Author Topic: So Deadpool has a game.  (Read 1302 times)

ParagonKid

• Underling
So Deadpool has a game.
« on: June 27, 2013, 02:20:22 AM »
Got the PC version on Steam

It's well written, funny, creative and true to the comic. Excellent voice acting on the title character.
 :D

It's also buggy, unpolished, needs some balance tweaking and can be slightly repetitive.
 >:(

Sooparyan

• Underling
Re: So Deadpool has a game.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »
Sadly it will never receive any kind of a real polish as Highmoon is now defunct.

I had high hopes for the game, bought it, beat it and traded it in in under 48 hours...

No replayability and extremely short, I am sad.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 10:28:29 PM »
Do game makers even bother with putting out a polished game in the MMO AND OR games that require and or use internet connection for updates realm anymore? Its seems they rather put out half baked products with the intent on fixing it later which usually end up either they dont have time to fix it no money to fix it or cant fix it due to the way the code is written. Why not ensure it's relative bug free before saying it's done and releasing it? I thought that was the whole point of aplha and beta testing was for? Now it's seem to be merely an early entry program and actual testing for problems is not thought of.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 10:52:22 PM »
Played it as a rental.  The story is entertaining and the presentation is perfectly Deadpool-esque.  However I didn't beat the game.  The last string of battles was too difficult for me to want to deal with.  Up until that point the combat had been passably fun, but then it suddenly ramped up to frustrating.  Anyone who likes Deadpool as a character might be better off watching a video of a playthrough.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.