Author Topic: Twice this weekend...  (Read 3282 times)

plasma

• Underling
Twice this weekend...
« on: February 18, 2013, 03:03:28 PM »
I woke up having dreamed a CoH dream.

Lucretia MacEvil

Re: Twice this weekend...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:33:05 PM »
I do that too, sometimes, but this weekend was especially heart-wrenching;  I dreamed that someone had bought our game and opened it back up with all our characters still there.  There was a huge party around the Atlas statue and people were throwing confetti down from the top of the globe and the roof of City Hall while heroes flew around and around cheering from sheer joy.

*sigh*

:'(  :gonk:

DCrepesit

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:43:01 PM »
I can't say I've ever had a dream about CoH or any games before.

That was kinda sad to read Lucretia lol
I'm feeling quite a bit of nostalgia for this game  :o
Decrepit Birth, Symbiotic in Theory, Bring Me Pizza Rolls

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »
Not all hope is lost...

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 05:21:12 PM »
Not all hope is lost...

Guy, when you or any other of the Titan gurus say something like that I need to reach of the anti-anxiety pills and a brown paper bag.
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Darkness De Ding

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 05:56:49 PM »
I usually reach for a full box of tissue and let the tears flow.
Me? Just a blaster? My shoes will kick your ass.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »
I tend to go into Google-stalker mode. It's amazing the stuff you find, if you know how to creatively apply enough Google.

(I've yet to actually find anything when they do say stuff like that, but the one time I don't try...)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 08:05:08 PM »
Not all hope is lost...

Updates?  New developments?

Info plz!

Sol Eternal

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 12:18:46 AM »
Something to remember it all by...
 :'(

http://youtu.be/-5lE2uETMdI

http://youtu.be/uCvDCqjLGgE
Triumph Server
Hero of the City
Chief of Supergroup - Guardians of Eternal Justice

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 12:05:06 PM »
I find it hard to bear watching those, still. It makes me miss the game even more, and I feel my loss again, deeply.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

General Idiot

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »
Today, looking through old screenshots I caught myself going to click the button on an info box to close it. In a screenshot.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
Today, looking through old screenshots I caught myself going to click the button on an info box to close it. In a screenshot.

Heehee! I keep trying to open everybody's info boxes. But honestly I've been trying to do that in screenshots for years :D :) :-\ ???

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 02:42:47 PM »
I have done that a lot of times... a lot.  Sigh...

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 03:08:34 PM »

I had to change my wallpaper for this exact reason...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 06:05:46 AM »
New item for my desk clutter, a place holder for the empty CoH game time display.

Temporarily Out of Stock... I hate you NCsoft for adding this to my collection.
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 12:13:41 PM »
I'll confess I haven't dreamed City of Heroes in a while, tho here on Titan the images come flooding back to me, especially my vigilante Grav/Storm Warlord Chang (who described himself as "pragmatically heroic.")  Of late what I dream of--beyond the fantasy of us all getting past  the illusion of race and a total cease fire in the "battle" of the sexes--is to somehow capture conceptually in my pea-brain the Win-Win paradigm shift we all need, and then release it.  In my dream, if even one of us can think of the ultimate Win-Win, then human civilization and society advances, perhaps even the species itself.  (Yes, I can say "grandiose" and even keep a straight face).  Please hear me out.  If Win-Win is thought of, then there shall be no need for Win-Lose.  Under Win-Lose, all too often even the "winner" loses out, gaining far less than Win-Win would convey.  Thus optically Win-Lose is really Lose-Lose, only with varying degrees of loss of and suffering.  Under Win-Win (as operationally defined) no one loses, all befit, former winners win more, and "losers" have even more to gain.  Beyond some very rough noodling and thoughts about organic modeling, I'm not there yet; nor even sure it's attainable, merely 100% certain it's worthwhile and where we as a planet need to get to, else we just keep on repeating the same near endless cycle (can you say boring even amid myriad variation?)  So that's my dream, and I'm not even wearing tights or a cape, just some rather pedestrian clothes.

Oblique references:  Sociology, Anthropology, Genetics, Biodiversity, Neuro-diversity, History, Pre-History, Civil Rights & Obligations, Social Organization (multi species), Biology, Ecology, Religion/Spirituality, Psychology, Language/Communication (the last two because we'd have to "market" and "sell it") 

Peace Out, Titans.  It's time I wander away to ponder and blog elsewhere for awhile.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine