Author Topic: MMO'd Out...  (Read 55 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
MMO'd Out...
« on: May 02, 2024, 07:16:34 PM »
Too much punishment for not adhering to a farming schedule. Too much (anything more than zero) pay to win. Too much hamsterwheelery due to power creep and rule changes that puts me into an eternal cycle to just maintain the level I already achieved.

Too little sense of adventure. Too little sense of achievement. Too little ability to live in a world where everyone starts out truly equal and free of any prejudice and becomes whatever they have the desire and ability to become with their mind (the fantastic-er the better) by using rules and tools available to all.

This has been the direction of things for me for some time now. Granted, I play a tiny fraction of new games but they all have this same theme. The genre's still around after all this time though so there's that.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: MMO'd Out...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 05:32:29 AM »
I feel ya.  I haven't touched any MMOs in quite a few years.  Most of my gaming has been been more traditional RPG (playing the original Fallout this week) and hack-and-slash (Gauntlet and Pathfinder:  Gallowspire Survivors).  There's still a chunk of mobile games to kill a few minutes here and there (Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Marvel STRIKE Force, and Magic the Gathering: Arena).  And a considerable amount of my time after work is spent preparing for our Saturday Pathfinder sessions since I'm currently in the GM chair.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 11:26:49 PM »
CoX was the last MMO (borderline Only) I played and even when HC poked its head out I really wasn't playing all that much. Part of the issue being that KB / M play causes more pain than a controller. Yes, I know it's Possible to attempt to get one to work for PC, but I also Hate the clicky-click of my XB controllers (prefer my PS) and those would be the easiest to get setup. Overall, I've moved to consoles and tend to be found playing things like Starfield (XB), that Disney game that was Supposed to be F2P on release (PS), and general puzzle games (Switch). I've played others (TLoU, Fallout, etc) as well over time, but my recent change in work style has severely condensed the time I have to cool down anymore.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 07:40:16 AM »
I know how you feel. The only play is City of and Swtor time to time. Most of the time I play single player games such as Fallout 4 and Skyrim, among others. Take some time off and enjoy playing other games.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 08:19:41 AM »
There's still a chunk of mobile games to kill a few minutes here and there
See now those mobile games are the shining example of exactly what I'm talking about. They take the essence of PC games and pervert them into vending machines...... Like most everyone else I accept right from the beginning that I'll never be the star in these games. It's like an invisible check box everyone mentally checks off the first time a mobile game loads. "Click here to accept you're never gonna win".

But I keep playing them! That's all I play lately + their PC versions.

Marvel SNAP is sorta a version of Magic that I was playing and still want to when there's more time. Playing Raid: Shadow Legends right now, which, I think is like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes (edit: it's not. that looks kinda cool I'm downloading it. Edit2: yes it's like Raid hehe). I tried Marvel STRIKE Force but it didn't pass the audition for some reason. SNAP and Raid started on mobile and added PC versions.

I can't believe anyone is playing original Fallout and Gauntlet as their main games. Is what I thought at first. But then I thought hmmmm I kinda want to play some X-Com now.. maybe some Command HQ... StarCraft? Wasteland? Escape from Hell? Some of those old games stand up really well. It's great that a lot of them have been modernized enough to keep running. It was a real challenge to keep up with them when they were new due to there were so many good new games coming out then. I should build my collection back up..

Overall, I've moved to consoles

Console games have passed me by. Lived in an arcade for years so I can appreciate console games but when I went PC I just kinda stayed there except for I had to get a N64 due to I had to own a machine that Nintendo lost money on with every sale. It felt like buying the future. it had all that powah. I'd like to recommend my wireless Logitech controller for PC but it's well over 10 years old. I guess you're doing console now so it doesn't mattah.

Most of the time I play single player games

See I never do this anymore, since, like, EverQuest. I should.. For some reason it doesn't feel 'real' unless there's other people around.

That's weird you're all playing/recently played Fallout!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 09:15:18 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>