixing it with ground-up earthworms. I had to admire the way McDonald's quashed the rumor -- they had a PR person make a presentation, with documentation, showing that pound for pound earthworms cost more than what McDonald's was paying for their ground beef; they would have been reducing their profits to use earthworms in their burger patties.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 11:12:41 PM »
Am I the only one having sporadic Demolition Man associations from all the talk of Taco Bell? :)

I've been awaiting the "franchise wars" for a loooooong time.

And VV... way too many times when I read these interviews, I feel like I'm looking at my own thoughts, converted into text.

pogoman

• Vox Populi
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 11:29:39 PM »
Excellent job with the interview! I hope this furthers our cause. I don't see why it wouldn't.  I also hope you feel much better soon.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 03:03:27 AM »
I used Taco Bell as an example precisely because of Demolition Man.  An internet brownie to you who caught the reference.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 04:42:44 AM »
Excellent work, would love to get you talking to some S. Korean papers for interviews to coincide with the release of NCsoft's Q4 2012 financial reports. If they're as dismal as rumors say, a well timed interview would be a nice one-two punch.

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 10:40:06 AM »
I miss good old fashioned take a cow hit it over the head slice it up into pieces cook it and eat it meat. Alas, we live in a world where we have the best medical stuff i nthe world but more cancers and diseases in the history of mankind hanging around, many caused by stuff we are not supposed to be eating.

We're running into increasing rates of cancer and heart disease and the like because they're traditionally health issues that affect you the older you get.

Because unlike 2000, 1000, or even 100 years ago, our average life expectancy isn't way down in the twenties and thirties.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 12:23:14 PM »
We're running into increasing rates of cancer and heart disease and the like because they're traditionally health issues that affect you the older you get.

Because unlike 2000, 1000, or even 100 years ago, our average life expectancy isn't way down in the twenties and thirties.
So all those experts out there saying they are caused by pollution and bad nutrition are wrong ?
Yeeessss....

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 01:39:38 PM »
In fact now some doctors are saying the anti-oxidants are CAUSING some cancers.

The secret eat as many whole foods as you can - whole foods are 1 food alone not a mixture. Butter is better than margarine because butter is one thing and margarine is a blend of many things. Meat, eggs, vegetables, fruits, water, milk the old pyramid of food is still a solid way to go.

I lost 45 pounds went from 286 to 241 in 6 months by eating like this:
Morning - either 2 turkey patties or 2 eggs
10 am - fruit and/or unsalted nuts
Lunch - Peanut and Jelly sandwich, fruit and juice or water
2pm - a dark chocolate covered graham cracker - most awesome thing ever
Dinner - steak, fish, chicken, turkey and vegetables

It is easy to do cheaper to eat this way and if you want to eat that whole pizza sometimes - go for it - you can work it off.

Quinch

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »

To be fair, infant mortality in the olden days skewed the average way down.

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 04:27:51 PM »

And we're better at detecting diseases nowadays, too.

Zedrik

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »
Taking out infant and childhood mortality rates, men lived to be in their mid 60s to early 70s on average (not taking the black death into consideration, which did indeed drop it to about mid 20s during those particular years).

Source:  Expectations of Life (1990): Lancaster, H.O.

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 09:06:40 PM »
Excellent work, would love to get you talking to some S. Korean papers for interviews to coincide with the release of NCsoft's Q4 2012 financial reports. If they're as dismal as rumors say, a well timed interview would be a nice one-two punch.

Yeah, keeping the pressure on them is the absolute best. I hope more people come out to interview VV every time NCSoft releases any financial information.

I recall a rumor that was going around the South a number of years ago that McDonald's was 'stretching' the meat in their burgers by mixing it with ground-up earthworms. I had to admire the way McDonald's quashed the rumor -- they had a PR person make a presentation, with documentation, showing that pound for pound earthworms cost more than what McDonald's was paying for their ground beef; they would have been reducing their profits to use earthworms in their burger patties.
If fast food were to stretch meat (and they do) they would do it with tofu (because that's what they were caught doing).

Earthworms just seems silly, anyways. Though that seems like a bad way to prove a point. "Our food is so crappy, the earthworms would be a step up".

Life expectancy was never 20 or 30 years old. If average lifespan was 30 years old ever, and it was, it was because child and infant mortality rates were so high, dragging the average down. Once you got to about 20, you were expected to live to 50-60. The 'average' age wasn't what was averagely expected of somebody that made it beyond childhood.

If you think about it, it wouldn't even make sense for people to only be expected to live 20 years. If it takes 14-16-18 years old for a human to become physically or emotionally mature enough to even *consider* being independent, and if you had a child at, let's say 14, you wouldn't even live long enough to raise your own kid to his 6th birthday. Let alone have a 'farm family' of 8 kids.

If people actively typically died at 20, then not only would there be a lot of 6 years olds raising themselves, but things like grandparents would be unheard of.

Taking out infant and childhood mortality rates, men lived to be in their mid 60s to early 70s on average (not taking the black death into consideration, which did indeed drop it to about mid 20s during those particular years).

Source:  Expectations of Life (1990): Lancaster, H.O.

Even then, people who didn't die of the plague didn't die younger. That's like saying that people only lived to 20 years of age during times of war because swords had a habit of killing 20 year olds. It might be 'true' mathematically but paints a very confused picture of how people actually lived.

So all those experts out there saying they are caused by pollution and bad nutrition are wrong ?

Nope, they're probably right. I've heard also that some people's allergies get messed up by over use of antibacterial agents. I'm not talking about vaccines or nothing, I mean like over use of antibiotic cleansers and stuff.

In fact now some doctors are saying the anti-oxidants are CAUSING some cancers.

Yeah, it's difficult to say what will and won't cause cancer. It might be true that oxidization is a factor in your body aging, but it can't be the only factor. After all, there are some biologically immortal animals out there and they're using oxygen too.

Fact is, the human body just isn't meant to last forever. Science might fix that, but it's not likely gonna come just from eating more vitamin yogurt or some quick fad.

And we're better at detecting diseases nowadays, too.

The funny irony is that, the more we're able to tell how the body works and what diseases are, the less we're able to really define exactly what death is and when you're dead or not.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:22:16 PM by Osborn »

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 10:06:25 PM »
The funny irony is that, the more we're able to tell how the body works and what diseases are, the less we're able to really define exactly what death is and when you're dead or not.

Well, we just learned enough to realize how much we don't really know.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 12:29:27 AM »
Earthworms just seems silly, anyways. Though that seems like a bad way to prove a point. "Our food is so crappy, the earthworms would be a step up".

Quality and price aren't necessarily related. Could just mean that, say, it's harder to farm earthworms so they cost more.

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 12:54:23 AM »
Quality and price aren't necessarily related. Could just mean that, say, it's harder to farm earthworms so they cost more.

I know, but that still sounds like a very sad way to put it.

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 03:45:18 AM »
And no for no reason I'm remembering those great big, giant, Australian earthworms. Because just about every animal has a friggin' freaky Australian counterpart.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 06:13:11 AM »
those great big, giant, Australian earthworms.

Yeah I heard about those... yikes :o

Glad I live in Canada, where we only have sasquatches and were-beavers.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »
Glad I live in Canada, where we only have sasquatches and were-beavers.

Heck with them, it's the Wampas you got to worry about.