Author Topic: Update from Paragon Studios: 0 XP Weekend  (Read 14899 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: Update from Paragon Studios: 0 XP Weekend
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2013, 06:29:08 AM »
Sorry.  was having a Mel Brooks moment.  (Spaceballs)
Thanks and Awesome!  I've seen Spaceballs at least 3 or 4 times but somehow had forgotten that bit. :o  Thank you for coming to the rescue of my faulty memory!  :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2013, 02:07:18 AM »
not a problem.  I hear the newest issue makes players totally unnecessary.

Say, Tony, I couldn't get my account renamed to LadyVamp or Flying_Snow_Mouse (or some variant) could I?  Or is that a rename by creating new account deal  :P
No Surrender!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2013, 03:10:41 AM »
not a problem.  I hear the newest issue makes players totally unnecessary.

Say, Tony, I couldn't get my account renamed to LadyVamp or Flying_Snow_Mouse (or some variant) could I?  Or is that a rename by creating new account deal  :P
Dear Wings, With all due respect, I think you have it close but not quite right.  The current NCSoft business model under which this Awesome and Awe-Inspiring "0 XP Weekend" and Celebratory 9th Anniversary of City of Heroes was conducted makes MMORPG publishers unnecessary!!!!   Vive la players!!!!  There shall always be players!!!!  (Anyone wishing to stop me from playing should now roll a saving throw!)  ;D
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2013, 05:38:44 AM »
In one of my performance reviews at a former employer, my supervisor was going through the list of stuff that he had been required to evaluate me on, and he was clearly not enthusiastic. Both of us being at least marginally nerdy, when he got to, "and as far as your initiative," I blurted out, "I roll a six!"

He didn't get it.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 06:45:13 AM »
In one of my performance reviews at a former employer, my supervisor was going through the list of stuff that he had been required to evaluate me on, and he was clearly not enthusiastic. Both of us being at least marginally nerdy, when he got to, "and as far as your initiative," I blurted out, "I roll a six!"

He didn't get it.

*psi*  Well, some people are insufficiently nerdy, but what can one do?  From the Telling Tales Out of School vault:  After my sainted boss, Her (academic) Deanship, got promoted to her VP-ship, she had the misfortune of repeating to her fellow administrators something one of my colleagues said to me that she and I both found almost hysterically funny: [quoting Cass] "You and Barbara were both taken by the Dark Side" in reference to our now being part of the actual Administration rather than attached to an academic department with honest-to-goodness teaching faculty.  Needless to say, the administrative colleagues of my boss, the newly-minted VP, not only failed to see the humor, but did not find this characterization even vaguely flattering or amusing.   What a bunch of Bean Counters!!
*queues theme music, swirls cape, activates the theatrical smoke-pots while stepping sideways and backwards into the smoke while bowing and ducking, since after all even CEO's, CFO's, accountants and accounting technicians  and even Comptrollers need love, and it does not do to P.O. people needlessly.*

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2013, 10:07:26 AM »

He didn't get it.

Damn, I'd have bust out laughing if that was me lol! Guess I'm sufficiently nerdy :D

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
Dear Wings, With all due respect, I think you have it close but not quite right.  The current NCSoft business model under which this Awesome and Awe-Inspiring "0 XP Weekend" and Celebratory 9th Anniversary of City of Heroes was conducted makes MMORPG publishers unnecessary!!!!   Vive la players!!!!  There shall always be players!!!!  (Anyone wishing to stop me from playing should now roll a saving throw!)  ;D

Yeah. You're right.  The playerless issue was released last year.  Almost all of the fans of this great game were not amused with it either.  Myself included. 
No Surrender!

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »

No, please don't create a new account, that makes housekeeping a pain.  :)  I'll try to take a look at this today or maybe tomorrow.

LadyVamp

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2013, 10:28:16 PM »
No, please don't create a new account, that makes housekeeping a pain.  :)  I'll try to take a look at this today or maybe tomorrow.

Thanks, TonyV.  You the greatest!
No Surrender!